Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We're back !

Saru

I didn't realize the site was down grin2.gif

I don't visit as often as I used to, but regardless, great job Gareth on bringing it back online, and with your own dedicated server thumbsup.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sabretooth

• Saru

• Lionel

• Seraphina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank God your back!.

If it had gone any longer, I may had to start conversations with other people.

original.gif

WOOT!!!! *dances around the room bouncing off all the walls* YAY!! I was suffering from UM withdrawl. thumbsup.gif

I hadn't been here very long at all when the site went down. So I had heaps of catching up to do and then WHAM! No site!

It's great to see you back in business! grin2.gifthumbsup.gif

Thank god...i was acctually studying for my midterms...and i got mad...and i drew on a piece of paper a picture of this forum...i typed nothin g for a day straight...

Am I the only one that notices all the ads at the top of the screen?!

*...rubs eyes with both hands....*

Welcome Back Dudes & Dudettes

Nope, I noticed them tooooooooo!! See? Done with taste.

I'm VERY pleased to see the forum back up after 4 days of absense. And I'm further pleased that you now have your own server to dabble w/ as you please. I'm curious why your previous server provider just annexed your account like they did. Are you planning a lawsuit against them for breach of contract?

NANCY! Tell me you are back for good, along with this wonderfully fast new and improved server!

Thank God you are back up and running...I nearly bored myself to death...

Shhh-don't tell anyone, but I actually studied...I never do that...

grin2.gif .. This is a party!!

I Can't believe that its finally back .. Woooo Hooo!! cool.gif

I was stuck doing nothing .. hehe

Welcome back every one thumbsup.gif

Fantastic to see the site back up....and its so slick and speedy now. thumbsup.gif

Phantom...its Fab to see you again. I hope you Stay!! wub.gifwink2.gif

I'm curious why your previous server provider just annexed your account like they did. Are you planning a lawsuit against them for breach of contract?

Apparantly the host was quite within it's right to terminate the account, mainly because in their terms and conditions which i have to agree to when joining with them, there is something about their right to shut down a site if it's using too much server resources.

Unlike the dedicated server the site is on now, with our previous host we were in a shared hosting environment, with maybe 20-30 sites all allocated a standard amount of bandwidth and disk space on the same server. When a site bogs down the server, all the other sites on the server slow down aswell. In this case however, having been running for 6 months on this host, there was no indication that this site was using excessive resources. The fact that they chose 2am in the morning to close the account, when the traffic would have been at its lowest, adds to the mystery. I don't believe for one minute that after 6 months of running with no problems, we were receiving 'excessive traffic' at 2am in the morning to the extent that our account had to be terminated.

Equally as irritating is the lack of warning i was given, if they'd told me a week earlier that i needed to find a new host, there wouldn't have been any downtime. If I had been a reseller, i would have lost paying customers over this. Leaving me waiting 10 hours for an explanation was also very poor on their part.

I'm not too pleased with them to say the least.

Fooh, I waited like for ages for the return of this site!! tongue.giflaugh.gif

Double Yippies!! bounce.gifbounce.gifclap.gif

THANK GOODNESS!!!

I was about to admit myself into UM Rehab!!! I was having bad withdrawls!!! wacko.gif

Great job Saruman!! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Being UMless is something nobody should have to experience in life. grin2.gif

Thanks for keeping us updated of your progress as the site was down. You guys definitely deserve the title of "Excellent Webmasters". This site is great, keep up the good work! thumbsup.gif

I'd give ya guys bishie cookies... but I don't think the pretty boys fly too well here... *Nibbles on an elf shaped cookie as she yawns and reaches for her coffee* And here I was afraid I'd have to work on my own websites.... Horrible thought that is... My poor neglected Neopets and fanfics.... Oh well.. more intrest here

Keep up the great work *G*

Thankyou for your hard work SaRuMaN.I missed this site so much as I have come to really enjoy it. grin2.gif

The fact that they chose 2am in the morning to close the account, when the traffic would have been at its lowest, adds to the mystery.

That’s the reason they choose the unexplained-mysteries website, to add to our already growing number of unexplained mysteries.