Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Happens When We Die?

MarKy090

wen u die thats it nothing is after that but oblivion, non existense if u will so thats why i dont worry about dying because wen u die u cant worry or be angry because u dont exist u dont have a mind to think with so u cant get bored or scared or anything well this is wat i think atleast

Edited by Elite

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8th_wall

• Mattshark

• MadMachine

• Mademoiselle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a myth that states you lose 18 grams when you die. Your soul. But then again, aren't we all going to hell anyways? I've got more important things to worry about concerning tomorrow seeing as how I have no control over my final destiny or even the path life has chosen for me. Proof of that is what I would have liked my life to be and what it has become are two different roads, regardless of how much I strove for what I wanted. My path until death has already been chosen, why should my eternity be any different.

There is a myth that states you lose 18 grams when you die. Your soul.

You're right, it's simply a myth.

But then again, aren't we all going to hell anyways? I've got more important things to worry about concerning tomorrow seeing as how I have no control over my final destiny or even the path life has chosen for me. Proof of that is what I would have liked my life to be and what it has become are two different roads, regardless of how much I strove for what I wanted. My path until death has already been chosen, why should my eternity be any different.

We choose our paths through life. One feels that life is governed by destiny only because one has given up striving for a better existence.

wen u die thats it nothing is after that but oblivion, non existense if u will so thats why i dont worry about dying because wen u die u cant worry or be angry because u dont exist u dont have a mind to think with so u cant get bored or scared or anything well this is wat i think atleast

How can you be so sure ?

It's our brain that halts . Our minds are not in our brains .. they are eternal .

I have really enjoyed reading the variety of view points about what happens when we die. That truly is one of the unexplained mysteries as far as I'm concerned. Maybe there isn't just one answer to what happens. I mean when we are alive, we choose different paths, directions, and experiences. Perhaps death is like that also. B)

• 8 months later...

I currently believe in spirit world too but keep my mind open. There are so many miracles in life..seeds growing into huge oaks.. tiny sperm into human life that loves cries laughs and thinks... and other things that it seems crazy for there not to be anything more to life.

I tried to astral project many times but was unsuccessful. I finally did, but only my right hand... But then.. my body started shaking and I felt chills down my spine and an 'evil' presence right near me. So I immediately stopped and never tried again. >_<

What happens when we die? - Well provided you are no cremated, decomposition.

It's as much a fairy tale as Heaven and Hell.

I like to think of life after death as the place you were before you were born. Non-existence.

Simple, straight to the point.

WIN!!!

I agree.

HN

I currently believe in spirit world too but keep my mind open. There are so many miracles in life..seeds growing into huge oaks.. tiny sperm into human life that loves cries laughs and thinks... and other things that it seems crazy for there not to be anything more to life.

I tried to astral project many times but was unsuccessful. I finally did, but only my right hand... But then.. my body started shaking and I felt chills down my spine and an 'evil' presence right near me. So I immediately stopped and never tried again. >_<

They are not miracles, that is just basic biology. We know how it happens and what makes it work.

You astral projected just your right hand? I was under the impression that astral projecting was something done with the mind. How just your right hand?

HN

You astral projected just your right hand? I was under the impression that astral projecting was something done with the mind. How just your right hand?

HN

It is supposed to be projecting your mind out of your body (despite the physical impossibility of this).

It is supposed to be projecting your mind out of your body (despite the physical impossibility of this).

Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't buy into it at all. :)

Just thought it was even more bizarre that only her hand went.

<_<

HN

When someone astral projects or maybe I mean OBE you have to be in an utterly relaxed state,

Allow your mind to calm itself and feel your spirit being pulled from your body. Since I'm never fully relaxed it took a long time to achieve.

And again it starts with some of your body but you have to keep pulling, I didn't because, again I told you the sensation was too strong and scary.

I swear to you I am not lieing, I have no reason too.

But everyone says OBE's are good, even though I didn't fully enter it I don't believe it's safe.

How can you be so sure ?

It's our brain that halts . Our minds are not in our brains .. they are eternal .

How can you be so sure?

When someone astral projects or maybe I mean OBE you have to be in an utterly relaxed state,

Allow your mind to calm itself and feel your spirit being pulled from your body. Since I'm never fully relaxed it took a long time to achieve.

And again it starts with some of your body but you have to keep pulling, I didn't because, again I told you the sensation was too strong and scary.

I swear to you I am not lieing, I have no reason too.

But everyone says OBE's are good, even though I didn't fully enter it I don't believe it's safe.

No it is not. You can not astrally project your hand. It is safe because it is not real. Things that are not real aren't dangerous.

Ever heard the term psychosomatic? Believing you experienced something does mean you have experienced something.

OBE's are also perfectly explainable by reality rather than conjecture.

No it is not. You can not astrally project your hand. It is safe because it is not real. Things that are not real aren't dangerous.

Ever heard the term psychosomatic? Believing you experienced something does mean you have experienced something.

OBE's are also perfectly explainable by reality rather than conjecture.

Can you astrally project *Snip*

Edited by Lady_Anvilabeel
Inflammatory remark removed

Can you astrally project *Snip*

Oriana please be constructive. If you believe you can astrally project then provide evidence to back up your claim. I can provide a lot of scientific evidence showing that the mind is a product of brain chemistry.

Now making false claims about abilities is against the forum rules, so I see no problem in asking you to back up a claim.

Edited by Lady_Anvilabeel
Updating quote

Now making false claims about abilities is against the forum rules, so I see no problem in asking you to back up a claim.

The topic of this thread is titled 'What happens when we die', lets get the discussion back to a more civil one please without the snide remarks which have been removed. And Matt how about leaving the moderating to the moderators. Thanks :tu:

• 2 weeks later...
The topic of this thread is titled 'What happens when we die', lets get the discussion back to a more civil one please without the snide remarks which have been removed. And Matt how about leaving the moderating to the moderators. Thanks :tu:

Yes, I agree.

I used to be a member of the now-ruined MyTelekinesis, and in that one year of time, I wrote a document proposing a theory of an Afterlife. This is what I have left of it:

" Note: Yes, this article is unbearably long, but I find that reading it is relatively a breeze.

Many people in this very world are skeptical of the existence of an afterlife. I used to be one of those people, but I have found scientific evidence to support the claim that there is, in fact, an afterlife.

--------------------Here it goes---------------------

Over 14 billion years ago, the Big Bang took place and that event is what sparked the beginning of the universe (I'm sure you, the reader, does know about the Big Bang). It created everything we know today, ranging from us humans to the stars and beyond.

So, theoretically, we are made up of the same material as stars, right? Yes.

You want more evidence regarding the matter that we are made up of stars? Well, here you have it. It starts out with the question, “How was the Earth created?” Well, about 4 to 5 billion years ago, in our Milky Way galaxy, an immense clump of gas from a raging nebula (an interstellar cloud of dust and gas often springing from dying stars) collapsed under its own gravity to form the Sun. Not long after, our beloved planet Earth went through this excruciating process. It started off as very hot gas, converted to molten lava, and finally became a bulky cluster of metal within the Sun’s gravitational field.

After a while the newly formed Earth cooled down and water was formed by mixing hydrogen (the most common element in the universe) with oxygen (from Earth's new atmosphere) under specific circumstances. The first single-celled object was formed, then the first multi-celled one, and everything evolved over time. We are all made up of the same things as stars.

After stars 'physically' die out, their photons still live on, existing forever. Are you starting to get it? If that phenomenon happens with stars, why wouldn't it happen with us? After all, we are made from the same 'stuff' as stars.

When we humans physically die, our spirit/soul/consciousness/suchlike you'd like to call it lives on, existing without our bodies. Let's come to think of our bodies as containers for our spirits.

When we die, do we exist being made up of photons, as stars do? I myself am not sure, but I have proof that points towards YES. You've heard of ghosts before, haven't you? Paranormal investigators spot them with mechanical instruments that detect electromagnetic signals (cue 'electromagnetic'). Photons cause electromagnetic occurrences to happen, so spirits from deceased bodies must be made from photons, and we cannot see them because of the higher frequency of the photon. Frequency relates to the electromagnetic spectrum (the puzzle pieces are all being put together!).

Also, many people who have reported Near-Death-Experiences (NDEs) often experience seeing "a body of light" in some way. That must be a spirit, and the subject experiencing the NDE sees it because he/she is “transferred to the ‘higher, spiritual realm’,” where “you’re able to see photons with a greater frequency”. The body of light SHOULD be made up of photons.

Wait...Why would the spirit be made up of photons? Why not bananas? Why not just plain atoms? That is where the aura comes in. In case you do not know, the aura is an electromagnetic field of energy that emits light, and that is around everything on earth. You cannot see it with your eyes in the physical plane because of the higher frequency. Can't you see what I am saying?

The aura has the same components of the spirit, and it contains the spirit. It also contains the astral/etheric body (a major part of the spirit) which can be seen by “clairvoyants” during an Out-of-Body-Experience (OOBE). If you think about it, auras are major proof of a 'spirit'. Go figure.

Also, listen to this! Tests done in Japan and America clearly show that the body weighs a tad lighter (about 21 grams lighter) right after somebody dies. This must be caused by the ‘spirit’ of the body, but it is now believed to occur due to decay of a specific material in the body when dying – Carbon-14. In reality, we may never know…

That has been a theory of the existence of an afterlife. If you by any chance disagree with my writing, please ask me questions, tell me what you think, and I will try to make something up of it. I would love to hear your "debative" comments. Thank you!"

:)

Yes, I agree.

I used to be a member of the now-ruined MyTelekinesis, and in that one year of time, I wrote a document proposing a theory of an Afterlife. This is what I have left of it:

" Note: Yes, this article is unbearably long, but I find that reading it is relatively a breeze.

Many people in this very world are skeptical of the existence of an afterlife. I used to be one of those people, but I have found scientific evidence to support the claim that there is, in fact, an afterlife.

--------------------Here it goes---------------------

Over 14 billion years ago, the Big Bang took place and that event is what sparked the beginning of the universe (I'm sure you, the reader, does know about the Big Bang). It created everything we know today, ranging from us humans to the stars and beyond.

So, theoretically, we are made up of the same material as stars, right? Yes.

You want more evidence regarding the matter that we are made up of stars? Well, here you have it. It starts out with the question, “How was the Earth

created?” Well, about 4 to 5 billion years ago, in our Milky Way galaxy, an immense clump of gas from a raging nebula (an interstellar cloud of dust and gas often springing from dying stars) collapsed under its own gravity to form the Sun. Not long after, our beloved planet Earth went through this excruciating process. It started off as very hot gas, converted to molten lava, and finally became a bulky cluster of metal within the Sun’s gravitational field.

After a while the newly formed Earth cooled down and water was formed by mixing hydrogen (the most common element in the universe) with oxygen (from Earth's new atmosphere) under specific circumstances. The first single-celled object was formed, then the first multi-celled one, and everything evolved over time. We are all made up of the same things as stars.

After stars 'physically' die out, their photons still live on, existing forever. Are you starting to get it? If that phenomenon happens with stars, why wouldn't it happen with us? After all, we are made from the same 'stuff' as stars.

When we humans physically die, our spirit/soul/consciousness/suchlike you'd like to call it lives on, existing without our bodies. Let's come to think of our bodies as containers for our spirits.

When we die, do we exist being made up of photons, as stars do? I myself am not sure, but I have proof that points towards YES. You've heard of ghosts before, haven't you? Paranormal investigators spot them with mechanical instruments that detect electromagnetic signals (cue 'electromagnetic'). Photons cause electromagnetic occurrences to happen, so spirits from deceased bodies must be made from photons, and we cannot see them because of the higher frequency of the photon. Frequency relates to the electromagnetic spectrum (the puzzle pieces are all being put together!).

Also, many people who have reported Near-Death-Experiences (NDEs) often experience seeing "a body of light" in some way. That must be a spirit, and the subject experiencing the NDE sees it because he/she is “transferred to the ‘higher, spiritual realm’,” where “you’re able to see photons with a greater frequency”. The body of light SHOULD be made up of photons.

Wait...Why would the spirit be made up of photons? Why not bananas? Why not just plain atoms? That is where the aura comes in. In case you do not know, the aura is an electromagnetic field of energy that emits light, and that is around everything on earth. You cannot see it with your eyes in the physical plane because of the higher frequency. Can't you see what I am saying?

The aura has the same components of the spirit, and it contains the spirit. It also contains the astral/etheric body (a major part of the spirit) which can be seen by “clairvoyants” during an Out-of-Body-Experience (OOBE). If you think about it, auras are major proof of a 'spirit'. Go figure.

Also, listen to this! Tests done in Japan and America clearly show that the body weighs a tad lighter (about 21 grams lighter) right after somebody dies. This must be caused by the ‘spirit’ of the body, but it is now believed to occur due to decay of a specific material in the body when dying – Carbon-14. In reality, we may never know…

That has been a theory of the existence of an afterlife. If you by any chance disagree with my writing, please ask me questions, tell me what you think, and I will try to make something up of it. I would love to hear your "debative" comments. Thank you!"

:)

that, my friend is one if the best speeches of an after life I've ever seen .., I'm saving it to by computer and making a desktop of it. LOL care to pm me your name I would put it on the document.. Gr8 :D

Yes, I agree.

Me too. I wrote about intuition.

Me too. I wrote about intuition.

Oh.... So that was you....

I reckon when we die it's just that; nothing more. Just like sleeping without any dreams. You're gone but don't know. All the near death experiences I think are linked to the shutdown of the brain due to lack of oxygen et cetera.

@Elwynn:

Photons are the quantised form of light (see the duality of light). They travel at 300000000 metres per second in a vacuum and due to this, when we look at extreme distances we are in fact seeing the past as the 'updated' light has not yet arrived. The only photons we emit are in the infrared spectrum due to heat, as do animals and hot objects. We see each other due to light bouncing off us and into the eye of the observer. That's why if we are in a dark room we cannot see each other; as we do not emit visible light. It is true that light mediates the electromagnetic force, but these are known as virtual photons which only exist for a short period of time. The law of conservation of mass shows that nothing cannot be created or destroyed; only changed. Therefore everything technically exists forever, in one form or another.

Edited by TheResearcher

I was just thinking of something the other day. When we are born there are people standing around our bed watching us come into this world. Some people claim that when they die or when they are on their deathbed, they see deceased relatives standing aroung their bed. I just thought that was a weird coincidence.

My perspective of life and death has changed since studying the formula E=MC^2 and then applying the law of conservation of energy.