Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GORDON BROWN SIGNS TREATY

chemical-licker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7138316.stm

Prime Minister Gordon Brown will miss the official signing of the EU treaty, but will travel to Lisbon and sign it later, Downing Street has said. No 10 says the PM will not be able to attend the ceremony because he is to be grilled by a committee of senior MPs.

But he will leave London straight after the Commons liaison committee hearing and join EU heads of government at lunch and then sign the treaty.

The Tories accused him of "not having the guts" to sign the treaty in public.

The EU Reform treaty has proved politically controversial, with the Tories arguing that it is substantially the same as the abandoned EU Constitution, on which a referendum was promised by Labour.

Constitution rejected

But the government says the two documents are different, making a public vote on the treaty unnecessary.

Mr Brown has been invited to Lisbon by the Portuguese government - which holds the EU presidency - along with the leaders of the other 26 EU member states.

HAS GORDON BROWN SOLD US OUT FINALLY :unsure2:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotus Flower

• chemical-licker

• stevewinn

• ships-cat

That idiot has doomed us all.

This is big news if your a brit?...is he gonna join the eu as a full member?..

This is big news if your a brit?...is he gonna join the eu as a full member?..

I am a Brit lol.

Meh, surprise surprise. He knew he'd never get voted in, so due to his default power, he's doing whatever he can to make a name for himself.

Whether it's good or bad. He's always wanted to be PM, so he's taking advantage of it. I don't think he even knows WHAT he's doing...

Meh, surprise surprise. He knew he'd never get voted in, so due to his default power, he's doing whatever he can to make a name for himself.

Whether it's good or bad. He's always wanted to be PM, so he's taking advantage of it. I don't think he even knows WHAT he's doing...

I think that too. It's all to just get a name for himself and to look good in front of the other countries.

Can we EVER get out of the EU?

Or are we stuck for an amount of time in it.

I can understand that the people in Britain are quite p***ed with this treaty, they get the obligations but do not get the rights ... because the UK will not implement the of Bill of Rights of the Citizens, along with Poland.

the people didn't exactly put him into power, it was tony blair, gordon (d*ck) brown is in power temporarily so anything he signs is not gonna be legit? or is it??????

few can control the many

I live in England, & can"t remember being asked to vote on this issue.

We are being ridden over rough-shod by charlatans & liars.(surprise,surprise).

I"m not European, I"M ENGLISH!!! (British cuz the Mrs family are Irish).

Much as i despise them, the English government rule England. NOT Brussells, or any other European country, they don"t tell us what to do or what not to do!

Can you believe that Brussells (EU), told us that our bananas were too curved, so we couldnt sell them!

We HAVE BEEN TOLD that we must display weights of produce in Kg as well as Lb/Oz ?

Well, **** off Europeans ! Well, most of you are here now & living off our benefit system that took years & years of planning, & years of toil in mines & factories by the BRITISH people to come to fruition.

I hope you enjoy milking this once great country to death.

******* !

Edit: But when it"s ******, where do you go then ?

2nd Edit: Gordon Brown is something that rhymes with ANCHOR.

Edited by Tiggs
*Sighs* - Rocket - please stop circumventing the language filters

I thought you Brits already made the shift to the Metric System. Are some of you still actually using the archaic Imperial Standard (which the US and Liberia still use)?

As for the Treaty, I'm more annoyed by the fact that they didn't bother to do a referendum on it, like what the Irish are doing. How do they plan to actually build a public base for their proposed superstate without a public mandate?

I thought you Brits already made the shift to the Metric System. Are some of you still actually using the archaic Imperial Standard (which the US and Liberia still use)?

Not the younger generations, but those around 30 years do.

It's a waste of time waiting for people in England to stand up and be counted.

This is what I am going to do however. First of all I am going to work until retirement (not that long to go, only about 14 years) - and THEN me and hubby are off, somewhere else, to another country, that has a bit of common sense and not megalomaniacs masquerading as the Government! :angry2:

Seriously, they bring in ridiculous rules that go on to get more and more outrageous. The trouble is, each time they create another rule, it is just SLIGHTLY more ridiculous than the one it is replacing. In fact the change is so slight that I think people consider "oh well, it isn't THAT much different, I guess we can accommodate it" - however, if you look at the rule as it was in the very first place and the way it has been changed and stands now, there is a marked difference - so much so, that if it were changed in such a way in the beginning there would have been uproar.

Gordon Brown is something that rhymes with ANCHOR. <_<:w00t: got it

A big fat country destroying miserable fish face illuminati lizard bum boy who has no personality and needs a good smack in the fish face git.

:D have i the answer?

Gordon Brown is something that rhymes with ANCHOR. <_<:w00t: got it

A big fat country destroying miserable fish face illuminati lizard bum boy who has no personality and needs a good smack in the fish face git.

Good grief! :o

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er Chemical, you are not being politically correct there, I don't think the word "country" has much meaning anymore :lol:

Pick me....mmmgghhh hand up! pick me! I know... I know. :yes:

Is it him?

linked-image

:cry: go away please just go away

ROFL!!! I am still laughing at your previous complimentary posting :lol::w00t:

i always knew labour would sell england out thats what theyve always done . and so have the conservatives and so will any other public schoolboy "school tie" network.

they should all be hanged for treason. :ph34r:

:cry: go away please just go away

Ah, well, if those aren't tears of embarassment, then . . . do we have a (wait for it!) Liberal Democrat in our midst?! :w00t:

Ah, well, if those aren't tears of embarassment, then . . . do we have a (wait for it!) Liberal Democrat in our midst?! :w00t:

:sleepy:

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the UK should not be part of any Eurpoean Union, we can still trade with Europe, we have our own future and destiny to fulfill, we shouldnt have to rely on anyone else, if we had to choose between Europe and the Sea we should always choose the sea,

Gordon Brown is the worst politician you can have, he thinks he knows whats best for everyone, but doesnt ask anyone, i think we have to be careful with the whole EU, i think everyone agrees the end game is a European Empire, democracy is well and truly going out the window, when EU ministers can make rules that affect our people and country yet are not elected by us the British people, what happened to the promised referendum, i cant believe the British people arent up in arms,

its no wonder in 1998 the new Government (liarbour) got rid if the death penalty for treason, we need to be very careful with this government, our freedom is on the line,

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the UK should not be part of any Eurpoean Union, we can still trade with Europe, we have our own future and destiny to fulfill, we shouldnt have to rely on anyone else, if we had to choose between Europe and the Sea we should always choose the sea,

Gordon Brown is the worst politician you can have, he thinks he knows whats best for everyone, but doesnt ask anyone, i think we have to be careful with the whole EU, i think everyone agrees the end game is a European Empire, democracy is well and truly going out the window, when EU ministers can make rules that affect our people and country yet are not elected by us the British people, what happened to the promised referendum, i cant believe the British people arent up in arms,

its no wonder in 1998 the new Government (liarbour) got rid if the death penalty for treason, we need to be very careful with this government, our freedom is on the line,

Lol, they're already making it so we can't do anything. They've banned all weapons - mock weapons mostly. So when the time comes for us to rise up, we'll be put out quite easily.