Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy befriends 4.8-metre-long python

UM-Bot

Whatever. You don't know that. The parents are idiots. Good grief. The fact that some of you are defending them is sad & scary in itself.

and you don't know for a fact that they AREN'T watching. Hmm, let's see, cameras about, villagers gathering.... makes you wonder WHO'S WATCHING..

What's really sad and scary is the fact that so called educated individuals are passing judgement and labeling these parents without actually KNOWING a damned thing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• CANDIDPETS

• Sporkling

• Jewels1958

I hope the snake eats the kid. Then I can say Toooooooold you so. Until that happens, I have no comment on the subject.

:innocent:

and you don't know for a fact that they AREN'T watching. Hmm, let's see, cameras about, villagers gathering.... makes you wonder WHO'S WATCHING..

What's really sad and scary is the fact that so called educated individuals are passing judgement and labeling these parents without actually KNOWING a damned thing.

Any parent that would let there child around a dangerous animal, supervised or not, needs to have their children taken away. Its real easy to say no problem until the child dies. Would you let your small child play with a huge python that could easily kill her?Go ahead risk your child's life. Not very smart though. I sure as heck wouldn't let my 7 year old near one and I used to have a pyhton.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

I hope the snake eats the kid. Then I can say Toooooooold you so. Until that happens, I have no comment on the subject.

:innocent:

This is dangerous and highly irresponsible, from an animal rights perspective!

There is a danger, that the Kid might actually eat the snake. He looks like he's suffering for acute malnutrition.

The parents are looney's!! That snake may be dangerous and harmful.

Aww! Isn't that sweet? :wub: Sorta like Gentle Ben . . . only . . . not :blink:

Seriously, I don't know the people or reptile involved, so I'm not going to judge them. It does sound to me, though, like a very dangerous pet to allow your child to play with. Even if it's true that the python would never turn on the child (and it may be true) the potential for her to accidentally kill him is there.

Why is this considered strange news? I know lots of people that have snakes.

Did you see the size? Did you see the little kid? Are you being obtuse on purpose?

Wonder how long it is before the kid takes the snake to bed and its the last we hear of the boy.

Any parent that would let there child around a dangerous animal, supervised or not, needs to have their children taken away. Its real easy to say no problem until the child dies. Would you let your small child play with a huge python that could easily kill her?Go ahead risk your child's life. Not very smart though. I sure as heck wouldn't let my 7 year old near one and I used to have a pyhton.

You ever consider the fact that this sort of feeling is what has created the race of sickly/weaklings that the humans are now. The animal kingdom is based on survival of the fittest, that is what makes a healthy viable species. But no humans come along and coddle themselves, so now we have diseases running rampant and it gets worse every year. ;)

Edited by Jewels1958

This is dangerous and highly irresponsible, from an animal rights perspective!

There is a danger, that the Kid might actually eat the snake. He looks like he's suffering for acute malnutrition.

LOL! my thoughts exactly.

Edit: that snake may be dangerous by nature, but its obvious the parents are confortable with the idea of it being around. It is bizarre due to the fact that this snake has been around this child since infancy, and from what we can see, this child is now roughly 5-7 years old. If you think about it, so far so good.

Edited by WatchingMother

You ever consider the fact that this sort of feeling is what has created the race of sickly/weaklings that the humans are now. The animal kingdom is based on survival of the fittest, that is what makes a healthy viable species. But no humans come along and coddle themselves, so now we have diseases running rampant and it gets worse every year. ;)

That is an idiotic statement. I guess you don't have children. So we should throw the our kids to lions and the ones who make it get to survive. This is pitiful. :angry:

LOL! my thoughts exactly.

Edit: that snake may be dangerous by nature, but its obvious the parents are confortable with the idea of it being around. It is bizarre due to the fact that this snake has been around this child since infancy, and from what we can see, this child is now roughly 5-7 years old. If you think about it, so far so good.

So far so good. Just like kids around pitbulls. So far so good until the pitbull rips off their faces? This is how parents lack of being watchfull end up killin their children.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

I totally agree with you, Eric. Animals are unpredictable and no young child should ever be left unsupervised with one. In this case I wouldn't allow it near my child period. It's like playing Russian roulette with your childs life.

Animals are unpredictable and no young child should ever be left unsupervised with one.

Exactly what was on my mind. ALL animals are unpredictable, I don't care if it's the family parakeet. It's just like living life, the chances we take, an irresponsible one, but a chance none the less. I personally wouldn't put my child in a gerbil ball, but then again, I wouldn't roll dice with my child's life either.

If it was my snake, I would have named her Lassie, the name would have been fitting.

unless the snake is starved or sick the boy will be fine.
The very fact this friggin SNAKE is hanging around this kid should be a clue that this animal is behaving strangely. Why? Maybe it is SICK???

What I find much more disturbing is those people who want to have others' children taken away b/c they do not agree with their legal and reasonable choices.
"Reasonable choice"? What is frustrating here is this story made the news only because it is so bizarre. When the snake eats the kid, that will be normal and we'll never hear about it so there will be nothing to throw back in your face for calling this a "reasonable decision". And who cares if it is "legal"? There are plenty of backwards-ass nations where it is still legal to stone a woman to death for kissing her boyfriend!

I wouldn't have a snake that size in my house with my small children around, but that's my own choice.
The perfect Libertarian! Go ahead and kill your kids! Nobody has the right to tell you that you can't let 500 pound wild boars with foot-long tusks run around your babies crib at night! Myself, I wouldn't personally do that, but there is nothing wrong with the reasonable choice to leave your babies to the whims of wild boars.

Give me a break.....

Nature always knows best.

Humans are here because all of our stupid ancestors got eaten up. This is the reason I believe everyone shouldn’t be allowed to have children. If we stop holding the hands of the stupid then our entire human race may eventually get somewhere one day. But as long as we continue to make dumb laws like “Buckle up”, “No Smoking”, arresting Meth druggies and the like we are doomed to genocidal retention.

Any moron knows that you shouldn’t even leave a child alone with a pet dog let alone Reptid with a primitive 200 million year old mind.

Then again, now that I am finished playing Devil’s Advocate, there was once a time we humans did have the ability to bond with all animals. I say the boy should be tested with how he deals with other animals as well.

Edited by Saitung

That is an idiotic statement. I guess you don't have children. So we should throw the our kids to lions and the ones who make it get to survive. This is pitiful. :angry:

Actually I have a wonderful 29 year old daughter and 3 grandkids. You apparently don't understand (or perhaps learned) about survival of the fittest and how it makes a species strong. I kid you not when I say look at the human race now days, sure we have cures or vaccines for a lot of diseases of the past, but new and nastier ones come along more and more every day. Ask a Dr. about the germs becoming increasingly resistant to antibiotics, etc. We race around keeping our kids as clean as possible and then wonder why they catch every little cold and sickness that they come in contact with. We have to come in contact with germs to build up resistances. Better a little cold and sniffles now, than pneumonia down the road, but that would be inconvenient to us working parents.

And as for animals, children, etc. that is nature and how the world works, but we are above that right? We don't have to conform to the laws of the universe because we are better, we are human. BS, maybe that is why there are new interesting ways to die every day, the universe will have it's way after all. In any case I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

Actually I have a wonderful 29 year old daughter and 3 grandkids. You apparently don't understand (or perhaps learned) about survival of the fittest and how it makes a species strong. I kid you not when I say look at the human race now days, sure we have cures or vaccines for a lot of diseases of the past, but new and nastier ones come along more and more every day. Ask a Dr. about the germs becoming increasingly resistant to antibiotics, etc. We race around keeping our kids as clean as possible and then wonder why they catch every little cold and sickness that they come in contact with. We have to come in contact with germs to build up resistances. Better a little cold and sniffles now, than pneumonia down the road, but that would be inconvenient to us working parents.

And as for animals, children, etc. that is nature and how the world works, but we are above that right? We don't have to conform to the laws of the universe because we are better, we are human. BS, maybe that is why there are new interesting ways to die every day, the universe will have it's way after all. In any case I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

I tell you what. You can put your children with dangerous animals. I will pass. I used to be a nurse and your little comparison to sickness is just silly. By the way, I am better than a animal so is my children and every other human. I would never leave young children around you. Survival of the fittest and such. How would you fare? I think not to well.

This'll be funny if it turns into one of those "Free Willy" cases and the snake grows up and poachers try to catch it and it avoids capture thanks to the little boy and a huge adventure happens throughout. It becomes an award winning movie with stars like Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino as the poachers, and Will Smith as the boys father. hahaahaha

Really. Then kill the dang snake. Don't let your kid play on it. Geesh.

you make me sick, people like you is the reason why so many animals have almost gone extinct

KIILL KILL KILL is your most rational choice, I am so disgusted !

Edited by cateyes221981

The fact that some of you are defending them is sad & scary in itself.

Your solution to the problem is what is most scary though

Back to the OT I agree that having a snake that size around a child isnt a good idea. But unlike ERic the ignorant ignorant skeptic, I dont think MURDER is the solution :no: