Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reporters Say Baghdad too Dangerous

Atheist God

It wasn't too long ago that a "well respected reporter" refered to a .22 caliber pistol as a "Pretty powerful handgun". Come on, these guys are trained to find stories, not to evaluate warzones! Hell, half of these trusted reporters would poop their trousers if they had to walk alone down MY street at night. Put them in L.A. after dark and they'd see demons coming out of trash cans! How can we truly trust their opinions of an enviroment that they are not trained/educated to evaluate? Would you trust my opinion of a ship? I should hope not, I'm not "that" kind of "pilot". You like your dentist? Would you trust him to fly a plane? Would you want me to drill one of your teeth? If I did drill ou tooth, would you want me, you or a reporter to discribe the sensations?

Many journalists who are in Iraq have been in other war zones and have some knowledge of how things are supposed to work. They may not be generals or soldiers but they do have something called experience. Many journalists in Iraq were in the first Gulf War, Serbia, Panama, Africa etc... They are no strangers to war zones and this previous experience gives them a unique perspective . Let's not forget about the locals as well who are willing to talk to journalists if you talk to them or enough of them it allows you to gain insight into how they view things as well allowing you to form an opinion that's most likely more accurate then not.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Atheist God

• The Silver Thong

• ninjadude

Many journalists who are in Iraq have been in other war zones and have some knowledge of how things are supposed to work. They may not be generals or soldiers but they do have something called experience. Many journalists in Iraq were in the first Gulf War, Serbia, Panama, Africa etc... They are no strangers to war zones and this previous experience gives them a unique perspective . Let's not forget about the locals as well who are willing to talk to journalists if you talk to them or enough of them it allows you to gain insight into how they view things as well allowing you to form an opinion that's most likely more accurate then not.

Yeah, they would talk to a couple of jihadist and then the report say, " Most Iraqis are p*** off with the soldier and wants them out!"

Yeah, they would talk to a couple of jihadist and then the report say, " Most Iraqis are p*** off with the soldier and wants them out!"

You know if your just going to troll don't post at all, either be constructive or go away.