Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Saddam Have WMD?

DreamRebel

There seem to be so many fragile people here...people are leaving the thread in a huff...people are name calling...personal attacks...

One can only confront the minority opinion for so long before one

tires *yawn* and slides back down to the majority end of

the political spectrum. whistling2.gif

cya

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffybunny

• joc

• stillcrazy

• Stamford

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About the WMD. If it's still relevant to the thread! And if anyone cares.

THESE LINKS CONTAIN DISTURBING IMAGES!

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Link 5 is rom the BBC a reputable source in many eyes.

I do still wonder about the exact details, although the international concensus is that they were Iraqi chemical weapons!

So technically it is still speculation.

you don't care for counter arguements because in your mind you are right.

That sounds very familiar Bathory, I think that shoe may fit several here.

The silly part is that there are several arguments that could have been presented in suppoort of Bush(even if i do not agree with them, I am aware...), but they were hardly(if at all) touched upon. It seems that the personal attacks were preferred more often than not.

ahem, when i'm wrong i'll happily admit it, when it comes to religous debates i well know that neither side will come out on top, and i have a feeling those involved treat it more like a game as opposed to an actual arguement trying to find out who's right and who's wrong, the difference is that I like to base my arguments on facts, and when i speculate i don't treat it as fact, something this thread has shown you don't. When i'm wrong, i'll happily conceed.

ultimately, my original point that its all speculation is for both sides:)

laugh.gif I dont know why thats funny , it just is .

Yes it is....

fluffybunny,

You fight a good fight and as you know you are not alone, some of us (for some reason mainly British) support your stance and agree with your argument.

For some people out there rudeness and barely hidden aggression seem to be the order of the day and their best form of argument. disgust.gif

I think that you have handled yourself with maturity, calmness and you certainly have my respect. thumbsup.gif

Keep the faith.

What are we debating here? The topic that a POLITICIAN may have lied to start a war? Hardly a ground breaking concept is it?

Surely a more productive way to approach this topic (unless you are a politician) would be to discuss the facts suggesting that Bush did lie, rather than denying it all and burying your head in the sand?

I think all politicians can be accused of lying or bending the truth to some degree, such is the nature of their job. And if a defence of Bush, or Blair for that matter, is that they were only mouthpieces for 'bad intelligence', then surely passing on that information without knowing if it was true or not, is a mistruth?

link

link2

Just wondering if anyone has had time to read the links I provided in my last post?

Or has it now gone past the point of talking about WMD and is now more about personal attacks?

Or has it now gone past the point of talking about WMD and is now more about personal attacks?

Personal attacks I'm afraid, these threads always do! disgust.gif

You should only be scared of President Bush if you are a terrorist or are harboring a terrorist.

...or an American who hates to see his freedoms stripped away by the patriot act...or a US soldier afraid to die for questionable causes...or any free citizen of the world who is afraid to see the US go to war for questionable reasons...or???

or your any Brit who is sick to the back teeth of being Americas lapdog.

Mr Blair - "Of course...lick lick......George.....Lick lick suck suck......we'll join you blindly everytime you need some oil..lick lick.......Oh and we'll always go in first for you......Lick lick slap slap.......Just in case you need a scapegoat!.....Of course you can use the SAS and the SBS as your own SF's are Laughable....etc"

Mr Bush - "Theres a good boy, Tony" wink2.gif We are already the 51st state, why not make it official.

90% of the UK public are sick of doing the US's bidding. This is not anti America, it's anti American politics.

Joc, don't even bother, i'm not interested. wink2.gif

Sorry, it's how i feel! I spent 8 years inthe Royal Navy, Now i relise the British RN is just a ship squadron of the US FLEET!!!!!!!!

Hey mate, post your feelings.

Just warning you, our US cousins can be a little defensive when you say the slightest negative thing about them.

Some points to remember:

1. Don't question their Prez.

2. Don't question the war.

3. Agree that anyone who does either 1 or 2 is a left-wing, Saddam-loving freak.

4. Agree that 911 was the work of all Arabs, who in an ideal world should all be nuked back into the stone age.

5. Want the invasion of the following countries: Syria, Iran, North Korea, Pakistan and probably Canada (just to be safe).

If you stick to these current guidelines you should be safe.

Now after me: GOD SAVE THE U.S.A.

And if a defence of Bush, or Blair for that matter, is that they were only mouthpieces for 'bad intelligence', then surely passing on that information without knowing if it was true or not, is a mistruth?

not at all, if at the current time it was believed to be correct or the intelligence community had passed it off as being correct, how is one to know it isn't? I'd be more inclined to believe the CIA then someone speculating about information they aren't privvy to, sure the intelligence was wrong (assuming this was the case), its the best they had.

The issue is that noone knows if Bush lied about this, just because he lied elsewhere doesn't mean this is a lie. As Xenojin stated if you aren't amongst Bush's cabinet or Saddams inner circle anything you are saying is speculation and not fact. Yet people still somehow can't understand such a simple concept.

I sent a private message to the above posting.

I will state my comments on a more public setting.

It does not matter if Bush lied in his reasons for going to War.

As the president He, and he alone, is responsible for acting on information provided by his intel agencies.

If he had reason to believe that the intel was flawed or incomplete, and still acted on this information, he is still reposnsible.

Whatever he thought, he as the president, is reponsible to the American people to be da*n sure that his intel is correct. He is responsible for American lives, both in the military and civilian sector. (I suggest you all read the Constitution)

I am neither pro or anti Bush. But, my personal opinion is that he is a puppet president. And he and his administration have done more harm to this country than any other president in the past fourty years. My opinion is based on well documented laws he has passed, exec. orders he has issued, and the record of his office.

5. Want the invasion of the following countries: Syria, Iran, North Korea, Pakistan and probably Canada (just to be safe).

If you stick to these current guidelines you should be safe.

Now after me: GOD SAVE THE U.S.A.

thumbsup.gif Good one! thumbsup.gif

Dot9M

We need to take out Canada for sure.... It is well known that they have WMD!! w00t.gif

(Woods of Mass Density) devil.gif

stillcrazy- I hope you are not starting a softwood lumber debate tongue.gif

Dot9M original.gif

No, I just couldn't resist. I really do like Canada, and it's people. I used to make several trips a year to the western regions. B.C. and Alberta mostly. And I must say it looks has if B.C. stole all of Alberta's trees. ohmy.gif

If I could just get you all to keep from saying "Aye"

Still crazy