Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

who here has removed a demon

CANDIDPETS

Ghosts giving you the blues? Here's a few tips I've gathered to help you rid your home of a malevolent ghost...

http://www.ghosttraveller.com/tipsandtricks.htm

(This doesn't exorcise them, it gets rid of negativite energy and keeps it away from you, - It's called protecting yourself.

Neem tree is believed to provide protection against ghosts. Persons returning from cremation ground burn Neem Leaf to keep the ghosts away. In Maharashtra, Gujarat and Haryana, neem leaves are placed in the room of the new-born baby and mother to ward off evil. People who visit them enter the room after washing their feet with water containing neem leaves. When a new house is built, its door is decorated with mango and neem leaves to ward off ghosts. In ancient Tamil Nadu, doors of the houses of soldiers were decorated with neem branches at night, to ward off ghosts. Even today, people believe that if neem wood is used for door and window frames, it keeps the evil away. Neem fruits, along with mustard seeds and carrots are used to protect children from evil forces. (India)

Burn juniper to dispel negative spirits (Native American)

Put fennel seeds in your keyholes (if you have keyholes...) and chant:

Thyme and Fennel

a pair great in power,

The wise Lord, holy in heaven,

Wrought these herbs

while he hung on the cross;

He placed and put them

in the seven worlds

To aid all, poor and rich.

Burn frankincense on Thursdays (Arabic)

Burn bay leaves (Greece)

Hang verbena in the doorways (Italy)

Burn juniper and rosemary (Celtic)

Use of Food

In Italy, to rid the home of illness causing bad spirits, "Lemuri" and "Larvi", the head of the household would wake in the middle of the night, and walk around barefoot with his mouth full of black Fava beans. He would then pluck one by one the beans from his mouth and toss them over his shoulder as he walked through the house, beating a copper vase. The spirits were supposed to then stoop to gather the beans, then leave the house.

Throw something granular like rice or beans on your kitchen floor at night (Irish, Native American)

Leave a mason jar of corn or wheat in the corner of your room. (Southern US, African)

If you suspect a spirit is present in your home, you should leave out some salted bread and milk

String Hazelnuts in your doorways

Miscellaneous

When you go to bed at night, set out the shoes that you'll wear the next day. Place them at the foot of your bed, on the floor, with one shoe pointing one way, and the other shoe pointing the other way.

Hang a vial or small jar of sand in your window. (Native American)

Paint your front door red (Irish)

Scoop a spoonful of dirt from the path that leads to the main entrance to your house, and throw that dirt into a graveyard

Scrub your porch steps with urine each morning (Southern US)

Sprinkle holy water or salt that has been blessed by a priest around your home

Edited by Electra Rain

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Electra Rain

• NoahJaymes

• AngelXVI

Enjay is going for the clean sweep. I already had it around midnight with the last post on every topic.

omg...please do not take what "Dr". Dave Oester has to say to heart...dude is a fraud

I tend to disagree, no offence, but I have other info that backs this up, I've been researching such subjects as the paranormal, spirituality, the mind (psychologly), for a long time, not days but years.....Every subject on this board, is connected, not peoples opinions the info, it's like a large puzzle (enigma) that one needs to put together to get the whole picture. I believe its the fobidden fruit of knowledge, :o but that's my opinion.... I guess I'm a bit of a geek :geek: , who highly believes in angel's :innocent: who I believe travel here in UFO's :alien: and one of the Devil's :devil: (fallen angels, bad apples, mankind) greatest tricks is making us believe that God does not exist..... That's my theory! I grew up a member of the baptist (Angelic Church - Angelic = Angels, I have Wicca roots inherted from my gandmother , (Got to protect myself from nasty astro slime, and keep myself healthy, and for a year I was a member of the Catholic church. I'm a very spirtual person, who uses the talents God gave me to better myself and my family, I love to socialize and I'm on this board to expand my horizons.

"The truth which makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear."

— Herbert Sebastian Agar

Find Time to Listen.

The Gods do not speak,

To thoes who have,

No time to listen

Edited by Electra Rain

why do I feel like wicca is being rammed down my throat.

All religion is the same that way. And if you tell them to stop they are being persecuted. You can't win.

All religion is the same that way. And if you tell them to stop they are being persecuted. You can't win.

I don't really mind it in a thread where it is pertinent to the conversation, or relavent to the topic. Demons have alot of historical religious background. I don't want to hear about religion in threads where it is not necessary to the point.

Then the simplest, and most respectful, thing to do is to direct anyone you think is expanding on their beliefs rather than posting on topic to the Spirituality and Beliefs forum where people are encouraged to post about their beliefs without skepticism being directed at them. It's far more poilte than indirect commenting or posting irrelevancies as a 'thread-jacking' ploy (I'm not suggesting you were attempting to thread-jack fylgja).

Electra,

Thank you for the information about Wicca and your particular beliefs surrounding it. I realise you were only responding to posts in doing so, but this forum is for discussing Ghosts etc whereas the Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs forum is for posting about your beliefs. I hope you don't take this as criticising, a lot of new members confuse the forums for a while until they find their feet. Personally, I've found what you have to say interesting, even though religion isn't really my cup of tea.

Regards,

Leo.

Edited by Leonardo

Then the simplest, and most respectful, thing to do is to direct anyone you think is expanding on their beliefs rather than posting on topic to the Spirituality and Beliefs forum where people are encouraged to post about their beliefs without skepticism being directed at them. It's far more poilte than indirect commenting or posting irrelevancies as a 'thread-jacking' ploy (I'm not suggesting you were attempting to thread-jack fylgja).

Good, 'cause I wouldn't jack a thread I didn't know. :P

Exorcism of Ghosts by Dr. Dave Oester

Let us consider why a spirit may remain in this earth plane as a malevolent spirit. Consider a person who allowed his vices to rule his life. This person succumbs to the baser instincts in life and relies upon his need to feel good by outside stimulation. His spirit is debased and resides in the lowest levels of the spirit world upon his death. That spirit has not evolved into a higher life form but has retained the level it was at death. It seeks to find victims exhibiting negative energy fields upon which it can feed. This is the traditional emotional vampire that sucks the emotional energies until the victim is emotionally dry and than abandons them for someone else.

Who are the victims of these malevolent spirits? The victims are those who are filled with unresolved emotions, such as animosity, malice, bitterness, anger, hatred or resentment that festers in the deep dark recesses of the mind. These intense emotions are attracting the negative energy malevolent spirits. The negative emotions may be a result of divorce, bankruptcy, marital conflicts, domestic family problems, employment problems or any kind of stress. Perhaps this internal conflict is from bitter memories of childhood or a traumatic event in one's life that has not been fully resolved. This is not a common occurrence.

What is a regular prankster spirit? If we come to understand that the pranks initiated by the spirits of the dead are often a call for acknowledgment, a call for help or perhaps it is simply a joke they are playing on the living. The most common ghostly pranks that scare people are as follows:

Footsteps in the hallway or attic.

Low voices.

Muffled voices.

Objects vanishing.

Objects being moved.

Dark shadows on the wall.

Appliances being turned on and off.

Lights turned on or off at will.

Strange odors.

Dogs & cats acting weird.

Your name being called.

Impression someone is watching.

Footprints appearing.

Strong negative emotions felt.

In all of the above, the ghost may simply be having some fun to see how we will deal with it. Some folks will move out of the home, others will become paranoid and a few will laugh about the prank. The only time that I would consider unhealthy for a ghost to pull pranks in a home is if small child(ren) are being frightened. I would ask the spirit not to scare the child or children in a firm voice, strong but not overbearing. Talking to a spirit is very helpful in resolving issues that the living want addressed.

The prankster spirit has issues that it needs to address, earth linked emotions that it must release so it can move to a higher level of the spirit kingdom. Banishing these spirits will not help them on a spiritual level, we should work with them to resolve the issues or aid them in resolution of unfinished business so they are free of the anchors that tie them to this realm. We need to be concerned about their spiritual welfare, not simply our own fears of the unknown. However, there is another kind of spirit who is not seeking for help or for resolution of issues, but is simple a low-level malevolent spirit that takes pleasure in hurting others.

A malevolent spirit is a spirit with destructive behavior patterns that will harm a member or members of a household. Once the member is attacked by this malevolent sprit, the member seeks the name of a good priest who will conduct an exorcism or they will contact the IGHS. I will respond and suggest that it will do no good to hold an exorcism, instead we must treat the cause, not the issue. I believe in cause and effect and the cause is not the malevolent spirit causing negative activity, but the reasons that the spirit is drawn to that victim. The cause stems from the negative energy being broadcasted by the individual because of deep emotional issues that are not resolved.

Resolution does not come by applying myths of the Middle Ages that represent outside changes or events, but to turn inside for changes that will negate the negative energies being broadcasted by the person. Very often, the person will not know that he or she is transmitting negative emotions because the transmitter is buried deep inside scare tissue. Sadly, victims expect bells and whistles when they call upon someone to do an exorcism but in reality, the truth is plane and is ignored my most because it appears to be too simple to work.

Each of us acts as a beacon, sending forth emotional energy that can be positive or negative. Malevolent spirits who feed on negative emotions soon arrive to "stir the pot" and bring it to a boil. If we want to heal, we must forgive and forget and move on. We must forgive those who have hurt us and move past the pain to find emotional harmony. Forgiveness is the first step and letting go of the inner negative emotions is required for healing our inner being and turning off the beacon.

The key to removing annoying spirits is to remove the negative emotions buried deep within us. We must not keep these destructive emotions buried, but let them go. The solution is within us and only we can change how we feel or how we react with others. We need to let go of emotional baggage and get on with life. We hurt no one except ourselves with destructive emotional baggage. Remember the adage that says, "As a man thinkest, so he is."

We carry within us the forgiveness key that will unlock the catacomb that protects our emotional monsters. We do not want emotional monsters locked away in our minds because they will beckon to the low-level malevolent spirits who feed on this negative emotions. If we heal ourselves, we can get rid of those pesky ghosts.

Well wrote... I have to agree with you... Positive mind, love and happiness are the best weapons for negative energies....

Electra,

Thank you for the information about Wicca and your particular beliefs surrounding it. I realise you were only responding to posts in doing so, but this forum is for discussing Ghosts etc whereas the Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs forum is for posting about your beliefs. I hope you don't take this as criticising, a lot of new members confuse the forums for a while until they find their feet. Personally, I've found what you have to say interesting, even though religion isn't really my cup of tea.

Regards,

Leo.

Thank you Leonardo, but I truly beleve this is the right place for what I posted, considering it was info on negatitive energy (Violent ghost) and ways to ward them off, this is after all a 'Remove a Demon' thread, there was nothing about spiritualty in the info I posted, and once again, Wicca is not a set religion unless you are in a coven, I do not belong to any coven and so that makes me a mystic or a spiritualist just like everyone else. May I remind everyone that steotyping is not very nice, :no:

Appreciate the reply, Electra. Having reread what you posted I can see that perhaps I, and others, were mistaken. I can certainly see no attempt to 'ram Wicca down anyone's throat' in there, I offer my apologies for misunderstanding.

Maybe people were simply upset because your beliefs are different to their own and perhaps it is, in part, down to not joining in their banter which seems to be turning this forum into a chat room rather than a discussion forum.

If I used you, mistakenly, as an example to address others then I was wrong.

Appreciate the reply, Electra. Having reread what you posted I can see that perhaps I, and others, were mistaken. I can certainly see no attempt to 'ram Wicca down anyone's throat' in there, I offer my apologies for misunderstanding.

Maybe people were simply upset because your beliefs are different to their own and perhaps it is, in part, down to not joining in their banter which seems to be turning this forum into a chat room rather than a discussion forum.

If I used you, mistakenly, as an example to address others then I was wrong.

You're apologie has been accepted Leonardo, and thank you for the respect and understanding.....

Well wrote... I have to agree with you... Positive mind, love and happiness are the best weapons for negative energies....

Thank you Angel,

How Spirts Try to Contact us?

Patrick Wanis

Patrick Wanis is an international speaker, certified hypnotherapist and stage hypnotis with degrees in communcation and human behavour. Visit him on the word wide web at www.patrickwanis.com

Spirirs and Ghost;

Before trying to contact the other side, it is important to realize that spirits are already trying to contact us. Your inner stare and consciousness, thoughts, feelings, beliefs and attitudes - will determine your experience. If you cultivate love, harmony and peace, your experience will be postitive and empowering.

Intuition/Inspiration Thought;

It's believed that all spirits communicate by thought. Intuition often comes in the form of a feeling or as a thought. This is often referred to as inspirational thought. The word 'inspire' is similar to the words 'in spirit' and so we often say, "I was inspired to do such and such." Many creative and visionary people who paint, write, draw or invent often refer to inspiration. The primary reason they recieve this inspired information is because they are open to it.

Dreams;

Spirits may also contact us in our dreams. In the Bible. God told King Nebuchadnezzar - through a dream about a statue - what would happen to nebuchadnezzar's kingdom. Subsequently, God gave Daniel the power to interpret that dream. Dreams are also gateways to receive messages from the other side. Dreaming of a loved one we have lost can be extremely powerful and uplifting, because we know the person we love is close by, still within our reach, and still available to us.

However, there is an important distinction to make here. In the case of a psychological dream, our subconscious mind is trying to resolve the grief of loss. We dream about that person with no resolution, and we awake feeling sad, depressed, empty and incomplete - still grieving.

In the case of a dream where the spirit of our loved one actually makes contact with us from the other side, we awake feeling that the connection has been deepened. We feel whole and good about ourselves. There is a sense of being set free.

Angels;

The word Angel comes from the greek word angelos which means messengers. Angels are messengers from God. Even if you have never had a visit from an Angel, they are all around us, contacting us in many different ways. It's believed that we all have a guardian angel by our side who speak to us through spirit guides. So there is truly much more to our world than meets the eye.

Voices:

A person or two who claims to hear voices or spends too much time talking to him/herself is not a schizophrentic, nor do they claim that they commited major crimes and atrocities because they heard a voice in their head. Spirits that communicate to us via voice do so primarily in three ways;

Direct Voice - A voice that more or one person can hear.

Electronic Voice - Voices that appear on recorded audiotape.

Internal Spoken Voice: Actual voices and sounds within our heads.

Physcial Manifestations;

Transifigurations; through a mediums features.

Apports; objects are materialized

Apparitions; a slightly transparent body that can move through solid matter.

Psychic or Spirit Photography; Although not visible to the human eye when the photo was taken.

Chills or Goose Bumps: Suddenly feeling chills or goosebumps, or a sudden drop in temperature.

Electricity and lights: Appliances being turned off and on or the appearances of luminous objects. Spirits are regarded as energy, so it makes sense that the most obvious way they will make contact is via electricity and lights.

Ouija Boards:

Ouija boards are one of the most controversial methods of communicating with other side because anyone can use it, many psychics discourage it. Since many believe the answers come from the subconscious mind of one or all the participants. Some believe that the very act of using the board may invite malevolent spirits. Most mediums agree that if your intentions is pure and you surround yourself with love before beginning, you will attract only good spirits. If you're in doubt about the intentions of an entities, it is recommended to ask the spirit if it is from the light - if it isn't, it will leave instantly. Ouija Boards also known as "psychic talking boards' 'Witch Boards' or 'Talking Boards' can also help you to tap into dormant powers of your higher self and recieve guidance from the other side.

Other Tools/Methods of Contact are:

Tarot Cards,

Meditation,

Seances,

Astral Travel,

Dowsing Rods,

Pendulums,

Crystal Balls,

Rune Stones,

Edited by Electra Rain

Ok I have tried to read through this whole thread but it is just way too long. There has been a lot of "drama" because of this thread and I have read through enough of it to see a few things that fall to my dislike. First off, remember words are words if someone did not dictate a meaning to them at one time or another they would not have a meaning. For example I saw words like a warlock being thrown around loosely and people arguing over the true meaning of the word. In all honesty you are never going to know the true meaning of the word unless you lived in the time period when the word was FIRST used.

Also, I'm going to make this general and not point any fingers at anyone one individual but do not EVER tell someone their personal beliefs are wrong. About 90% of individuals in this thread seem to be guilty of it weather the meant to or not. We must understand that in all honesty we all know absolutely nothing. Unless we have experienced something we do not have a knowledge of it. Even so we will never have any true insight into someone else's mind if we try to draw connections from our mind to theres. I have attached a brief philosophical essay that I wrote on this, the document is just called philo as it needs a name to be put up. It is not totally finished but I believe it has great relevance to this thread here and yes, it is all my words. Those of you who are opinionated know who you are and I ask you to be a bit more open and never bash anyone or tell them that they are wrong. You can be the smartest person on the planet and you still honestly know absolutely nothing to be honest.

Another misconception that I will point out as an example is Satanism, this did not exist until the Catholic Church created it. It's a neat bit of information for those of you interested in studying this. They created cults ages ago so they would be able to persicute certain individuals of certain groups. After years and years of being told lies of who they are and that they are evil, they started to believe this. Do I believe in God and do I believe there is a Satan and he is evil? Yes, that's my personal opinion and I'm not saying I'm right. But if there is a God and Satan we cannot even begin to imagine what they are truly like at times because we just do not know. Again that is my belief. To get back on track to defend Wiccan's a bit is that they are not all evil and they are not all what we would call a witch. It's another huge misconception that I hope does not turn into another Satanism because of it's members starting to believe everything they are called. This is how evil starts, you see this all the time in school. If someone is told they are stupid over and over...well then they are stupid, maybe they weren't to begin with but they believe it so they become it. If you want to disagree with someone and say a priest has no power or a Wiccan has no power, go ahead but do not flat out tell them that they are wrong. I honestly like to believe everyone is right and if we put bits and pieces of everything together we will be closer to the ultimate truth.

I have used this parable here before but I will say it again because it holds great weight to this thread. Buddha took 5 blind men and showed them an elephant by bringing their hand to a part of it and saying "that's an elephant." He put ones hand on it's trunk, and another on it's tail, foot, ect. So each of them only felt part of it and Buddha asked each one, one by one what an elephant is. They all had completely different answers so they thought each one was lying and they started fighting and killing each other saying that they lied to Buddha. When in fact each one was correct, and if you put together what each person said, you would have your elephant. I'm going to copy paste part of a historical document that Saint Thomas Aquinas wrote that I have been examining for one of my classes. It uses logic to prove the existence of God and I think it is universal to all religions. If you're having trouble understanding the document I have attached another paper of me explaining it a bit better and drawing some conclusions. So, let me know what you think about my philosophical document I wrote and what you think about all this.

The Rationalism of St. Thomas Aquinas

"Now though the aforesaid truth of the Christian faith surpasses the ability of human reason, nevertheless those things which are naturally instilled in human reason cannot be opposed to this truth. For it is clear that those things which are implanted in reason by nature, are most true, so much so that it is impossible to think them to be false. Nor is it lawful to deem false that which is held by faith, since it is so evidently confirmed by God. Seeing then that the false alone is opposed to the true, as evidently appears if we examine their definitions, it is impossible for the aforesaid truth of faith to be contrary to those principles which reason knows naturally.

Again. The same thing which the disciple's mind receives from its teacher is contained in the knowledge of the teacher, unless he teach insincerely, which it were wicked to say of God. Now the knowledge of naturally known principles is instilled into us by God, since God Himself is the author of our nature. Therefore the divine Wisdom also contains these principles. Consequently whatever is contrary to these principles, is contrary to the divine Wisdom; wherefore it cannot be from God. Therefore those things which are received by faith from divine revelation cannot be contrary to our natural knowledge.

OF GOD

Having shown then that it is not futile to endeavour to prove the existence of God, we may proceed to set forth the reasons whereby both philosophers and Catholic doctors have proved that there is a God. In the first place we shall give the arguments by which Aristotle sets out to prove God's existence: and he aims at proving this from the point of view of movement, in two ways.

The first way is as follows. Whatever is in motion is moved by another: and it is clear to the sense that something, the sun for instance, is in motion. Therefore it is set in motion by something else moving it. Now that which moves it is itself either moved or not. If it be not moved, then the point is proved that we must needs postulate an immovable mover, and this we call God. If, however, it be moved, it is moved by another mover. Either, therefore, we must proceed to infinity, or we must come to an immovable mover. But it is not possible to proceed to infinity. Therefore it is necessary to postulate an immovable mover. . . .

The Philosopher proceeds in a different way in 2 Metaph. to show that it is impossible to proceed to infinity in efficient causes, and that we must come to one first cause, and this we call God. This is how he proceeds. In all efficient causes following in order, the first is the cause of the intermediate cause, and the intermediate is the cause of the ultimate, whether the intermediate be one or several. Now if the cause be removed, that which it causes is removed. Therefore if we remove the first the intermediate cannot be a cause. But if we go on to infinity in efficient causes, no cause will be first. Therefore all the others which are intermediate will be removed. Now this is clearly false. Therefore we must suppose the existence of a first efficient cause: and this is God.

Another argument in support of this conclusion is adduced by Damascene from the government of things: and the same reasoning is indicated by the Commentator in 2 Phys. It runs as follows. It is impossible for contrary and discordant things to accord in one order always or frequently except by someone's governance, whereby each and all are made to tend to a definite end. Now we see that in the world things of different natures accord in one order, not seldom and fortuitously, but always or for the most part. Therefore it follows that there is someone by whose providence the world is governed. And this we call God."

From St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra Gentiles, trans. by the English Dominican Fathers, Vol I. Copyright 1924 by Burns, Oates and Washbourne Ltd. Reprinted by permission of Burns & Oates Ltd and Benzinger Brothers.

One last thing I forgot to touch base on which is probably the most important aspect of religion. And this is hermeneutics, it is others interpretation of the religious texts. Hermeneutics is by far the most important aspect of trying to understand any religion.

Great post Amroth, especially loved the Buddha analogy. Thanks for that.

Yes, thank you Amroth,

I've touched on a few subjects of Buddist, and even though it's a bit complexed to read, it tends to enlighten one's soul. I call it deep thinking, no wonder so many philosphers, Writers, and poets reference or study buddist writing....