Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Forbidden Lego'

Owlscrying

Copenhagen, Denmark - Budding builders who want to walk on the wild side might want to check out a Lego manual written by a Danish worker to build a catapult.

"Forbidden Lego: Build the Models Your Parents Warned You Against!," which ranks in the top 500 on Amazon, contains instructions for the models that the company's "master builders do for fun in the back room."

Edgy Lego enthusiasts can, with a few household items, build a Gatling gun, a pistol that can shoot a Lego block and a working catapult. "Forbidden Lego" is the work of former Lego employees Mike Dooley and Ulrik Pilegaard.

"When I worked for Lego, every once and a while we created some really cool things that couldn't get approved," Pilegaard said. "But that's fair enough, since Lego has rules stating that toys shouldn't be dangerous for kids

go

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotus Flower

• glorybebe

• fallin421

• Mcr13

I love legos. You can make just about anything with them! I wonder how they figured out how to make a gun and catapult? :hmm:

I think I'll pass on the Lego Love Doll! :lol:

I love legos. You can make just about anything with them! I wonder how they figured out how to make a gun and catapult? :hmm:

Ah, you will ahve to buy the book.... :lol:

Yeah, well I wanna know what happened to "beta build" - little bricks that you could make houses and things.... :angry2:

Did Lego take "beta build" over?

*folds arms and sulks*

I love legos. You can make just about anything with them!

linked-image

cool yet dangerous. haha.

My son and I made a Lego catapult!! For our unit study about the Middle Ages. :) We also made a trebuchet. :)

Has anyone ever been to Lego Land...There's one in California and I think in the U.K. My daughter took the kids when they were out in California over the summer and she said it was unbelievable.........

Yeah they had something similar to lego land in disney world and it reaelly is very amazing the thing they can make with them. Im sure that planning them out and getting all the colors worked out would be alot of work.

linked-image

Sweet!

That would be a neat job sitting around building statues out of legos. lol

For sure! I should think it would be completely therapeutic :lol:

For sure! I should think it would be completely therapeutic :lol:

Until you couldn't figure out how to get one part right and smashed the whole thing! OK, that would be me doing the smashing, :P I get frustrated easily.

Until you couldn't figure out how to get one part right and smashed the whole thing! OK, that would be me doing the smashing, :P I get frustrated easily.

Smashing it could be therapeutic too :lol:

The worst part of legos is when you're about done, you find theres a vital piece missing and you cannot find it. <_< Aaaargh!