Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal State

Princess Serenity

I'm not being unprofessional or trash talking... I'm talking from a logical & scientific stand point of view. I'm also talking from experience. I'm allowed an opinion, thank you. Thanks for taking my comments out of context. All of my comments towards PRS and Katie's is from a logical and scientific point of view. Nobody knows that place better than LIGHT. We've been working there for over two years. Not once has any of those experiences occurred there in those two years. There's nothing wrong with me saying or questioning that why wouldn't they focus or put a camera in front of those glasses that supposedly moved and shattered on their own? They also neglect to mention the bar is directly in front of the smithtown RR. Its also on a main road with high volume of traffic. which is a VERY good explanation why those glasses could of moved and broke from vibration. The tables in the bar aren't very sturdy at all. How do they know 100% for sure it was the ghost of charlie who moved those glasses IF they indeed moved? That's a BIG IF since it wasn't shown on video. See, my opinion is from a skeptical point of view. I commend and applaud those to be different. By all means. Its not out of bitterness either, again everything I comment about is because we debunked the clients claim long before PRS got there. I also added facts that PRS or TV do not mention like the RR station being behind the bar, or circumstances or position the owner is in. When PRS shut the power down is completely ridiculous because the owner would never jeopardize his machines that run his bar. This is all from 2 years of experience of working there, knowing the bar well and from a scientific / skeptical view.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• Pluto-x

• Radian

• Princess Serenity

Personally, I enjoy Paranormal State. Seems they put their heart and soul into helping people, whether its paranormal or not. They are a young group, and I must say, it is interesting, at least for me. They have some interesting cases, and I respect them for resolving the problem, one way or another, and that to me is what its all about..JMO..JN

The place is called the Willard Asylum.

I also just want to say a few things about PRS. They are NOT a scientific group so their methods are much different than alot of people expect. Their #1 priority is helping their client with whatever the situation might be. I had the opportunity to meet PRS & I spoke to Ryan & Katrina about some of their methods & just because it different doesnt mean its wrong. They spend so many hours on a case so that they can better help the client. Keep in mind also that they have no control over production, they do what they're told. Just like they're also protrayed as being stiff & having no personalities, well thats tv for you. They're all very nice & seemed genuine. If people dont like or agree with the show, then dont watch it. Too many people waste time ragging on a show that they dont care for. Get a life people.

The point is they should call this show fiction and we would not have a problem with it. They are feeding people's fears to make money. Nothing more.

Thanks.

Yeah. They're not a "paranormal group" like most people. They're a different kind.

=/

Yes. The idiotic kind. :P

The point is they should call this show fiction and we would not have a problem with it. They are feeding people's fears to make money. Nothing more.

I love you Eric, but I must disagree. I personally like their approach..With each episode we can see something or hear something, and Chip Coffee is pretty amazing. They help people cope, and they are the only ones on TV that do that. Its better than hearing "As you know, we came here and listened to yours stories, set up our equipment to disprove your accouts" Translation: "We think you are a liar, but we will give it a shot, cause we are on TV and we wont find jack." LOL..XXOOO JN

I love you Eric, but I must disagree. I personally like their approach..With each episode we can see something or hear something, and Chip Coffee is pretty amazing. They help people cope, and they are the only ones on TV that do that. Its better than hearing "As you know, we came here and listened to yours stories, set up our equipment to disprove your accouts" Translation: "We think you are a liar, but we will give it a shot, cause we are on TV and we wont find jack." LOL..XXOOO JN

I have only one thing to say, "BOO YA!"

:D

Uh huh.

Seriously guys. If you don't like the show or them. Then don't bother watching the show. If it bothers you that much.

Personally, I enjoy Paranormal State. Seems they put their heart and soul into helping people, whether its paranormal or not. They are a young group, and I must say, it is interesting, at least for me.

Well, that makes two of us, anyway.

Well, that makes two of us, anyway.

It seems to me, the show is getting more popular. Seems TAPS using their "debunking" method convinced the public how to handle hauntings. Going into an area or home, and constantly using EMF detectors, counting constantly, does NOT bring out spirits, its all part of disproving. I find PRS to be open minded, and discuss the fact their might not be a haunting, then how to help the client, so they cover every area. Their Dead Time is done with respect to the family and the spirits, and have yet see them lower themselves to provoke. Gosh I hope there are more than 2 of us here LOL..JN

It seems to me, the show is getting more popular. Seems TAPS using their "debunking" method convinced the public how to handle hauntings. Going into an area or home, and constantly using EMF detectors, counting constantly, does NOT bring out spirits, its all part of disproving. I find PRS to be open minded, and discuss the fact their might not be a haunting, then how to help the client, so they cover every area. Their Dead Time is done with respect to the family and the spirits, and have yet see them lower themselves to provoke. Gosh I hope there are more than 2 of us here LOL..JN

I hope the show is getting more popular. I wonder if we should have a forum for "Fans of Paranormal State." I get a little tired of always defending the show rather than being able to discuss it with enthusiasm. The detractors can stay where they are and say want they want to. And I still worship Lorraine Warren. Nothing is changing that. GRIN.

I just don't get. The show is so obviously scripted. Its people acting roles. Nothing more. Oh, and demons are everywhere. :sleepy:

I just don't get. The show is so obviously scripted. Its people acting roles. Nothing more. Oh, and demons are everywhere. :sleepy:

BOO YA!! There has only been one or two about Demons and Chip picked up on that. The rest are regular hauntings. Use the darn clicker next time (((HUGS))) JN

I would just like to say I know for a fact it is not scripted. I visited The Knickerbocker Hotel, which was on this past we, and I did have personal experiences there.

However I don not really care for PS myself.

I'm sure it is.

The last episode was a little off. The Peg woman was unstable. There was something wrong with her. If she even knew about the power outage (which is weekly) & took it as a sign of the "evil spirit" leaving. Then why did she believe that and didn't want to hear Ryan's explaination?

-------

I can't wait for this Monday's episode. It looks intense.

How is this show becoming more popular? Their ratings aren't increasing, infact it dipped.

Where did you find this out?

ive seen a few episodes seems kinda off how they seem to get activity almost every episode , seems a little too fake for me.

How is this show becoming more popular? Their ratings aren't increasing, infact it dipped.

Old TV station trick. Anytime a show is failing, they will claim that the ratings are up on it. Then, when people hear that, the will automatically want to watch the show to "see what all the buzz is about". It's not gaining popularity at all, they are just claiming that to try and pull in a few more viewers.

Being that I dabbled briefly in film, I talk to a few people from Variety. One Columnist told me that a second season is on the market but it depends on the finale reviews. She also stated, for the viewers who discredit the show for whatever reason, don't be alarmed if it goes for a couple seasons based on the networking station it is on. "A&E". They have nothing to fill the slot and nothing in the works. The show does bring viewers to the network but not nearly as enough as "The Sopranos" reruns. As long as the network doesn't lose money by showing Paranormal State, unless the group disbands for whatever reason, they will continue to show it.

Lets face it, the paranormal shows are a hot topic the last few years. Without GhostHunters, Paranormal State wouldn't even be on air.

I said before... I am 50/50. I hope it succeeds so that networks give other groups an opportunity to shine. At the same time I hate the show and how they represent the field. A & E's mistake was giving an inexperienced team a show. There are plenty of other well organized and experienced groups around the country that deserve the spotlight and work much harder.

People forget ALL of these shows are on t.v. and made for entertainment. We don't know for sure what is scripted and what isn't. Unless you have investigated a location thats been on t.v. yourself and experienced it yourself then there is a fine line of fiction and non fiction. I have scientific proof and logical explanations to an episode PRS did that is totally inaccurate and false. Its not that I am bashing them or bitter, its about the FACTS and SCIENTIFIC PROOF.

I said before... I am 50/50. I hope it succeeds so that networks give other groups an opportunity to shine. At the same time I hate the show and how they represent the field. A & E's mistake was giving an inexperienced team a show. There are plenty of other well organized and experienced groups around the country that deserve the spotlight and work much harder.

People forget ALL of these shows are on t.v. and made for entertainment. We don't know for sure what is scripted and what isn't. Unless you have investigated a location thats been on t.v. yourself and experienced it yourself then there is a fine line of fiction and non fiction. I have scientific proof and logical explanations to an episode PRS did that is totally inaccurate and false. Its not that I am bashing them or bitter, its about the FACTS and SCIENTIFIC PROOF.

I agree completely. They seem to assume that anything(noise, breeze, feelings) that happen during the investigation are attributed to something paranormal. If the same things had happened at any other time, no one would have thought twice about it.

This show is A&E's attempt at creating a show like Ghost Hunters. However, TAPS has been in the field for a long time, they have the experience, and did not get into PI to create a show, the show was created because they had been in the field for so long and had earned a decent amount of respect.

PRS seems like some people who wanted to be on TV, so got this group together under A&E's direction in order to create a show. That's not the way to create a show like this. I work for a PI team, and would in no way want our team on TV. We do good work, and have a growing reputaion as a good team, but I would want alot more experience in the field before ever even considering putting our team on TV, simply to avoid looking like amateurs in front of the whole world.

Couldn't of said it better myself! LOL

I don't know what its going to take for PRS fans to realize that its a bad show and they should not be taken seriously with how they portray the field. As I said before I investigated a location they had on an episode called Katie's of Smithtown. We worked for Katie's LONG BEFORE any group ever discovered it. We also worked for Katie's for about 2 years straight. Not once did wine glasses or bar glasses move & shatter by themselves. We debunked it by proving it to be another alternative & logical explanations. Such as... the Smithtown RR station being directly behind the bar. There is also a main road in front of the bar with high volume of traffic. The tables inside the bar are also very wobbly due to the type of flooring in the bar. Nobody knows that place better than the owner & our team since we worked there for 2 years. The owner would NEVER ALLOW PRS to shut down the power inside the bar. The owner struggles with financial difficulty to keep proper heating going little alone possibly risk the chance of ruining compressors and ice machines if they are turned off. The noise they heard during their EVP session behind the bar was either the compressor or ice machine pretending it was something paranormal. I had been given the key to the joint. I know the owner & Katie's inside and out. What else annoys me is not only did they act like they discovered Katie's, but the psychic they had was completely lying. The psychic works for Katie's almost weekly for psychic events and affairs. She helps him bring in money and customers. When they interviewed her, of course she's going to know what's haunting the place. She knows the history very well. As do any of the locals. A & E, as well as the owner in my own opinion basically discredited any other group that ever investigated there by giving A & E and PRS all the credit for discovering them. I'm not just talking my team, but others.

I will say it over and over that this is not out of BITTERNESS as much as it looks like it. I repeat myself because these are logical and natural reasons for what goes in that bar. To dismiss it to give a show ratings and make people think its paranormal is just wrong!!!

P.S.

Any good experienced investigator would of places a video camera in front of the moving glasses!? How come it seemed liek they moved and shattered the cameras were never focused directly on it. An experienced investigator would put a video camera in place where ANY PARANORMAL ACTIVITY is occurring to document it. Since they didn't, therefore I have a difference of a opinion that it was done intentionally.

Edited by Pluto-x

Do you think A&E offered the bar owner money to do the show in his bar?