Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal State

Princess Serenity

Who knows... but I am sure he is getting incentives out of it such as more traffic of customers, selling t-shirts or material regarding the bar.

It goes to show you how competitive the field is and what people are willing to do to make money. It gives the field a bad reputation.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• Pluto-x

• Radian

• Princess Serenity

Paranormal State gets two fingers up.....guess what fingers those are!

Boo ya. :P

They're a little green, I'm sure A&E edits the footage for dramatic effect. It's okay for what it is "entertainment".

From the way A&E was doing the commercials I thought this show wasn't going to be good before it aired (I know, easy to say after the fact). It looked to me that A&E just wanted to get a "Ghost Hunters" of their own. I am glad to see that the field of investigation into the unexplained is getting enough interest to warrant a show like this, but I hope that people don't look at this and think that this is what investigating is like.

From the way A&E was doing the commercials I thought this show wasn't going to be good before it aired (I know, easy to say after the fact). It looked to me that A&E just wanted to get a "Ghost Hunters" of their own. I am glad to see that the field of investigation into the unexplained is getting enough interest to warrant a show like this, but I hope that people don't look at this and think that this is what investigating is like.

((((((((((((TRUE))))))))) Wonderful seeing you again my friend. I happen to like Paranormal State..:::runs away:::::JN

((((((((((((TRUE))))))))) Wonderful seeing you again my friend. I happen to like Paranormal State..:::runs away:::::JN

Although I'm sure I would love to be your friend I'm not sure if I'm the person you're thinking of. I just looked over all of the threads I posted in before my hiatus and I don't see you in any of them. Still though you seem to be pretty friendly so I'll be your friend :D

Although I'm sure I would love to be your friend I'm not sure if I'm the person you're thinking of. I just looked over all of the threads I posted in before my hiatus and I don't see you in any of them. Still though you seem to be pretty friendly so I'll be your friend :D

LOL OMG I am so sorry. There was another poster with the identical name who posts off and on. But now that you mention it, I think he changed it to TruBeliever oops..<blonde moment> :su

LOL OMG I am so sorry. There was another poster with the identical name who posts off and on. But now that you mention it, I think he changed it to TruBeliever oops..<blonde moment> :su

No problem. I wish people would exclaim when I got back on, but I'm afraid I don't really make much of an impact.

Pretty meh.

No problem. I wish people would exclaim when I got back on, but I'm afraid I don't really make much of an impact.

Of course you do. Wanna be my friend? :unsure2: JN

I like this show in the same way that I like "Most Haunted" or whatever that other show is called. They're fun to laugh at. . .but, these people just seem to believe that EVERYTHING is demonic. . .That's just annoying. Me and my niece would play "spot the demon" while we watched. . .we just waited during each show for someone to say "It sounds demonic". lol. That later turned into a nice drinking game. . .

My girlfriend and I are addicted to this show :)

The episode with the pychic girl was a "season finale." I can't wait for the next season. I hope it's soon.

AllP0werToSlaves: Cool. :thumb: I'm addicted too.

That's why I made this thread. And this has to be the longest lasting thread ever!

Edited by MoonPrincess

I watched 1 full episode and thought the show was awful. Since then, I've tried to watch several episodes because I figured maybe it would get better. No such luck. Ryan annoys me to no end. I just want to beat him with a shoe sometimes... The shoe of justice.

i hated this show from the first episode....they were doing dead time and someone saw a ghost looking at them from down the stairs,,and instead of getting the cameras over to the the stairs to try and catch it,ryan calls the guy away from the stairs and says it was a demon trying to trick them,,that set me off to no end.it made no sence,if you trying to talk to a spirit and it shows up to the party why not fking talk to it,try and work some sh** out,,not after asking it to talk to you decide its trying to trick you and warn everyone to stay away and not get hard core evidence that something was infact there...i called bull then and i call bull now i just cant sit threw the show ive tried more then once.

I must have missed the good episodes. Because every episode I've seen, they only just hear things. The whole hour is just : " Did you hear that ? I think I heard something, Guys, I don't think we're alone out here "

The preview looked good. I hope it's like the TAPS show with real evadance.

the taps thing soem is fake they even admitted it tho pharanormal state is awsome!!

Don't get your hopes up for a second season as of yet.

I can & I will.

I'll keep checking the Penn State Board. XP For info about a second season.

the taps thing soem is fake they even admitted it tho pharanormal state is awsome!!

Your kidding me right??? You think TAPS is fake, and PS is legit?? This show was full of bull from the beginning! Every little noise they hear, every little shadow, every little thing they smell, they not only attribute to being paranormal, but they claim it all as demonic half the time!!! I know demonologists who specialize in excorsisms and have spent most of their lives chasing demons under order of the Vatican, and still have only claimed to have seen 1 or 2 real demons. Yet, this group of ammature kids seems to hook up with a demon in at least every other episode, and not only that, but have to knowledge and experience to excorsize them!! Anyone in the paranormal field knows, ONLY an expert should even consider doing something like that. This show is nothing more than a group of kids trying to copy the popularity of TAPS, and trying to make it more dramatic by taking everything to the extreme. TAPS is the only legitimate PI show on TV. They have brought a whole new interest into the field since they have been on TV, and have brought legitimacy to PI groups around the world by their techniques. PS is only hurting the field with their ammaturity.

For the record...TAPS NEVER ADMITTED TO PRODUCING FAKE EVIDENCE. They have had cases where people "try to pull a fast one," but they catch it every time. Such as the Queen Mary with the sheets moving and the camera paused.

I am in total agreement with 667, Paranormal State is a crock of amateur wanna be, "Gettin big" in Taps wake. Only reason they have a show is because of TAPS. TAPS made what ghost hunting is today. They made it possible for groups to be welcomed in the community. All it takes is one group to p*** on the parade, and Paranormal State is drenching the scene with Grade A Urine.

I can & I will.

I'll keep checking the Penn State Board. XP For info about a second season.

Second season confirmed.

yeah, I agree with 667. Like I said before, EVERYTHING'S gotta be a demon. . .and how could anyone think that ghost hunters is fake and think that PS is real? The only thing paranormal state is good for is laughing at. . .and I honestly can't believe they got a second season. . . They don't DO anything. They get no evidence. They just yell "demon" at every turn. . .Ugh. . .It makes me made to think they even got a show in the first place. . .and I agree with Cry Wolf 100%. . .its shows like paranormal state that totally ruin it for legit people like TAPS. It makes me nauseus to even think about it. . .*runs to bathroom*