Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

! England 1966 World Cup Shock Exclusive !

postbaguk

Maybe it's also illustrating how people seem to have lost the ability not to treat everything so seriously all the time.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Commander Travis

• coughymachine

• postbaguk

• Belial

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

agreed..isnt this kinda silly...

Compared to what exactly?..........certain claims submitted to the UFO section, perhaps? :unsure2:

Compared to what exactly?..........certain claims submitted to the UFO section, perhaps? :unsure2:

At least they're submitted to the correct forum or else moved.

I'm a little surprised two mods find this either valid or acceptable. The Conspiracies and Secret Societies forum is, by its very nature, going to contain a great deal of user-generated content that, whilst important to the poster, is unsubstantiated, unpopular and straightfrowardly at odds with most people's world view. But, since you have a forum dedicated to it, and since this is 'Unexplained Mysteries', this sort of content is relevant and, dare I say, precisely what the board's owners had in mind when conceiving this community.

Maybe it's part of a conspiracy to deter conspiracy theorists! ;)

If anyone is deterred by such things as this, then they'd be unfeasibly thin-skinned, I should think. Given how, um, imaginative some of the theories that are put forward are, is someone who, say, says that George W. Bush is a 5,000 years old giant reptile who built the pyramids going to be either offended or put off by this kind of "garbage"?

In summary, are things, perhaps, sometimes taken a little too seriously?

Edited by 747400

If anyone is deterred by such things as this, then they'd be unfeasibly thin-skinned, I should think.

It has nothing to do with being thin-skinned (this is nothing campared to the personal attacks I and others face when debating an actual conspiracy) or lacking a sense of humour.

I've already said I think the OP is amusing - I've enjoyed reading it - but posting it here shows a lack of respect for the forum and a certain contempt for the people who normally contribute to it in my opinion.

And since this is a place for opinions, I thought I'd share mine.

Edited by coughymachine

I would say this topic is relevant to the conspiracies board in that it attempts to demonstrate how easily a conspiracy can be found in almost anything given the right mindset and an argument to put forward, this in some ways mirrors some of the conspiracy theories we've seen over the years that while from the outside appear ridiculous have nonetheless achieved quite a following of people who believe it to be true without question.

That being said this thread is generating far too much friction to leave open, we've had several complaints and the topic doesn't really encourage much in the way of a discussion since it is essentially a joke.

I think the best thing to do under the circumstances is to simply close this one down.