Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal State

Princess Serenity

Keep watching it gets worse.

I'll be honest and no offense to the PS fans, but this dude, Ryan, or whatever, he makes me think of a duck.. he's almost cross eyed..

and i cant' tolerate him speaking thru that mic ... it's almost revolting.

Edited by Shankpin

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• Pluto-x

• Radian

• Princess Serenity

The field needs to receive much more credibility and shows such as PRS is not helping us get respect. TAPS is a more respectable organization because of their experience and knowledge. They've been around long before Sci Fi picked them up. So far TAPS is the only show that represents what we do properly. They aren't perfect, but close enough to my standards.

You are exactly right about that.

I'll be honest and no offense to the PS fans, but this dude, Ryan, or whatever, he makes me think of a duck.. he's almost cross eyed..

and i cant' tolerate him speaking thru that mic ... it's almost revolting.

You forgot his bucktooth bigeared sidekick sergy. Whats worse he has the last warrne and Chip onn the show. Heck PS makes MostHaunted look good.

Oh come on. Don't you want to watch anothe season of PS telling people they have demons?

I think Ryan from PRS should try out for the next Beetlejuice movie

Beetlejuice- "I got demons runnin' all through me!!"

We should make a bet! How long will PRS last!? LOL...

Not money though, because it'll get out of hand! LMAO!

Like someone has to put something in their sig or something to that effect?

I almost don't want it to end. Shame on me. I'm waiting for Chip to have another margaret moment. The man is hilarious.

I almost don't want it to end. Shame on me. I'm waiting for Chip to have another margaret moment. The man is hilarious.

Hahaha. I love that too.

*Whack!*

-----------------

Here's the Penn State Paranormal Research Society. Ryan's an admin there.

I'm there as Empress Augusta Vradica.

Come on people... PRS needs to be taken off the air period! I say we start a petition!? They did one against Uwe Boll! LOL...

Here is an example! Petition

Dude, they are so portraying our field very badly and making us the laughing stock.

Come on people... PRS needs to be taken off the air period! I say we start a petition!? They did one against Uwe Boll! LOL...

Dude, they are so portraying our field very badly and making us the laughing stock.

Where do i sign up?!

I would sign it in a flash.

We could do what the governor did in Blacksheep and have even the dead sign :P I'd sign and make everyone I know sign as well...not that i would have to try hard, they would in a heartbeat.

Should I close my thread too? Since half of the members hate it?

<_<

Edit:

Just because you hate it. Doesn't mean you have to ruin the show for me. And the rest of the fans.

;_;

Edited by MoonPrincess

Public forum and we have a right to be critics of a poor podunk show :D, close the thread if you wish....stop the madness before you finally see the light :D

<_<

Edit:

Just because you hate it. Doesn't mean you have to ruin the show for me. And the rest of the fans.

;_;

I just think it is our patriotic duty to get rid of the show. By getting rid of this show, we can save lives and feed the hungry. So many good things can come from the end of this show. Perhaps a cure for cancer. Join us. :innocent::P

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

<_<

Edit:

;_;

Hello Moonprincess.

I don't like PRS and have stated so many times. If you enjoy it that's fine. I hope you enjoy it for it's entertainment properties.

However, the people that are voicing their dissent about the show have a valid point.

The way that PRS is being portrayed, either by the editing staff or by their own instigation isn't portraying Paranormal Investigation. It shows and upholds beliefs that were constructed thousands of years ago. It's a snake oil show. They are selling belief in the most insidious ways.

Some of the things that they portray on the show makes no sense beyond entertainment. But it isn't being billed as entertainment and to many people the show is real.

They should quit billing themselves as PIs and bill themselves as Belief Supporters, BS for short.

In my opinion it's not belief or the positive aspects of belief that's dangerous but the show relies on that belief system and exploits it. People are going to believe a demon/entity or some mummery over a knowable medical condition, toxic environment or other provable cause and they will cling to that belief over a fact. This wouldn't bother me if I didn't see it as dangerous as case after case in the news proves. When someone kills a family member because they believed that a demon or what ever was infesting their loved one, I blame shows like this one. This show adds to that IMHO.

Regards,

Mabon.

Ditto... well said! :D

As seasoned P.I.'s and founder's of our own Paranormal Groups we should not be bashing other groups in public, however this group needs to be bashed because they are simply frauds and I have scientific proof of it because I have investigated a location they have investigated. The things they claimed to be paranormal are hardly paranormal at all. The characters on that episode lied about so many things on the show, basically to sell it. Its because of groups like this that people & scientists do not take us seriously. Does it ruin my credibility as a founder of a well established group? Maybe, but I have the proof, I know the truth, and have the backing.

<_<

Edit:

;_;

Rest of the fans? Does the family of the PS jokes count as fans?

Rest of the fans? Does the family of the PS jokes count as fans?

:lol:

I just dislike them because of their methods, their "know it all attitude". What is scary is that they have the means to basically "brainwash" people ,if you will, into believing their little fairy tale. Sickening.

Thank you CryWolf and Pluto-x!

I really dislike being negative about a show that people enjoy. You know, if it were a perfect world people wouldn't be affected by it and would see it as a fun (if they enjoy that type of thing) program then put it from their mind until the next show. Yet a lot of people don't. They see the show and think that what this team is doing is both helping and right.

The aspect of the show that really bugs me is the unsubstantiated diagnosis. This is the part that is based on belief. Belief and facts seem diametrically opposed but they don't have to be. If PRS were using what has been written about as a base to dismiss or prove those claims then it might be interesting.

This isn't the dark ages. A lot of things that used to be signs/proof of the devil and/or demons we now know to be mental illness, physical illness or other causes. I like living in the 21st century. While there are things that we can learn and should honor from history. The blind belief this show promotes, isn't one of them.

As seasoned P.I.'s and founder's of our own Paranormal Groups we should not be bashing other groups in public, however this group needs to be bashed because they are simply frauds and I have scientific proof of it because I have investigated a location they have investigated. ~Pluto-x

I do agree with that the people shouldn't be bashed yet critiquing should be done. I really hoped that since the group was young and either still in college or recent graduates that they would apply the knowledge that they learned toward paranormal investigations. I wouldn't even have minded if they used mediums/psychics so long as they were going to try to substantiate the claims made by them. On the first two shows (shown in my area back to back and presented as an hour long episode) those hopes were dashed.

Regards,

Mabon.