Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Inventor claims car running on air.

DreamRebel

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dowdy

• PsychicPenguin

• geeohn

• ambyglam

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Topic moved to the Skeptic's Corner. (seems like a good place for it, I guess. dontgetit.gif )

i hope it works

a zero polluting car that runs on air...kinda like diet caffiene-free soda, same as the real thing but seemingly with nothing in it

post-14-1075309984.gif

Well... it's running on compressed air, not really a breathing car. So it is still allowed by the laws of thermodynamics. I don't see any reason why it should be in skeptics corner wink2.gif

a man once invented a car which runs on water instead of petrol, then he was killed, so the moral of the story is, if the government cant make tax on it, they wont allow it!

pity tho, pollution free water cars yey

ph34r.gif

Well, in general we consider water H2O to be in ground state, we canot really take any energy out of it. However there are energy technologies that are related to water.

- fuel cell, basicaly reacting Hydrogen and Oxygen gas to form water. This engine does not produce any pollution. It doesn't use water but rather produces water. The technology is widely available, applicable to cars, and I don't think the inventor was assasinated.

- fusion reaction, one type of nuclear reaction that uses heavy water. This reaction is much cleaner than the conventional nuclear engine. The size of the reactor will not allow this technology to be applied in automobiles in near future. So far it can only produce the same energy as it consumes. The inventor wasn't assasinated either.

Intriguing, and highly unique. Does it run on hot air? If it does, I have some co-workers that can fill 5 tanks and then some.

a man once invented a car which runs on water instead of petrol, then he was killed, so the moral of the story is, if the government cant make tax on it, they wont allow it!

it would just mean the government would tax water:)

I believe this statement to be based on an episode of the short lived X-Files spin off, The Lone Gunman. Good show, but it never found an audience. However, I do not believe a straight up water powered car has ever been invented. As forementioned, fuel cells use certain water ingredients, but I expect it will be a while before the technology is developed that would allow me to fill my gas tank up with my garden hose, and ride off into the sunset.

a Japanese company made a car which runs on water. I saw it on the news once.

The guy held a cup to the back of the exhaust and then drank the water.

Pretty cool stuff

Even if someone had managed to invent such a car the oil companies would give him more money to keep it quiet than to release it commercially.

It doesn't run on water, but hydrogen. It is based on fuel cell technology which will produce pure water on the exhaust. Well.. you get a car and a water purifier system at the same time.

Water or air who's care as long it move whistling2.gif. I remember two men on telly got a car running on coke and that was going a while back and nothing more was heard of it.....

Intriguing, and highly unique. Does it run on hot air? If it does, I have some co-workers that can fill 5 tanks and then some.

laugh.giflaugh.gif Another comedian in the forum.

I guess this is where the water comes in handy--dump it on them if they get out of hand. thumbsup.gifgrin2.gif

can not wait till the inventor makes the air car works!!!

I don't have to get on a plane anymore, just get into my air car and go to another country for a holiday, well at least I know that my chair on the air car has more leg room. I can just pack a box or two of lunches and dinners for my trip.

Not only that, I can just skip the road traffix because there is no regulation for excessive speeding in the air or sky!!!

I saw the prototype of the air car on the TV, it just manages to hover a few feet of the air, somewhat unstable, it just kept swing left to right alot.

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifclap.gifclap.gifbounce.gifbounce.gif

Are you talking about a car here ? Your description sounds very much like the AVRO CAR, which was a 1950's project with the aim of producing a FLYING SAUCER ! It only ever managed to hover a few feet above the ground, and it swayed back and forth alarmingly.

Let's face it, trying to get a saucer shaped vehicle to fly in the 1950's (and powered by a jet engine, no less) was a waste of time........unless it was all a public front to hide what was really going on (probably at Area 51)..... rolleyes.gif

geeohn,

were you talking about this air car

besides, an air car and a car running on air is different

an air car? As if traffic jams on the ground weren't bad enough............

blink.gifwacko.gif