Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal State

Princess Serenity

Understood. Ghost Hunters has such a short season that I'm getting my spook fix anywhere I can.

Yeah I know what you mean. It's a shame that they're so short but at least the time between seasons isn't TOO bad. Their spin off, Ghost Hunters International is pretty dern good too if I may say so. It's cool to see Brian and Andy back.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• Pluto-x

• Radian

• Princess Serenity

Yeah I know what you mean. It's a shame that they're so short but at least the time between seasons isn't TOO bad. Their spin off, Ghost Hunters International is pretty dern good too if I may say so. It's cool to see Brian and Andy back.

I am in complete agreement. I think Donna is hot. Grin.

I like the show better than ghost hunters. The upside of hunters is the two main investigators are much older and logical.

I like the show better than ghost hunters. The upside of hunters is the two main investigators are much older and logical.

There isn't a bit of logic in PS. It might as well be pure fiction.

There isn't a bit of logic in PS. It might as well be pure fiction.

Don't sugarcoat it. Tell us what you really think.

A lot of people are talking about how they like Paranormal State because the people care about their clients and about helping them. Not to sound mean but honestly, I could care less about the clients being helped if provoking and angering whatever haunts them will produce evidence. I watch the show to see eivdence of paranormal activity, not a soap on people's lives. Ghost Hunters is all about producing evidence. TAPS wants to help people and say it all the time, but they don't dedicate their airtime to it. The show documents the main investigation. Ghost Hunters, in my opinion has found some very thought provoking things, and to me they are a very credible source. If Paranormal State were to find the same things, I would take it with a grain of salt.

I can definatly understand though, if you are a paranormal investigator, or have had your beliefs confirmed; you would care less of evidence and more about helping the client. For me still though, I need evidence!

Ghost Hunters is the only paranormal show IMO, that when something is found, can be trusted.

Understood. Ghost Hunters has such a short season that I'm getting my spook fix anywhere I can.

I would imagine that they have such short seasons because many of the investigations they do, produce no evidence. This itself adds to their credibility.

Oh joy, another two episodes of Paranormal State just aired and not suprisingly, it is all the same. Supernatural claims by delinquent christian tennage parents living with their own parents who desperatly try to find purpose in their lives by interpreting the ramblings of an attention seeking two year old into paranormal delusions.

PRE then goes in and accepts all of their claims as fact and acts as if they have solved some long since mystery by spending 10 minutes sitting in a circle with candles and then saying a prayer. The family is then never bothered again.

Is this not every episode?

I missed the episodes. Because I fell asleep around 9. I decided not to watch it anyhow.

I missed the episodes. Because I fell asleep around 9. I decided not to watch it anyhow.

You didn't miss anything. Each episode is a remake of the last.

I watched PS for the first time last night. It was, IMO a bit "fluffy" and not much substance. They didn't seem interested in investigating ulterior motives for what people were experiencing. I was sorely disappointed. <_<

I also just loooooove how at the end of each case they follow up with the "clients" and no further activity has happened since.

Actually , the odd part of last nights episode was they said , when they did the follow up , they said the occupants DID report seeing the lady a few more times . And I wouldnt say that the group is not legit , its the way that A&E produces the show . They show what they want to , not everything that actually happens . But , the way A&E does it is HORRIBLE .

Actually , the odd part of last nights episode was they said , when they did the follow up , they said the occupants DID report seeing the lady a few more times . And I wouldnt say that the group is not legit , its the way that A&E produces the show . They show what they want to , not everything that actually happens . But , the way A&E does it is HORRIBLE .

But lets be realistic . the bits they put in must be the best bits . NO producers are gonna use the worst bits are they . so what we are seeing is the best which IMO isnt all that good ;)

the bits they put in must be the best bits . NO producers are gonna use the worst bits are they

Well I do agree with that . no arguments here ! I was actually replying to the way that the producers leave out the rest of the investigation .

When the show first started advertising, I couldn't wait thought it was going to be WOW great. Interesting..

but now, after many episodes.. I find myself turning the channel halfway thru every single one of their shows.. I feel let down, and lose interest. Dunno.

This show is so lame. I am very dissapointed too. Over-dramatized, big-time.

This show is so lame. I am very dissapointed too. Over-dramatized, big-time.

I'm going to keep watching anyway. That makes one member of this forum. Anyone else?

Over-dramatized, big-time.

"over- dramatized" that's the word. ^^

I like it anyway. Overdramatized or not.

and it sucks regardless if you like it or not....

geez-

Tough crowd, this lot. Shrug.

It does suck. Sorry. Super bad.

It does suck. Sorry. Super bad.

No worries (he says brightly). My Better Half does not like it either. She finds the voiceovers terribly pretentious. She doesn't watch it with me. Sigh.

I like the show, but I must admit my favorite is Lorraine Warren (www.warrens.net) . I am an ardent admirer of hers. I love it when they bring her in as a consultant.

The show may not be the best, but Lorraine Warren rules!

No worries (he says brightly). My Better Half does not like it either. She finds the voiceovers terribly pretentious. She doesn't watch it with me. Sigh.

I like the show, but I must admit my favorite is Lorraine Warren (www.warrens.net) . I am an ardent admirer of hers. I love it when they bring her in as a consultant.

The show may not be the best, but Lorraine Warren rules!

Oh god, no. Not the Warrens. Most consider them a total fraud. Once again sorry, just my opinion.

Oh god, no. Not the Warrens. Most consider them a total fraud. Once again sorry, just my opinion.

Not me. I'm a Warrenite. I read their book. I suppose we shall have to disagree - again. Oh, well. Disagreements abound here these days. Still, I enjoy the discussion. Just finding someone to talk to -- or disagree with -- on the paranormal can be difficult.