Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Blown Ghost Hunters Episode

JackalnChainz

For some curious reason today I watched a thing on the travel channel something like 'bigfootville' or some strange name like that. Anyway, it was the usual tiny speck too far off for their cameras to focus in on, but hey at least they tried... right?

Anyway, right after that show was some sort of ghost hunting show and I was all set to watch it, but the clips they showed was of their 'team' running and squealing at every noise... maybe it was just their gratuitous lead in, but I changed the channel.

Once upon a time, Noah said that his ghost hunting team should go towards whatever is coming, not run from it. Okay those weren't his exact words, but you get the gist. Anyhow, I agree with that thought. How can you gather data if you run from the source, plus squealing and running is so unprofessional...

I think keeping a movie, show or documentary that acts dignified and maintains a serious attitude always helps to forward a growing 'yet to be accepted science' like the paranormal. Science could be the wrong word...

:mellow:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JackalnChainz

• NoahJaymes

• Regency

• emberlake

For some curious reason today I watched a thing on the travel channel something like 'bigfootville' or some strange name like that. Anyway, it was the usual tiny speck too far off for their cameras to focus in on, but hey at least they tried... right?

Anyway, right after that show was some sort of ghost hunting show and I was all set to watch it, but the clips they showed was of their 'team' running and squealing at every noise... maybe it was just their gratuitous lead in, but I changed the channel.

Once upon a time, Noah said that his ghost hunting team should go towards whatever is coming, not run from it. Okay those weren't his exact words, but you get the gist. Anyhow, I agree with that thought. How can you gather data if you run from the source, plus squealing and running is so unprofessional...

I think keeping a movie, show or documentary that acts dignified and maintains a serious attitude always helps to forward a growing 'yet to be accepted science' like the paranormal. Science could be the wrong word...

:mellow:

Incidentaly D...Bigfootvile is a little town called Hanobia, just a few miles from me. Lots of bigfoot sightings in this vast region over the years.

I agree with your synopsis. I was replying to a post of a similar nature recently, and I told them I used to do this alone. I crawled into dark attics of abandoned homes, out in the country, miles from another neighbor, all by myself. Huge old homes. Have I ever left a house running? YOU BET I HAVE! lol. But that doesn't mean I didn't go right back. Finally I put a team together and that never happened again. We were armed police officers too, and we didn't find any dishonor in backing up and regrouping. In the paranormal field, things happen with very little or no warning. Your instincts kick in automatically and you go into survival mode...which tells you to RUN! RUN! RUN like the wind! It really takes an enormous amount of self control to overcome these normal instinctual reactions. And that only comes with practice. Just my two cents. Interesting post.

lol, dang you remember from that long ago?

Of course... It's a curse of old age... long time memory sharp as a tack... short term memory is sharp as a melting ice cube..... :D

I can hit the showers...wash up...then I think, "did I wash my hair" even though its' the first thing I do...so I wind up doing it again. lol. Now thats bad short term memory!

Incidentaly D...Bigfootvile is a little town called Hanobia, just a few miles from me. Lots of bigfoot sightings in this vast region over the years.

I agree with your synopsis. I was replying to a post of a similar nature recently, and I told them I used to do this alone. I crawled into dark attics of abandoned homes, out in the country, miles from another neighbor, all by myself. Huge old homes. Have I ever left a house running? YOU BET I HAVE! lol. But that doesn't mean I didn't go right back. Finally I put a team together and that never happened again. We were armed police officers too, and we didn't find any dishonor in backing up and regrouping. In the paranormal field, things happen with very little or no warning. Your instincts kick in automatically and you go into survival mode...which tells you to RUN! RUN! RUN like the wind! It really takes an enormous amount of self control to overcome these normal instinctual reactions. And that only comes with practice. Just my two cents. Interesting post.

Now isn't that a curious coincidence? I never heard of bigfootville before the travel channel show. Did you ever go out Big Foot hunting? I haven't decided if Big Foot hunting is really a good idea. Although, I would like to know if they do exist and if they are ape, human or semi-human...

You really ghost hunted by yourself? :o I wouldn't do that even on a bet...

not even for monster money for a reality show...oops sorry, that was tacky of me.

At the first sound of a building settling or a wind moaning, My imagination would have my instincts screaming 'Get ta He** out of Dodge'

It's safer for me to stick with my armchair research and just ponder on the curious stuff that happens on my own turf...

There really is a certain extra security in being a part of a team. It's just a good idea to have back up.

Backing up and regrouping is the only way to go in some situations. I agree with it 100%.

:D

Now isn't that a curious coincidence? I never heard of bigfootville before the travel channel show. Did you ever go out Big Foot hunting? I haven't decided if Big Foot hunting is really a good idea. Although, I would like to know if they do exist and if they are ape, human or semi-human...

You really ghost hunted by yourself? :o I wouldn't do that even on a bet...

not even for monster money for a reality show...oops sorry, that was tacky of me.

At the first sound of a building settling or a wind moaning, My imagination would have my instincts screaming 'Get ta He** out of Dodge'

It's safer for me to stick with my armchair research and just ponder on the curious stuff that happens on my own turf...

There really is a certain extra security in being a part of a team. It's just a good idea to have back up.

Backing up and regrouping is the only way to go in some situations. I agree with it 100%.

:D

As a matter of fact, I am gearing up now and collecting all the relative data I need for a short expedition this spring after storm season (I'm a storm tracker here in Oklahoma). My son and a couple of friends will be joining me on a few nights in the mountains where he is seen so often. He throws rocks, ya know? lol.

It is much less frightening going in. When you get there, it is still the light of day. But as you progress through the house, the sun sets, the flashlight comes on, a couple of hours pass. Then, just as you are about to give up....something moves. Come to think of it, I remember walking in many a house, but I don't remember walking out of too many. I usually left at least with a swift gate. And I always tried to park close. I didn't relish the thought of being caught out in the open, mangled, and some wild animal blamed for what got me. lol.

Of course we are dealing with the paranormal. There is a distinct sound a hand gun makes when it is swiftly drawn from a holster. Multiply that by eight, and it was a pretty secure feeling. But we all knew in our minds that drawing our guns was only a placebo. We would have been better off with SuperSoakers filled with holy water. lol.

I wonder why it is that the scientific community, the folks who publish procedures and findings in the peer-reviewed journals, don't take these programs and investigations seriously?

I wonder...

The ghost hunters who do a proper investigation instead of the hilarious ghost entertainment shows have yet to turn up anything decent, decent enough to make the scientific community and the wider world take serious note.

agreed. AND...there is another offshoot affiliated with GH but I can't remember the name...like Extreme or something.

paranormal state? is that it? should be airing real soon....

randomhit10

paranormal state? is that it? should be airing real soon....

randomhit10

That aired tonight, and personally I thought it was very good. They are very professional even tho they are young, they really communicate with the family throughout the entire investigation, and they dont leave until the problems are resolved. I loved the fact there were no screams, no drama or personal issues among the team, and I also liked the way they have others they call in if the situation calls for it. JN

That aired tonight, and personally I thought it was very good. They are very professional even tho they are young, they really communicate with the family throughout the entire investigation, and they dont leave until the problems are resolved. I loved the fact there were no screams, no drama or personal issues among the team, and I also liked the way they have others they call in if the situation calls for it. JN

I saw they had Adam Blai on the show. I've spoken with him a few times. He has a lot of knowledge about different things. He's a demonologist who works with the Catholic Church. He's also a psychology professor at Penn State. John Zaffis was his mentor. He has a website for those curious about things. WWW.RELIGIOUSDEMONOLOGY.COM

I saw they had Adam Blai on the show. I've spoken with him a few times. He has a lot of knowledge about different things. He's a demonologist who works with the Catholic Church. He's also a psychology professor at Penn State. John Zaffis was his mentor. He has a website for those curious about things. WWW.RELIGIOUSDEMONOLOGY.COM

Yes I saw him, and I like John Zaffis too, and have spoken to him on the phone a few times and online. I use Dave Considine, but there are times John and Dave have worked together on cases. They all work under the orders of the Catholic Church and I think they have to be pretty amazing people to do that kind of work day in and day out and remain sane, but somehow they seem to balance it all out..JN

I wonder why it is that the scientific community, the folks who publish procedures and findings in the peer-reviewed journals, don't take these programs and investigations seriously?

I wonder...

The ghost hunters who do a proper investigation instead of the hilarious ghost entertainment shows have yet to turn up anything decent, decent enough to make the scientific community and the wider world take serious note.

you just answered your own question...

when your main aim is entertainment, it casts a shadow of doubt over the validity...

What would be the point of a ghost TV Show that didn't have a ghost on it? Surely then the pressure would be on to...you know...throw a fake one in here and there...

then it comes down to what YOU would like to watch, a TV show that is exciting yet shows fake ghosts, or a properly researched document that could prove something is real...but is far less exciting?

As I just posted in another thread, investigation of the paranormal is a complete waste of time, as there is no amount of definetive evidence that will sway the beliefs of a sceptic, until the paranormal happens to them. It is very apparent that GH is trying to find resonable explanations for why a particular place is NOT haunted, rather than addressing the real issue....how do they get rid of it. That's what clients want to know. That is where they need help.

As I just posted in another thread, investigation of the paranormal is a complete waste of time, as there is no amount of definetive evidence that will sway the beliefs of a sceptic, until the paranormal happens to them. It is very apparent that GH is trying to find resonable explanations for why a particular place is NOT haunted, rather than addressing the real issue....how do they get rid of it. That's what clients want to know. That is where they need help.

Hi Jackal, I totally agree. GH is out to debunk and while even tho they have personal experiences, hear and see things IF its not recorded, then nothing paranormal took place. This team took a great deal of time with the families, LISTENING, then researching the properties even the deaths on the land or close by. You are right, that is good old fashioned Ghost Hunting at its best. They didnt depend on EVP's or photos, but basically went in knowing a little history and after talking to family had a pretty good idea what might be there. I was surprised at the Demonic following that lead investigator around, or even that they brought up the subject, and with that I say, its about time!! It was wonderful to see both families have their issues resolved before the show was over..JN

Hi Jackal, I totally agree. GH is out to debunk and while even tho they have personal experiences, hear and see things IF its not recorded, then nothing paranormal took place. This team took a great deal of time with the families, LISTENING, then researching the properties even the deaths on the land or close by. You are right, that is good old fashioned Ghost Hunting at its best. They didnt depend on EVP's or photos, but basically went in knowing a little history and after talking to family had a pretty good idea what might be there. I was surprised at the Demonic following that lead investigator around, or even that they brought up the subject, and with that I say, its about time!! It was wonderful to see both families have their issues resolved before the show was over..JN

I couldn't agree more, and those were my thoughts as well when I realized the attention to the demonic involved in the show. I found it much closer to reality. If my home was haunted or under the influence, would I want to call a team that comes in and measures emf and takes evp and tells me they will get back with me and tell me if its a haunting or not? Not hardly...I already KNOW the place is haunted. I would want someone to come in and address the issue head on. I found the show right on and refreshing.

Edited by JackalnChainz