Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush lies - says no one told him Iran halted

Lt_Ripley

Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2007 10:38 EST

Bush on Iran: I didn't know about halt to weapons program (but it doesn't matter)

At a White House press conference this morning, George W. Bush was asked whether his administration's saber rattling on Iran -- undercut by a new National Intelligence Estimate that says Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 -- would further damage U.S. credibility in the world.

His answer: "Actually, I am -- you know, I want to compliment the intelligence community for their good work."

Bush said there's no risk to U.S. credibility abroad because everyone knows -- or ought to -- that Iran is dangerous regardless whether it has a nuclear weapons program now. He also said that the new NIE is proof that intelligence reforms enacted after the Iraq war began are working.

"People say, 'Why is that you can't get exact knowledge quicker?'" Bush said. "The answer is, we're dealing with a regime that is, uh, not very transparent."

He's right about that part.

As the Washington Post reported this morning, National Security Advisor Stephen Hadley said Monday that Bush was told in August or September that the U.S. intelligence community was analyzing evidence that Iran had halted its weapons program. Asked why he and his administration continued to escalate their rhetoric even after he got that warning, Bush said today that Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell had told him only, "'We have some new information.' He didn't tell me what the information was. He did tell me it was going to take a while to analyze."

Didn't anybody say, "Maybe you want to back it down a little bit"? "No," Bush said. "I've never -- nobody ever told me that."

OK, but now that he knows, the president is going to ratchet down the rhetoric, right? Wrong. "I have said Iran is dangerous," Bush said. "The NIE doesn't do anything to change my opinion."

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/200...iran/index.html

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• The Silver Thong

• Unlimited

• AROCES

he's pure evil...he wants to cleanse them and steal their oil so bad he's making up lies..he knows Irans no threat..

he's pure evil...he wants to cleanse them and steal their oil so bad he's making up lies..he knows Irans no threat..

Nope, Bush was not lying for Iran had a Nuke program after all and they did stop it.

We just found out now that it has been halted, the fact is they had a nuke program.

so who lied now?

Edited by AROCES

Nope, Bush was not lying for Iran had a Nuke program after all and they did stop it.

We just found out now that it has been halted, the fact is they had a nuke program.

so who lied now?

But wait. We need an excuse to go to War right?

I mean, that is the goal right?

Edited by Bob26003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_program_of_Iran

The Iranian nuclear program was launched in the 1950s with the help of the United States as part of the Atoms for Peace program.[1] After the Iranian Revolution in 1979, the government temporarily disbanded the program, and then revived it with less Western assistance than during the pre-revolution era. Iran's current effort includes several research sites, a uranium mine, a nuclear reactor, and uranium processing facilities that include a uranium enrichment plant. The Iranian government asserts that the program's goal is to develop nuclear power plants, and that it plans to use them to generate 6,000 MW of electricity by 2010.[2] The U.S. and some other nations' officials allege the program covers an attempt to acquire nuclear weapons. As of November 15, 2007, however, the IAEA has seen "no concrete information" that this is the case.[3] Iran's officials have also categorically denied the accusations and insist that they will maintain their right to peaceful nuclear technology.[4][5] The November 2007 US National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) judges that "in fall 2003, Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program" due to increasing international scrutiny and that it remained halted as of mid-2007. The estimate further judges that US intelligence does not know whether Iran "intends to develop nuclear weapons", but that Iran would be unlikely to achieve nuclear weapons "capability before 2013 because of foreseeable technical and programmatic problems". [6]

==========

Jeeze, they "supposedly" halted the program in 03, and Bush just now finds out?

yeeeeeeah right :lol:

Jeeze, they "supposedly" halted the program in 03, and Bush just now finds out?

yeeeeeeah right :lol:

That's why the accusation is shifting from Iranian plans to develop nuclear weapons to Iranian knowledge about how so to do. On that basis, they can continue to argue in favour of an attack on Iran, or anyone else that has resources America deems it's entitled to, or that would help it isolate China.

That's why the accusation is shifting from Iranian plans to develop nuclear weapons to Iranian knowledge about how so to do. On that basis, they can continue to argue in favour of an attack on Iran, or anyone else that has resources America deems it's entitled to, or that would help it isolate China.

bush will find a way to make you feel like your in danger...that's what he does...he's isolated now and people are watching him...

that Bush was told in August or September that the U.S. intelligence community was analyzing evidence that Iran had halted its weapons program.

huh?

your article and your heading don't gel

Bush was told that US intelligence might have evidence that suggests iran has halted its program

how does that suddenly turn into, Bush was told they had halted their program?

jesus, even when you guys end up 'right', you still have to lie about it

Lt. Ripley and Bob,

Do either of you believe Iran is dangerous to the world. If you do...what would you do with the situation if were you President of the USA.

Lt. Ripley and Bob,

Do either of you believe Iran is dangerous to the world. If you do...what would you do with the situation if were you President of the USA.

let me chime in...why is Iran dangerous to the world? who's starting preemptive wars here?...If I was the US president i'd try to make peace with them...

let me chime in...why is Iran dangerous to the world? who's starting preemptive wars here?...If I was the US president i'd try to make peace with them...

Iran is dangerous because they seek the destruction of the West and have said so. They seek the destruction of Israel and have said so. They seek Nuclear Weapons and have said they haven't.

We aren't speaking about the People living in Iran...but about the Government in Iran. Do you make peace with a rattlesnake Unlimited? How does one do that? How would you make peace with someone who refers to you as The Great Satan and who has called for you destruction for decades? Please explain HOW you would make peace with them.

Iran is dangerous because they seek the destruction of the West and have said so. They seek the destruction of Israel and have said so. They seek Nuclear Weapons and have said they haven't.

We aren't speaking about the People living in Iran...but about the Government in Iran. Do you make peace with a rattlesnake Unlimited? How does one do that? How would you make peace with someone who refers to you as The Great Satan and who has called for you destruction for decades? Please explain HOW you would make peace with them.

Have you heard the axis of evil speeches?..do you think labeling them on a list of target countrys made them friendlier?...the people of Iran want change...what did they do to become the axis of evil?...this maniac bush is the evil one...

Have you heard the axis of evil speeches?..do you think labeling them on a list of target countrys made them friendlier?...the people of Iran want change...what did they do to become the axis of evil?...this maniac bush is the evil one...

I didn't ask about Bush's policies. You chimed in! What would YOUR policy be towards Iran if you were President? How would YOU make peace with them?

I didn't ask about Bush's policies. You chimed in! What would YOUR policy be towards Iran if you were President? How would YOU make peace with them?

how? first I'd stop threatening them every day...second i'd set up talks with them ...third i'd drop the sanctions they only hurt poor people..then i'd expect them to comply with all treaty's which they are!...If they stepped out of line i'd beat their asses...

how? first I'd stop threatening them every day...second i'd set up talks with them ...third i'd drop the sanctions they only hurt poor people..then i'd expect them to comply with all treaty's which they are!...If they stepped out of line i'd beat their asses...

...and so the hypocrisy of your thought process shines through...thank you for sharing.

I see no need to have to make peace with Iran. But we certainly can't attack them now. Especially since this would have been proven to be another attack based upon faulty intel.

I see no need to have to make peace with Iran. But we certainly can't attack them now. Especially since this would have been proven to be another attack based upon faulty intel.

Can we all just remember that Sadaam sent all of his planes to Iran during the Kuwait War? Why is it so hard to conceptualize that maybe the Intel was correct about WMD and that they are now in Iran?

I agree.

Joc: God only knows. Israeli could be attacked by Iran. And they still won't believe.

Can we all just remember that Sadaam sent all of his planes to Iran during the Kuwait War? Why is it so hard to conceptualize that maybe the Intel was correct about WMD and that they are now in Iran?

Maybe the intel is correct ? So it really doesn't matter that the c.i.a. says Iran has no nuclear weapons program, but if faulty intel says they do that would be ok ? The u.s. can not afford another war plain and simple, Iran is a Bush agenda not an American one.

I agree.

Joc: God only knows. Israeli could be attacked by Iran. And they still won't believe.

Oh please :rolleyes: Iran is not going to attack anyone. It's not the Modus operandi of Iran. Lets not go over the top here, if Israel were to be attacked we would all know about it. I wouldn't jump the gun and say Iran did the attacking, but a false flag attack on Israel would be just up Bush's alley. Opps now I jumped the gun DOH.

I agree.

when has Iran attacked anyone..unless attacked first?

Oh please :rolleyes: Iran is not going to attack anyone. It's not the Modus operandi of Iran. Lets not go over the top here, if Israel were to be attacked we would all know about it. I wouldn't jump the gun and say Iran did the attacking, but a false flag attack on Israel would be just up Bush's alley. Opps now I jumped the gun DOH.

What if they do?

And when I said "they still won't believe." I wasn't talking about you guys. I was talking the extreme left people. The people who deny.

when has Iran attacked anyone..unless attacked first?

I didn't say they did. It was future sense.

What if they do?

And when I said "they still won't believe." I wasn't talking about you guys. I was talking the extreme left people. The people who deny.

I didn't say they did. It was future sense.

Thats the thing one can't go to war with the justification of "what if" Iran does not have a history of pre-emptive attacks. Who is extreme left ? Me ? Ya right.