Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monk smashes iron bar over head

UM-Bot

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotus Flower

• Legatus Legionis

• UM-Bot

• Bill Hill

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the science behind these mashal-art acts- that Bone is like Honeycomb..?

So, if you keep hitting it, over time..the honeycomb like structure is squashed down until it's as hard as stone.

linked-image

definitely cool though.

Back in the mid 90s I saw the Shaolin Monks in London in an exhibition. They smashed iron bars over their heads, across their shins, wacked thick pieces of wood up into their privates and never flinched. It really had to be seen to be believed.

In this exhibition was a five year old who was in training, I am wondering if he is the same person that featured in the video in the original posting. I remember them saying when I saw the exhibition that it took a great many years of chi-gung training before they could even move on to the iron-bar stuff.

All I can say is I would not like to get on the wrong side of them :lol:

Back in the mid 90s I saw the Shaolin Monks in London in an exhibition. They smashed iron bars over their heads, across their shins, wacked thick pieces of wood up into their privates and never flinched. It really had to be seen to be believed.

In this exhibition was a five year old who was in training, I am wondering if he is the same person that featured in the video in the original posting. I remember them saying when I saw the exhibition that it took a great many years of chi-gung training before they could even move on to the iron-bar stuff.

All I can say is I would not like to get on the wrong side of them :lol:

Well YEAH! if they beat you up. they would have taken you into heaven in one or two punches.

Well YEAH! if they beat you up. they would have taken you into heaven in one or two punches.

They would probably breathe on me and I would have a cardiac! :lol:

that reporter is a condescending pig just quietly

that reporter is a condescending pig just quietly

I shouldn't think that worried the monks, they probably felt sorry for him :lol:

Isn't the science behind these mashal-art acts- that Bone is like Honeycomb..?

So, if you keep hitting it, over time..the honeycomb like structure is squashed down until it's as hard as stone.

linked-image

That's exactly right yes.

The martial art i attended, we had to roll these sticks over our shinbones all the time, to harden the bone slowly. Several years later you can break a baseballbat with your shinbone and hardly feel it.

We also had to run around outside in the snow, barefoot, bleeding from cuts and cold as hell. If you're persistant you can regulate when you want to recieve "pain signals" from the brain.

Edited by III

• 4 months later...