Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

...yes satan?

Agent. Mulder

ok, so satan (lucipher) was casted out of heaven for....leading a revolt against god? or something like that? the war of heaven. this is something my friend brought up:

so the question is, why is hell so bad? i mean, they say satan tortures youre soul in hell, for all your sins and blah blah. but why? is he r******ed? shouldnt he be happy to have these sinners in there with him? people like he was? it should be enjoyable and a party for all of them. not some place with hell, fire, brimstone (well maybe those). but not eternal torture, pain and w/e else. if anything, satan should be proud of the people down then, and thank them for doing what they did. he would try to make it as comfortable as possible, so these people will stay, and not try revolting against him.......right?

this fictitious place called 'hell' should just be the same as 'heaven'. but for those who sin, or w/e.

it makes no sense to me. 'hell' shouldnt be anything to be afraid of. its the same as 'heaven', but with a different ruler. each being happy people have come to them.

any comments? ill take w/e

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadMachine

• Agent. Mulder

• joeycastaneda56

• strangely~obsessed

Many moderate Christians these days deny the existence of hell as a place of torture, and instead refer to it as simply ceasing to exist (which is what the atheists believe happens anyway, so everyone wins.)

I wonder though... If Satan (or Lucifer. Whatever, they're not the same anyway...) was cast into "Hell", doesn't that mean he doesn't exist?

Horrible translations sure make things tricky.

ok, so satan (lucipher) was casted out of heaven for....leading a revolt against god? or something like that? the war of heaven. this is something my friend brought up:

so the question is, why is hell so bad? i mean, they say satan tortures youre soul in hell, for all your sins and blah blah. but why? is he r******ed? shouldnt he be happy to have these sinners in there with him? people like he was? it should be enjoyable and a party for all of them. not some place with hell, fire, brimstone (well maybe those). but not eternal torture, pain and w/e else. if anything, satan should be proud of the people down then, and thank them for doing what they did. he would try to make it as comfortable as possible, so these people will stay, and not try revolting against him.......right?

this fictitious place called 'hell' should just be the same as 'heaven'. but for those who sin, or w/e.

it makes no sense to me. 'hell' shouldnt be anything to be afraid of. its the same as 'heaven', but with a different ruler. each being happy people have come to them.

I remember quoting part of an Exorcism book (or giving the gist of the message in this book) in a Thread a few months back. It went something along these lines.

A person was possessed, when the Exorcist demanded that the spirit inside the person speak, the Exorcist asked about Hell. Why, for instance, would a spirit be in hell when they are with the exact people they hated, in Hell after all, they had a relationship with these other spirits for eternity.

The answer was "You do not have a clue, do you. In Hell, there are NO relationships, there is nothing, no other spirits or anything else"

This brought home to me what Hell really would be, total and utter lonliness, no hope, no light, nothing at all. There would be no parties, no comfort, no companions - it would just be - nothing.

This brought home to me what Hell really would be, total and utter lonliness, no hope, no light, nothing at all. There would be no parties, no comfort, no companions - it would just be - nothing.

There's no loneliness when there's nothing. When you don't exist, you don't regret that you don't exist. It's the same as before you were born.

others say that suffering comes from being not able to be with God. what does satan has to do with it...well...I don't know, good question

others say that suffering comes from being not able to be with God. what does satan has to do with it...well...I don't know, good question

Sorry for butting in so much. :lol:

In my opinion, existence is the cause of suffering. There is no suffering in the absence of being.

Of course being is also the cause of happiness and all the good things, that doesn't mean that you would suffer in the absence of being, which would take with it

both what you consider the Good AND the Bad.

There's no loneliness when there's nothing. When you don't exist, you don't regret that you don't exist. It's the same as before you were born.

No I didn't say that a spirit in Hell would become non-existent, I meant (which, I agree did come across wrong) that where such a spirit would be, there would be nothing. The spirit would get unbearably lonely, there would be no relationships, absolutely nothing. The spirit itself however, would still exist, but would be stuck in some sort of limbo, whereby they were alone with no hope.

As far away from Love as they could be.....

No I didn't say that a spirit in Hell would become non-existent, I meant (which, I agree did come across wrong) that where such a spirit would be, there would be nothing. The spirit would get unbearably lonely, there would be no relationships, absolutely nothing. The spirit itself however, would still exist, but would be stuck in some sort of limbo, whereby they were alone with no hope.

As far away from Love as they could be.....

So in other words... Torture. You're explaining the same "Hell" that most old-fashioned Christians do, with different colored flames. :lol:

It's only fair that everyone have the right to cease to exist. God is cruel, if your Heaven and Hell exist, as he forces people to exist either way.

edited for spelling

Edited by Boon!

So in other words... Torture. You're explaining the same "Hell" that most old-fashioned Christians do, with different colored flames. :lol:

It's only fair that everyone have the right to cease to exist. God is cruel, if your Heaven and Hell exist, as he forces people to exist either way.

edited for spelling

Well I am not religious, although I do believe in God. However, I do not think God would force anyone to do anything, that would come down to the acts of the person themselves. If they were to live a life torturing, murdering and overpowering other peoples' will, they have made their own bed and in effect, their own death. If they live their whole life by causing pain and suffering to everyone about them, perhaps this is what would cause them to experience pain and suffering to themselves after death.

Don't forget this is just my opinion. I could be completely wrong, but I have to start somewhere ya know :lol:

As far as Judaism is concerned it is imposible for an angel to rebel. Satan is an adversary that God has on the Earth to test/hinder us. Satan is only fulfilling his purpose. In my personal belief, there is no Satan, Satan is the animal nature within humans that causes us to sin. However, unlike Christians, the animal nature is not to be erradicated, but to be tamed and controlled. There needs to be balance in everything, even in good and evil.

Edited by Knight of Zion (COI)

Satan won't be torturing anybody in the lake of fire. He'll be getting tortured day and night for all of eternity.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Actually, I think Satan is no more evil then we are. Satan is in all of us, that I am sure. But of course, so is God.

religion, the god, the devil...such things can never be universal because everyone has their own specific ideas about what they choose to believe and i think hell has always been very personal, or to clarify, more of an individualized idea

as time goes on and civilizations change, satan has to along with it or the concept will be left behind, hence the christians and their forced adaptability

such a conflict arises about the notion of hell because of the possibility that it might not exist; and such a possibility frightens us more than any imagined demon or fiery pit because we all would like to think there is some form of justice when we see so little of it around us

In my religion, Muslim, Hell is indeed a torture place for those who had not been faithful and has done bad deeds in life. But it's not Satan that punishes us, it is by God's Angels.

I am not religious though I have been taught lots about Christianity. To possibly answer your question the devil tortures human souls when they go down to hell because he was once an angel and angels along with God resemble humans. As we know Lucifer hates God because he got cast out from heaven and as we are all made in gods form he sees god in each and everyone of us thus he torturers us. Lucifer also knows that God loves all of us as much as he once loved him for that reason he is angry and seeks vengeance.

(Atheists) And people who don't believe in (HELL) are in for a big shock.After they burn for about 1 hour they are going to wish they had asked (MY LORD JESUS CHRIST) to forgive them.But it will be to late.These people do not want to be accountable for there sinful acts.Thats why they don't believe in (HELL),The (GOD OF HEAVEN),(MY LORD JESUS CHRIST) AND THE (HOLY SPIRIT). (WHAT IS HELL LIKE?) (Luke 16:23; There are two descriptions of hell in the Bible.One is a burning fire.Jesus often used the word Gehenna to describe hell.Gehenna was the refuse dump outside Jerusalem that was always on fire.Jesus said hell was a place of worms,maggots,fire and trouble.From that we get the image of a lake fire and the concept of perpetual burning.The evil ones there are full of remorse and torment . (Mark: 9:43-48). Jesus also said that hell would be ...weeping and gnashing of teeth". (Matt: 8:12).Here the image is one of terrible loneliness: separation from (GOD) and man. Those who are consigned to hell will be put into the inky blackness of eternity, with nobody to turn to or talk to--constantly alone. They will suffer the remorse of knowing they had the opportunity to come into heaven with (GOD) but turned it down. The Bible speaks of a lake of fire reserved for the DEVIL and his ANGLES (Matt. 25:41).Human beings were never intended to go in hell. But the ones who choose to reject (GOD) will one day follow (SATAN) right into this eternal torment.There will be no exit from hell,no way out,no second chance. That is why it is so important in this life to receive the pardon that (GOD) extends to all men through the cross of (JESUS CHRIST). (REV. 20: 11-15).

(Atheists) And people who don't believe in (HELL) are in for a big shock.After they burn for about 1 hour they are going to wish they had asked (MY LORD JESUS CHRIST) to forgive them.But it will be to late.These people do not want to be accountable for there sinful acts.Thats why they don't believe in (HELL),The (GOD OF HEAVEN),(MY LORD JESUS CHRIST) AND THE (HOLY SPIRIT). (WHAT IS HELL LIKE?) (Luke 16:23; There are two descriptions of hell in the Bible.One is a burning fire.Jesus often used the word Gehenna to describe hell.Gehenna was the refuse dump outside Jerusalem that was always on fire.Jesus said hell was a place of worms,maggots,fire and trouble.From that we get the image of a lake fire and the concept of perpetual burning.The evil ones there are full of remorse and torment . (Mark: 9:43-48). Jesus also said that hell would be ...weeping and gnashing of teeth". (Matt: 8:12).Here the image is one of terrible loneliness: separation from (GOD) and man. Those who are consigned to hell will be put into the inky blackness of eternity, with nobody to turn to or talk to--constantly alone. They will suffer the remorse of knowing they had the opportunity to come into heaven with (GOD) but turned it down. The Bible speaks of a lake of fire reserved for the DEVIL and his ANGLES (Matt. 25:41).Human beings were never intended to go in hell. But the ones who choose to reject (GOD) will one day follow (SATAN) right into this eternal torment.There will be no exit from hell,no way out,no second chance. That is why it is so important in this life to receive the pardon that (GOD) extends to all men through the cross of (JESUS CHRIST). (REV. 20: 11-15).

What do we need teeth for in hell ? So they can GNASH.?What about old farts w. no teeth ? Will they have to bring their dentures ? Do they have dental care in hell so that our teeth may gnash continuously ?

And how in the world can you be happy in heaven if ones kids are suffering eternally in hell ?

Are ya gonna be yelling "HEY I TOLD YOU SO BELOW" ??

"Look at me.....playing me harp !" "Nana.. nana.... nanna... " :whistle:

Are you gonna praise god for creating a hell for your loved ones ? Give em a pat on his holy back ?

My responses may be ABSURD but it's only mirroring your own unholy book and it absurdities.

Only a lowly,cruel human being w. no empathy or morals would come up with such a perverted invention of an eternal hell & suffering

Gory Gory Hell-elujah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

As WWF pointed out, Satan will not be torturing anyone in Hell. Satan is not the king of Hell. The closest he will ever be to being a king is right now, being the predominant power in this world.

What do we need teeth for in hell ? So they can GNASH.?What about old farts w. no teeth ? Will they have to bring their dentures ? Do they have dental care in hell so that our teeth may gnash continuously ?

And how in the world can you be happy in heaven if ones kids are suffering eternally in hell ?

Are ya gonna be yelling "HEY I TOLD YOU SO BELOW" ??

"Look at me.....playing me harp !" "Nana.. nana.... nanna... " :whistle:

Are you gonna praise god for creating a hell for your loved ones ? Give em a pat on his holy back ?

My respones may be ABSURD but it's only mirroring your own unholy book and it absurdities.

Only a lowly,cruel human being w. no empathy or morals would come up with such a perverted invention of an eternal hell & suffering

Gory Gory Hell-elujah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technically God didn’t create hell. He just simply cast out the devil into the lake of fire and now the devil tempts humans to come join him, its not as if God say’s “oi you there! your aren’t getting into heaven” God just sends his angles to take the “good” humans up to heaven and the ones who have been bad God doesn’t come for so the devil takes them. Well that’s my view of what might possibly happen if there really was heaven and hell. Does no one believe in reincarnation any more?

Technically God didn’t create hell. He just simply cast out the devil into the lake of fire and now the devil tempts humans to come join him, its not as if God say’s “oi you there! your aren’t getting into heaven” God just sends his angles to take the “good” humans up to heaven and the ones who have been bad God doesn’t come for so the devil takes them. Well that’s my view of what might possibly happen if there really was heaven and hell. Does no one believe in reincarnation any more?

Well reicarnation makes more sense than gnashing teeth ;)

lol ur my favorite type of christian.

Basically Satan doesn't like us because God favors us above his angels. Thats why he revolted. So since he doesn't like us he tortures us for an eternity and keeps us away from God.

(Atheists) And people who don't believe in (HELL) are in for a big shock.After they burn for about 1 hour they are going to wish they had asked (MY LORD JESUS CHRIST) to forgive them..

You are a sadist

BTW..... an hour?

I believe I am responsible for my own actions. I do what I feel is right. I don't worship your God and if I go to Hell for it then so be it. I will not ask for forgiveness. I'd rather burn then serve, stand tall then kneel, die before I bow, etc.

Fire and Brimstone? There are far more worse fates.

(Atheists) And people who don't believe in (HELL) are in for a big shock.After they burn for about 1 hour they are going to wish they had asked (MY LORD JESUS CHRIST) to forgive them....Etc.

Basically what you are saying is that the religion and its ideas is not good enough to stand on its own two feet and by its own merits. It needs a heavy threat of eternal torture of some kind to back it up, to terrify people into accepting God's love.

That's weak.