Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA Photos "Show UK Guantanamo Detainee Was

Bob26003

CIA Photos "Show UK Guantanamo Detainee Was Tortured"

By Robert Verkaik

The Independent UK

Sunday 10 December 2007

Lawyers for a British resident who the US government refuses to release from Guantanamo Bay have identified the existence of photographs taken by CIA agents that they say show their client suffered horrific injuries under torture.

The photographic evidence will be vital to clear Binyam Mohammed, 27, who the Americans want to bring before a Military Commission on charges of terrorism, say his lawyers.

Last week it emerged that Britain had negotiated the release of four detainees who have British residence status but Mr Mohammed, who speaks with a London accent, and at least three others are being held back.

In a letter sent to the Foreign Secretary David Miliband, Britain is urged to ask the US to stop the CIA destroying the pictures.

Clive Stafford-Smith, the legal director of Reprieve representing Mr Mohammed, said that he also knows the identity of the agents who were present when his client was allegedly beaten and tortured. Writing to Mr Miliband, he said: "Given the opportunity, we can prove that the evidence was the fruit of torture. Indeed, we can prove that a photographic record was made of this by the CIA. Through diligent investigation we know when the CIA took pictures of Mr Mohammed's brutalised genitalia, we know the identity of the CIA agents who were present including the person who took the pictures (we know both their false identities and their true names), and we know what those pictures show."

He added: "I have been privy to materials that allegedly support the finding that Mr Mohammed should be held, and while I cannot discuss some here (due to classification rules), I can state unequivocally that I have seen no evidence of any kind against Mr Mohammed that is not the bitter fruit of torture."

Reprieve says it will be pressing for criminal prosecutions against the CIA agents alleged to have carried out the torture.

Last week it emerged that the CIA destroyed hundreds of hours of videotapes showing the torture of detainees held by the US.

Binyam Mohammed was born in Ethiopia but was given leave to remain in the UK after seeking asylum in 1994. Seven years later, he travelled to Pakistan and Afghanistan where the Americans allege that he underwent training in firearms and explosives. In 2002, he was arrested by Pakistani immigration officials at Karachi airport on his way back to the UK. He says he was then taken to Morocco and tortured for 18 months, including having his penis slashed, before being sent to Guantanamo, where he still remains.

Mr Stafford-Smith added in his letter: "As you know, the only purported basis for the US holding Mr Mohammed is an allegation that he is an ('illegal') enemy combatant. Five-and-a-half years after his initial seizure, he is not currently charged in a military commission, and he has never been offered a fair trial. As you are aware, Mr Mohammed was rendered to Morocco by the CIA and tortured for 18 months in a way that was medieval.

"There can be no rational dispute that this is true. We have the CIA flight records which precisely match Mr Mohammed's version of events. He has nothing to do with Morocco, and he was not taken there by the CIA for a Club Med vacation."

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/121007L.shtml

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob26003

• conspiracysrus

• Ins0mniac

• stevewinn

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares ? and if anyone does why?

anyone who wants to support a regime that TORTURES and detains women for learning to read and write deserves nothing better.

heres a little thought how about we extend human rights ONLY to those who behave like humans ?

anyone who wants to support a regime that TORTURES and detains women for learning to read and write deserves nothing better.

heres a little thought how about we extend human rights ONLY to those who behave like humans ?

well said,

He comes here (UK) claiming asylum and then the next minute pops up in 2001 in Afghanistan while NATO operations are on going, what was he doing there, and like ive said before hes only a British Resident why doesnt his own government push for his release, the yanks should have done us a favour and made him go missing,

Cat tell him,

Edited by stevewinn

Is this one of those "British Residents" (an unresolved "Asylum Seeker" from a Muslim country, perhaps ? ) who - once given temporary residence in the UK, chose to go to a relatives wedding in Pakistan ? (but then accidently wandered over the border to Afghanistan ? Hey, it happens to us all, I'm sure. ).

Curious how they can never remember the name of the Bride, or the village where the wedding was supposed to have taken place.

Meow Jihad Purr.

Ah Mr X

Come in, come in, please sit down. There's no need to be nervous in here we are all men. Can I offer you a cigeratte?

(Mr X accepts)

There you go Mr X that wasn't so bad was it?

Let me tell you a story Mr X about a friend of mine who got shot down behind enemy lines in the Falkland wars. You see he was terrified that he would never get see his wife and young children again. I am not a evil man Mr X, I know you want to go home and I promise that if you tell me all I need to know you will go home.

So tell me Mr X have you any children?

(Mr X makes the mistake of answering that he has no children)

Ok, lads you know what to do. Get his pants and underwear off.

The interrogation officer then forcefully grabs Mr X by the balls, pulls his bayonet out, and cuts off one testicle.

Mr X then panics as he has not produced any children. The interrogation officier then tells him straight that if he doesn't tell him everything he's going to lose his other prised asset.

Do you think Mr X will talk?

Lol

Ah Mr X

Come in, come in, please sit down. There's no need to be nervous in here we are all men. Can I offer you a cigeratte?

(Mr X accepts)

There you go Mr X that wasn't so bad was it?

Let me tell you a story Mr X about a friend of mine who got shot down behind enemy lines in the Falkland wars. You see he was terrified that he would never get see his wife and young children again. I am not a evil man Mr X, I know you want to go home and I promise that if you tell me all I need to know you will go home.

So tell me Mr X have you any children?

(Mr X makes the mistake of answering that he has no children)

Ok, lads you know what to do. Get his pants and underwear off.

The interrogation officer then forcefully grabs Mr X by the balls, pulls his bayonet out, and cuts off one testicle.

Mr X then panics as he has not produced any children. The interrogation officier then tells him straight that if he doesn't tell him everything he's going to lose his other prised asset.

Do you think Mr X will talk?

Lol

I dunno man... what happens next! linked-image It was just getting good :yes:

I bet he tells and they do it anyways :lol:

He comes here (UK) claiming asylum and then the next minute pops up in 2001 in Afghanistan while NATO operations are on going, what was he doing there, and like ive said before hes only a British Resident why doesnt his own government push for his release, the yanks should have done us a favour and made him go missing,

I don't care what he's done, there should be no torture.

As for the story about cutting the guys ball off and threatening the loss of another, I suspect he will say whatever he thinks is going to make the torture stop.

I stand by John McCain, an american REPUBLICAN who actually was tortured. He's against it, I'm against it.

Oh, see you guys aren't getting it. Don't you understand that if we mistreat these guys then when they capture one of ours they will feel no compunction to hurt him too. Of course you know that currently they treat all of our guys as if they were staying at a 5-star hotel. :wacko:

Don't you understand that if we mistreat these guys then when they capture one of ours they will feel no compunction to hurt him too.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Regardless of how they treat our people, I don't want our terror suspects tortured.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Regardless of how they treat our people, I don't want our terror suspects tortured.

fair play Neo, two wrongs dont make a right, so true, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, just out of interest what would you do with terror suspects, how would you make them speak, and what would you do if they wouldnt speak, release them?

After losing one testicle Mr X very quickly caves in out of fear of not being able to father any children.

After a couple of days of rest he is taken from his cell to a new room.

Ah Mr X

Come in, come in, please sit down. You know that must have been quite an ordeal for you to go through back there. Can I get you something to calm your nerves, a cigeratte perhaps?

(Mr X accepts to calm his nerves)

So Mr X as soon as the war is over you will be a free man. Any plans on what you'll do, perhaps you would like to visit America or Britain?

(The officer gets up, walks over to Mr X and whispers in his ear)

You know Mr X I don't hate you, but I am a solider and it is my job to interrogate prisoners for intelligence. I am sorry about what we had to do to you and I want you to know that in some ways I envy you people as you are fighting the only way you can against a superpower. One thing I don't understand though is all this Jihad stuff.

(Mr X makes the mistake of talking about Jihad and now the officer knows he is a relgious fanatic)

(Now the interrogation officer pulls out the file from his desk showing that Mr X had just blown up and killed 5 squaddies)

The interrogation officer now calls out for the boys to come into the room. He explains what Mr X did and that he's a religous fanatic and tells them to take him away and be hard on him.

He is taken to the torture wing of the prsion to join the other religous extremists. The soliders immediately set about violating his religous rights by forcing him into brotherly love with the other prisoners (if you know what I mean). Then the torture the living s**t out of him day and night until he commits suicide. A just punishment for killing 5 of their comrades.

Lol

Do truth serums work or is that just in the movies ?

Oh, see you guys aren't getting it. Don't you understand that if we mistreat these guys then when they capture one of ours they will feel no compunction to hurt him too. Of course you know that currently they treat all of our guys as if they were staying at a 5-star hotel. :wacko:

Is that what Jesus would say?

Matthew 5:9 (NKJV) Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

BTW, Jesus was a revolutionary dissident. Who spread a message of peace love and tolerance --------- Not hatred torture and War............ ;)

Edited by Bob26003

Clive Stafford-Smith, the legal director of Reprieve representing

Oh no, not Clive Stafford-Smith!

Look at me everyone.. 'I've got a double barreled name' look at me.. everyone 'I'm dancing, dancing with the native Americans and the completely innocent Guantanamo suspects'

click

We don't want them back... unless they stay around Clive Stafford Smith's house...

"Ah! ER I would, you know I would..it's just, well it's just a bit inconvenient at the moment,

see, we've been decorating and the place is in a right mess.. er sorry"

What does GOD say about war...

Is that what Jesus would say?

Matthew 5:9 (NKJV) Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

BTW, Jesus was a revolutionary dissident. Who spread a message of peace love and tolerance --------- Not hatred torture and War............ ;)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT

Oh... Can't forget your mythology's reasoning on female captives either...

10 When you go to war against your enemies and the LORD your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, 11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife. 14 If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her.

Deuteronomy 21

Yeah... So murder as you go through the city men, little children and women... But if you capture women... You get to rape them. Disgusting.

Compared to your sickening mythology... Those captured by the US are treated like kings. :tu:

The LAWYERS for these guys are claiming torture... Like every other lawyer and person is claiming happened to them. Then they go on to say in very many words that they don't have the evidence to back up their claims. :rolleyes:

So, its ok if we torture them because they are bad becuase they torture?

So, would we deserve human rights since we tortured? Or is torturing "behaving like a human"?

fair play Neo, two wrongs dont make a right, so true, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, just out of interest what would you do with terror suspects, how would you make them speak, and what would you do if they wouldnt speak, release them?

Would you trust the lives of our troops with intelligence gained by torture?

Someone being tortured will say anything they think you want to hear, whether they have any knowledge of it or not.

If they give names of certain people and say they have a WMD hidden away somewhere are you going to send soldiers over to shoot it out with them? They could just as easily not have had any information and were making things up for it to stop.

Torture is not an effective way of gaining intelligence in most situations.

And can you trust the U.S government to use such information with a pinch of salt? They got half their intel about Saddam having weapons of mass destruction from unchecked testimonies of Saddam's political enemies. How did they think they would answer? They didn't stop to think about intelligence credibility or double checking then.

There are methods other than physical torture that are used to get information out of suspects. Psychological methods etc. From what I remember, they are said to be more succesful too.

And as for the idea that torture is okay because we do it for the right reasons, well Isn't that what they all say?

It's a slippery slope, next they'll be torturing pedophiles and murderers because they don't deserve any "human rights" either right? Then once it's in the justice system, how about drink drivers who kill people? They're murderers too right? The how about drink drivers who don't kill people? What's the difference with them? And then so on.

Edited by Ins0mniac

It's a slippery slope, next they'll be torturing pedophiles and murderers because they don't deserve any "human rights" either right?

Sorry, is this a counter claim that torture isn't a good idea? ^_^ Sounds good to me.

Maybe we can have a sliding scale for torture... say stealing... and you get your arm twisted..just a chinese burn "yeeeoouch".

On the other end of the scale, when it come to Pedophiles and rapists..

then it's a.. billy of the hill Taser Christmas party!

yay everyone's invited.

Edited by Billy of the Hill

Lawyers for a British resident who the US government refuses to release from Guantanamo Bay have identified the existence of photographs taken by CIA agents that they say show their client suffered horrific injuries under torture.

Note the phrase 'the existence of photographs'. The lawyers don't claim to have seen them. Only that they 'exist'. How do they know what's in the photos if they haven't seen them. You think the CIA would show photos to a couple of British lawyers?

The United States does not torture. People who claim we do are seeking political and/or financial gain from false allegations of torture.

If the photos exist,they would be splashed over every newspaper and television channel in the world. There are no photos because there was no torture.

Edited by supercar

Sorry, is this a counter claim that torture isn't a good idea? ^_^ Sounds good to me.

hahah Nice one.

Slightly out of context there.

Note the phrase 'the existence of photographs'. The lawyers don't claim to have seen them. Only that they 'exist'. How do they know what's in the photos if they haven't seen them. You think the CIA would show photos to a couple of British lawyers?

Well if they claim they exist, it doesn't mean they have seen them, but it doesn't mean they haven't seen them either.

The United States does not torture. People who claim we do are seeking political and/or financial gain from false allegations of torture.

Not even a little water boarding?

If the photos exist,they would be splashed over every newspaper and television channel in the world. There are no photos because there was no torture.

Why would they be splashed over every newspaper and television channel in the world exactly?

One alleged case of torture pales in comparison to the policy ot torture carried out by Muslim insurgents and militias during the war in Iraq:

Maybe so, but you don't want to start assessing your own country's actions by comparing them to Muslim insurgents. I mean, you don't sit and think "We'll we're not as bad as Muslim insurgents yet so I guess we're doing good". Not a high benchmark to use.

Edited by Ins0mniac

Go ahead and do a quick google supercar, type in US torture. You might be suprised.

“No Blood, No Foul”

Soldiers’ Accounts of Detainee Abuse in Iraq

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2006/us0706/

=-============

http://www.forbes.com/work/feeds/afx/2005/...afx2110388.html

US acknowledges torture at Guantanamo; in Iraq, Afghanistan - UN

06.24.2005, 11:37 AM

GENEVA (AFX) - Washington has, for the first time, acknowledged to the United Nations that prisoners have been tortured at US detention centres in Guantanamo Bay, as well as Afghanistan and Iraq, a UN source said.

===========

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/09/2113582.htm

US to probe CIA 'torture' tape destruction

Posted Sun Dec 9, 2007 8:47am AEDT

Updated Sun Dec 9, 2007 8:18am AEDT

US justice officials have announced a preliminary inquiry into the CIA's destruction of videotapes showing harsh interrogations of Al Qaeda operatives.

============

http://www.aclu.org/intlhumanrights/gen/21...rs20051024.html

U.S. Operatives Killed Detainees During Interrogations in Afghanistan and Iraq (10/24/2005)

Edited by Bob26003

how do you know this?...why did hayden destroy the interrogation tapes?....because they gave up the CIA as co-conspirators in 9/11?

we have seen civilians heads cut off on the web on the news. and in most cases the victims are those that seek to help those that suffer from the effects of war. in my opinion those people are good people but naive.

those that execute them are dangerous animals and ...well its a dirty job but someones gotta do it.