Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TAPS Ghost Hunters at Sharon Tate House

HollyDolly

:lol: Hey has anyone caught the episode where TAPS goes to check out the Sharon Tate house where the murders accoured and the Charlie Chaplin Studios? I din't get to stay long on the TAPS forum enough to ask a question,had to get back to work.But apparently there is some sort of contraversy over this espisode. Can't recall what it was,so I'll have to get back to you.I think it had to do with some footage using photos of the crime scence and the murdered victims possibly.

I don't have the Sci-Fi Channel on my basic cable,so i have my sister record it for me.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dani10

• Regency

• Wallydraigle

• ShaunZero

OH when was this episode aired?

I missed it but wanted to see it, They run the show's over all the time so maybe it wont take long for me to get to see it,.

I want to see it also

:lol: Hey has anyone caught the episode where TAPS goes to check out the Sharon Tate house where the murders accoured and the Charlie Chaplin Studios? I din't get to stay long on the TAPS forum enough to ask a question,had to get back to work.But apparently there is some sort of contraversy over this espisode. Can't recall what it was,so I'll have to get back to you.I think it had to do with some footage using photos of the crime scence and the murdered victims possibly.

I don't have the Sci-Fi Channel on my basic cable,so i have my sister record it for me.

Definitely watch it. They captured some interesting evidence, particularly a strong EVP. The big thing, that everyone talks about, however, is Chris Flemmings appearance on the show, and his use of the K2 meter as a sort of electronic ouija board. Honnestly, I didn't know what to make of that.

Who is Chris Flemmings?

I saw that episode in Youtube like a couple of months ago. I don't know what to say about that little machine supposedly "answering" the questions. It could have been a set up.

Chris Fleming is an American psychic, he did a show called Dead Famous with Gale Porter over here in the UK - it was a really good show. They were trying to reach famous spirits, Monroe, John Wayne, John Lennon.

Back to TAPS at the Tate house, it was a really good episode, the evp's were freaky, here's the reveal from Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUviCxtUNDA...ted&search=

Reg

I saw it was so sad one evps was of a women crying it sounded like despretion in the cry. :cry:

That is one thing i dislike about TAPS is that the don't do anything to help the people who are being haunted or the ghost who are stuck there. They just pack up and leave. :no:

If this is the episode when they ask questions the "meter" spikes, then I see it sort of hard to dispute. They ask it to spike once for no and twice for yes, and the meter next spikes any more than twice. That's food for thought. Not only that, but it always spikes after a question is asked. It'd be hard to argue against this being legit, other than saying it's set up.

They've made references to helping bring resolution a few times, and even showed one of the crew doing a blessing once. They don't generally televise it, but I think they try to help out at least some of the time if the property owners want it.

I have a couple of problems with the K-II meter scene. First is that like all the answers it supposedly gave were "Yes". At regular intervals. This makes you always wonder if the machine would have kept giving the yes signal whether a question was asked or not, or even it were known that the machine would do this and questions were asked to fit.

Second, and this is the big one, the guy held the thing the whole time. He could have easily been manipulating it. I would have felt a lot better about it if it were sitting on a table or something. They are all seasoned investigators, and would have known that this objection would be rasied. This makes me question the veracity of the sequence.

They've made references to helping bring resolution a few times, and even showed one of the crew doing a blessing once. They don't generally televise it, but I think they try to help out at least some of the time if the property owners want it.

I have a couple of problems with the K-II meter scene. First is that like all the answers it supposedly gave were "Yes". At regular intervals. This makes you always wonder if the machine would have kept giving the yes signal whether a question was asked or not, or even it were known that the machine would do this and questions were asked to fit.

Second, and this is the big one, the guy held the thing the whole time. He could have easily been manipulating it. I would have felt a lot better about it if it were sitting on a table or something. They are all seasoned investigators, and would have known that this objection would be rasied. This makes me question the veracity of the sequence.

I never noticed that it gave a yes each time. BUT, the person holding the meter was Jason. He's the founder of taps. Though I could be wrong, I really doubt he'd tamper with "evidence".

We've had a little chat about this in the Ghosts & Hauntings section.

I honestly don't believe it to be genuine; the new house is no where near the original home in which Sharon Tate and her freinds were butchered. Also, the guy that built the house has been touting the 'haunting' around to as many people as possible, and apparently making movies to sell.

Sounds like a blatant, and very cynical way to make money :hmm:

That's EXACTLY what I was saying! maybe there was a switch somewhere

Chris Fleming does not seem to be a credible guy to me. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe Fleming stated that he created the K-II Meter. Even though Jason was holding it, Fleming could have easily had some sort of device hidden in his hand which made the meter go off. Though... there was a pretty strong cold spot in front of the meter as the questions were being asked and answered. Just the presence of Fleming I think, degrades the credibility of the evidence.

In my opinion, the most remarkable evidence that TAPS has found on the show is of Ireland, particularly of the Lisheen Ruins. When they saw those little humanoid figures following the other members of the team on the thermal, it really intrigued me. I can't wait for Ghost Hunters International.

Edited by Wootloops

Hi Woot!

I like TAPS as they actively try to re-create any activity and try to debunk it first.

There are way too many eejits out there who think everything is paranormal, and if they can't find 'evidence' they make it up...are you listening Most Haunted?????????????

I still think the Tate haunting in this case is a pile of kak

In my opinion, the most remarkable evidence that TAPS has found on the show is of Ireland, particularly of the Lisheen Ruins. When they saw those little humanoid figures following the other members of the team on the thermal, it really intrigued me. I can't wait for Ghost Hunters International.

Oh yeah, I thought that was cool. It really creeped me out. I really can't wait for GHI.

The one with the faries chasing them around, Ireland seems like the place to be if you want to see some haunts..

I want to see the Elemental of leap castle.

I saw it was so sad one evps was of a women crying it sounded like despretion in the cry. :cry:

That is one thing i dislike about TAPS is that the don't do anything to help the people who are being haunted or the ghost who are stuck there. They just pack up and leave. :no:

Even if it doesn't appear on camera they always ask the owner if they want to expell the ghost or leave it in peace.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I was pretty sure the other guy was holding the K-II meter. Even so, I don't care if Jesus was holding it, you don't hold something in your hand which you are claiming a spirit is communicating through. You just don't. This should be rule number one. It's so basic it's become a cliche. Whenever a ouija board is is shown in a movie, someone always says, "You're moving it!"

I reviewed the episode, and you were right, Jason holds the meter for a while before passing it to Grant. However, ther other guy, Dave Oman, I think his name was, is holding "something" in his hand the whole time. It looks like an audio recorder or maybe even a remote control of some kind. We don't know what it is.

I do notice that he has Jason and Grant hold the thing, but asks the questions himself, and again, I have to ask myself why this is.

I also notice that out of all the questions No is only returned one time. Also, and this is hard to be certain of because of editing and whatnot, but there seems to be about a six to seven second interval between each answer returned.

I don't believe Jason and Grant would knowing mislead anyone with this, but as for the other guy, I just don't know. It does seem contrived, and given the criticallt flawed methodology I don't give this evidence any weight at all.

Again, Jason and Grant should have known better.

Yeah I didn't trust that meter either. Chris could have a devise that he's activating with his toe or by anal twitching - it could easily be faked.

Hammy's right, the house isn't where the murders were - it was a fair distance away.