Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jamie Lynn Speers

Neognosis

her target audience is a bunch of little girls that want to be "just like her".

I don't think that

little girls will want to get pregnant now

because JLS did at age 16.

Unless your children are a bunch of total dumbasses.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neognosis

• truethat

• ravergirl

• chaosdarksoulz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figured you had an agenda. Makes sense now.

It should have made sense when I outlined the whole thing in my first post.

Wow..just...wow.

People who want to take the livelyhood of an expectant mother away....I'm a nearly speachless.

I can't appreciate that at all.

Yes. Why be speechless? Kids look up to the stars of the Disney shows. There is nothing positive to look up to her. I don't think she belongs on Disney.

The big issue to me is statatory rape charges. In both LA and CA, (where she lives and where she films) there are laws about a 19 year old getting a 16 year old pregnant. Throughout the US people have been persecuted for the same infraction, her boyfriend should be no different - legally a man engaging in acts with a kid.

There is nothing positive to look up to her.

I think a person taking responsibility for a mistake

and not having an abortion

is something to look up to

Some 16 year olds have sex

they should learn that there are consequences

And to take responsibility.

The right can't have it both ways

you can't want to end abortion

And also ridicule and ostracize a girl in that situation

for those of you who don't mind abortions

there's no issue there

but it's still not right

to judge and ostracize someone in a difficult position

because of a mistake

I don't think that

Jamie Lynn is the dumba**. Not my children. No matter how you try to justify it. This little twit should not be on disney as a role model.

By your posts, it sounds like you are related to Ms."I am knocked Up" Speers.

The big issue to me is statatory rape charges. In both LA and CA, (where she lives and where she films) there are laws about a 19 year old getting a 16 year old pregnant. Throughout the US people have been persecuted for the same infraction, her boyfriend should be no different - legally a man engaging in acts with a kid.

I think that's total BS too.

She might be a legal minor, but she's no child

This guy should not be labeled a pedophile or sex offender

for doing what goes on in every red blooded american high school

Jamie Lynn is the dumba**. Not my children....This little twit should not be on disney as a role model.

Maybe your kids, if they are so impressionable, should have different role models than television.

I think a person taking responsibility for a mistake-- She had NO CHOICE. It would get out anyway. Nothing to look up to about that.

and not having an abortion

is something to look up to

Some 16 year olds have sex

they should learn that there are consequences- The consequences is that she is fired from Disney.Pretty good one I think.

And to take responsibility.

The right can't have it both ways

you can't want to end abortion

And also ridicule and ostracize a girl in that situation-------Life is a B.

for those of you who don't mind abortions

there's no issue there

but it's still not right

to judge and ostracize someone in a difficult position

because of a mistake

I think that's total BS too.

She might be a legal minor, but she's no child

This guy should not be labeled a pedophile or sex offender

for doing what goes on in every red blooded american high school

He has been banging her for awhile(this child). If it was my daughter he knocked up, then going to jail would be the easy option.

Maybe your kids, if they are so impressionable, should have different role models than television.

Its not that they should be their role models, but its just what happens.

I don't think that

i would be willing to bet you ANYTHING that atleast one little girl, somewhere (probably many more than that) will think it's cool to get pregnant, because JLS did. i guarantee it. and guess what, even if it's just one - that's too many.

you have failed to answer my other question (i've posted it twice now). how do you know she wouldn't get an abortion if she didn't think someone would find out??? she may not be the "little moral angel" you think she is. once the story was out, she COULDN'T get an abortion then.

I think a person taking responsibility for a mistake-- She had NO CHOICE. It would get out anyway. Nothing to look up to about that.

You don't know that. There are, I'm sure, plenty of celebrities who've had abortions and nobody ever finds out about it.

She messed up. Do you really think that your judgement is going to make your kids stay celibate until they are married? do you really think that a million years of evolutionary urges is going to be supplanted by your finger pointing?

What good do you think the condemnation is going to accomplish?

Are you really that scared that your kids will go off and get pregnant if you don't make a big fuss out of ostracizing a pregnant teenager?

i would be willing to bet you ANYTHING that atleast one little girl, somewhere (probably many more than that) will think it's cool to get pregnant, because JLS did.

if that's true, that little girl has serious problems and probably would have gotten into trouble anyway.

you have failed to answer my other question (i've posted it twice now). how do you know she wouldn't get an abortion if she didn't think someone would find out??? she may not be the "little moral angel" you think she is. once the story was out, she COULDN'T get an abortion then.

I don't know that anymore than you can know that the couldn't have gotten a secret abortion and it would have never gotten out.

I don't think she's necessary a "little moral angel."

But the message is, if you get pregnant, have an abortion and keep it quiet, or we'll make your life a living hell.

I don't agree with that message.

He has been banging her for awhile(this child). If it was my daughter he knocked up, then going to jail would be the easy option.

Its not that they should be their role models, but its just what happens.

That's for sure, look at all the publicity that goes along with the shows? If they weren't trying ot get little girls attention, then they wouldn't be making dolls of these characters as well as books, posters, etc. Of course that is what is happening, they are becoming role models. And to me the issue, again, is not that she is pregnant, it is the fact that she was not practicing safe sex. She's lucky that she 'just' got pregnant. With the way that STDs are running rampant in the younger crowd, she very easily could have gotten much worse. THAT is the reason that I wouldn't want my daughter to watch any shows that this girl is in. It is not cool to play Russian Roulette with STDs.

You don't know that. There are, I'm sure, plenty of celebrities who've had abortions and nobody ever finds out about it.--She couldn't get an abortion with out her mom's permission. So she probably didn't have a choice. She messed up. Do you really think that your judgement is going to make your kids stay celibate until they are married? do you really think that a million years of evolutionary urges is going to be supplanted by your finger pointing? --- No, but just as you said there consequences to actions. One is you loos your job on Disney.

What good do you think the condemnation is going to accomplish?- I could care less how she takes it.

Are you really that scared that your kids will go off and get pregnant if you don't make a big fuss out of ostracizing a pregnant teenager?

Truthfully. I couldn't care either way. I have no sympathy for rich celeberties.

By the way, this should be laid at the mother's feet since she apparently was letting her daughter live with this man.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

I have no sympathy for rich celeberties.

Her monetary status makes no difference to me.

I simply have a problem with an attitude that encourages girls in trouble to get abortions rather then take responsibility.

At 16, you can have an abortion in a lot of places.

Her monetary status makes no difference to me.

I simply have a problem with an attitude that encourages girls in trouble to get abortions rather then take responsibility.

At 16, you can have an abortion in a lot of places.

i don't think anyone has said she should get an abortion. the concensus seems to be that she should lose her show on disney because her audience is a bunch of young & impressionable girls. that is all. other than that - i don't care if she has a baby or what she does. i really don't think anyone else does either. i think she has sh!t in her hat as far as her show goes though & rightly so.

i don't think anyone has said she should get an abortion.

What I don't understand is that if conservatives want women to have fewer abortions, why do they make it such an attractive option through the condemnation and ostracization?

Personally, I think it abhorant to try to stop people from expressing their opinions and views on morality just so one irresponsible girl's decision is easier for her to make.

Who made you the grand judger of all people? What right do you have to judge someone else anyway?

What? Did you read what I wrote? Or was it the use of the word 'irresponsible' that made me "the grand judger?" You don't think getting pregant at 16 is irresponsible? You believe that making pregnant teens' decisions easier for them supercedes free speech?

The girl made the choice to have sex. Whatever choice she makes next is HERS. If she's going to be a parent, she'd better start taking responsibility fast, and standing up to the condemnation of peers/parents/public is a good start.

That's fine if your position is that you don't mind abortions. I don't think it is the public's job to raise a child, tell anyone what to do, or facilitate decision making.

Myself, I'm pro-choice legislatively, but pro-life practically and personally. So am I.

If I don't want teenage girls aborting fetusus, I probably should not make a big deal out of condemning and ostracizing them.

You seem to believe that it is the public's responsibility to make sure that irresponsible teenagers do not have abortions. I do not.

What? Did you read what I wrote? Or was it the use of the word 'irresponsible' that made me "the grand judger?" You don't think getting pregant at 16 is irresponsible? You believe that making pregnant teens' decisions easier for them supercedes free speech?

No, of course not. What' I'm puzzled by is:

if conservatives want women to have fewer abortions, why do they make it such an attractive option through the condemnation and ostracization?

You seem to believe that it is the public's responsibility to make sure that irresponsible teenagers do not have abortions. I do not.

It is not my responsibity, but if I want a world in which there are fewer abortions, I probably should try to contribute to an atmosphere where the option is less attractive. By condemning and ostracizing a pregnant teen, aren't I making abortion a more attractive option?

So why is the right so fast to ostracize a pregnant girl when doing so makes abortion more attractive to other pregnant teens?

What I don't understand is that if conservatives want women to have fewer abortions, why do they make it such an attractive option through the condemnation and ostracization?

dude - it's soo simple. all this is because of WHO she is & WHAT she does. if it were just your average ordinary 16 yr. old girl - nobody would really care. she is larger than life to alot of little girls. her being pregnant just isn't cool.

if it were just your average ordinary 16 yr. old girl - nobody would really care.

I think that there would be a few people even in my own neighborhood who would ostracize one of the neighborhood teens if she got pregnant. I hope I'm wrong.

her being pregnant just isn't cool.

I agree, it's not cool. But neither is the ugly condemnation. And my point is that a 16 year old girl, scared and alone, pregnant, is going to see that and be more scared of carying the child to term. Instead, abortion would look so much more attractive.

so why are conservatives making abortion look like a good alternative to humiliation and ostracization, if they supposedly want fewer abortions?

Do you see my point?

I think that there would be a few people even in my own neighborhood who would ostracize one of the neighborhood teens if she got pregnant. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree, it's not cool. But neither is the ugly condemnation. And my point is that a 16 year old girl, scared and alone, pregnant, is going to see that and be more scared of carying the child to term. Instead, abortion would look so much more attractive.

so why are conservatives making abortion look like a good alternative to humiliation and ostracization, if they supposedly want fewer abortions?

Do you see my point?

If she was an average girl in my neighborhood, I would care less. I would wish her well. This pampered star needs a slap of reality and she is going to get it by loosing her show.

If she was an average girl in my neighborhood, I would care less. I would wish her well.

Would you let her babysit your kids?