Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jamie Lynn Speers

Neognosis

:lol: not a chance, cause I'll probably lose!

:lol::clap:

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neognosis

• truethat

• ravergirl

• chaosdarksoulz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, my 10 yr old daughter watches her Disney show religiously and whether we like/agree with it or not, pre-teens DO see these actors as role models......When I heard about it, I wasn't too impressed, I thought this sister might have had more brains than Britney.....Then again Britney was married and an adult when she had her two kids.....

Unfortunately, if Jamie was another typical pimply teenager who lived down the street, my daughter would call her a loser but since she's a super-cool movie star who got pregnant at 16 with her live-in boyfriend :( , my daughter and her friends might think it's okay/allowed......I actually asked her the other day how she felt about the news and she just shrugged.....That worries me......

Bottom line is She's TOO YOUNG TO BE HAVING SEX or is that little tidbit not a big deal.

This wouldn't matter at all if she was 21. It is illegal for her to have sex with an adult.

Would you say the same thing about drugs Neo? If she got busted shooting up heroin would you say "Well at least she got arrested and she's dealing with her mistake?"

Getting pregnant is not the realm of many options and I've seen quite a few girls deny the reality of it or just not realize they were pregnant until it was too late.

And as far as supporting her and such things, well frankly this whole SAFE SEX argument is a bunch of baloney. Teaching kids that having sex when they are 16 as long as they are "safe" doesn't lead to less PREGNANCY it just leads to more abortions.

So I think she should be vilified for illegally having sex with an adult. If it was any other illegal activity then I'm sure you wouldn't care if she lost her job.

And frankly I think she got pregnant on purpose.

Cheese go home. :lol:

Lol i'm serious.But her show on nick will be cancelled..

Apparently Nickelodeon are talking about screening a pregnancy special :huh:

Link

"Rather than focus strictly on Spears, Ellerbee said she's considering producing a broad discussion about how people know they're in love, when is the right time to have sex and what are the value systems of their parents and friends. It could air as soon as next month.

"Right now what Nick is trying to do — and what I am trying to do — is figure out what is the best thing to do for kids," she said."

And in regards to her show

Although Nick executives are still discussing the future of Zoey 101, it's considered unlikely that it would shelve the final season.

I guess they're waiting to hear public opinion before they take any action. I think they're trying to see whether or not this will be good for them in terms of viewership and money.

Apparently Nickelodeon are talking about screening a pregnancy special :huh:

Link

And in regards to her show

I guess they're waiting to hear public opinion before they take any action. I think they're trying to see whether or not this will be good for them in terms of viewership and money.

Lol wow.. They should just drop the show..

Since when is she a role model? Since when does anyone even know/care who she is.

Anyways, people have way to much on their hands, they dont have right meddling in her buisness.

****, everyone.

As long as she raises the children better then her sister (who for the love of god I never want to hear sing/speak again, there should be a limit on the amount of t.v time celebs get, how bout writing some new shows or reporting real news you lil ****** ********)

Alirght rant over..

Oh and most people who watch nickolodeon don't know what sex is yet and they think the opposite gender has cooties.

I'm coming into this late, and I don't know if it's been said or not, but I think not aborting it was an absolutely ridiculous choice on her part. She has effectively screwed herself out of any chance of having a career past this point. To each her own, but I would have scheduled an appointment the second the test showed up positive. The last thing she needs is a baby.

I'm coming into this late, and I don't know if it's been said or not, but I think not aborting it was an absolutely ridiculous choice on her part. She has effectively screwed herself out of any chance of having a career past this point. To each her own, but I would have scheduled an appointment the second the test showed up positive. The last thing she needs is a baby.

Thats horrible.

:no:

:gun: This thread is not about abortion.Both jamie and her sister are a few beers short of a six pack,and i do not think their choice of life style should be on public display,they have zoo's for this kind of behaviour. :lol:

hmm don't know about that. This is Hollywood we're talking about - any press is pretty much good press. I reckon she'll be back in a few years time, do a nice mature photoshoot and interview with OK! magazine, cry a little, talk about what she had to endure, and everyone will cry with her and all will be forgiven. Her baby will be about 3, just old enough for his/her own MTV reality show - the Making of Baby's First Album.

they have zoo's for this kind of behaviour. :lol:

:lol: Damn, now I'm torn between watching the baboons scratch their butts and watching the Jamie Lynn pregnancy drama unfold.

Edited by NatalieK

hmm don't know about that. This is Hollywood we're talking about - any press is pretty much good press. I reckon she'll be back in a few years time, do a nice mature photoshoot and interview with OK! magazine, cry a little, talk about what she had to endure, and everyone will cry with her and all will be forgiven. Her baby will be about 3, just old enough for his/her own MTV reality show - the Making of Baby's First Album.

:lol: Damn, now I'm torn between watching the baboons scratch their butts and watching the Jamie Lynn pregnancy drama unfold.

LOL! Oh, boy, but really...........

LOL :lol: dib's on what's better entertainment! :lol:

Oh I don't doubt that there will be a reality show, but she won't have the kind of career she could have had if not for this little incident. You're dead on with the Ok magazine thing too, but she's not a good enough actress to pull off a future career. Her best chance was to keep her show until she was old enough to move into regular tv/Amanda Byne's styled movies, and people would watch her, because she was familiar. She'll have to stop working for a couple years, and by then, no one will remember/care about her.

Would you say the same thing about drugs Neo? If she got busted shooting up heroin would you say "Well at least she got arrested and she's dealing with her mistake?"

No. You can't make a drug problem go away by having an abortion.

This wouldn't matter at all if she was 21. It is illegal for her to have sex with an adult.

In some states a 16 year old can have sex with a 19 year old legally.

Teaching kids that having sex when they are 16 as long as they are "safe" doesn't lead to less PREGNANCY it just leads to more abortions.

that's patently false. Do you have evidence to back up the absurd idea that teaching about safer sex leads to more abortions?

I submit that the condemning and ostracization of a girl who gets herself into a situation like this contributs to more abortions, though.

And frankly I think she got pregnant on purpose

I suppose that's possible, but a pretty baseless judgment on your part. Do you have anything to support that?

So I think she should be vilified for illegally having sex with an adult.

I don't think she should be vilified. People make mistakes, they mess up. What good is vilifying her going to do? What message does vilifying a pregnant teenager send to the rest of the kids in our society? That cruelty and judgement, and ostracization are good things?

Like Charles Barkley said "Raise your own F'ing Kids."

Are we really endorsing villifying a pregnant teenage girl?

Can't we just explain to our kids how this happens, why it's not good, and use it as an opportunity to teach our kids about sex and the consequences of sex, while showing some compassion?

Totally agree with tralala - personally, I am pro choice and occasionally yes, not going through with the pregnancy might be a good thing.

And, as so many already said: The Spears mother is definately one horse short of a full stable....

I asked my son's if they herd that Brittneys little sister was pregnant....they said what that little girl on Zoey? How dumb is she dont she know about safe sex? The older one said noooo I guess not shes pregnant, right away my younger son says that cricket my little girl cant watch Disney no more. Stick to the cartoon network he says,well she likes cartoon network better anyway. Besides SpongeBob she love CHEESE on Fosters house of Imaginary Friends she always says "Go home Cheese" :lol: I think its safe to say neither spongebob or cheese will be getting pregnant. I hope? Their boys!!!! :lol:

I asked my son's if they herd that Brittneys little sister was pregnant....they said what that little girl on Zoey? How dumb is she dont she know about safe sex? The older one said noooo I guess not shes pregnant, right away my younger son says that cricket my little girl cant watch Disney no more. Stick to the cartoon network he says,well she likes cartoon network better anyway. Besides SpongeBob she love CHEESE on Fosters house of Imaginary Friends she always says "Go home Cheese" :lol: I think its safe to say neither spongebob or cheese will be getting pregnant. I hope? Their boys!!!! :lol:

Lol yeah their boys

Jamie Lynn Spears was never really a good role model. I have seen the show before, she is a horrible actress. If your role model is a crappy actress who only got their own show because their sister was some pop-sensation (before she went crazy), then you are equally going to be messed up. It saddens me how some people consider Paris Hilton a role model, do they even know how she got so famous?

I don't even know how she got famous, and I read A LOT OF BOOKS.

Lol she just got famous because of her last name..

Edited by ~Cheese~

No. You can't make a drug problem go away by having an abortion.

:hmm: OK and so your answer is NO you would not say this because it would be a ridiculous answer. Guess what, the problem is not the pregnancy. Its that she is irresponsibly having illegal sex, the pregnancy is just proof of this.

In some states a 16 year old can have sex with a 19 year old legally.

If she can't in Florida then what is the point to this?

I submit that the condemning and ostracization of a girl who gets herself into a situation like this contributs to more abortions, though.

Based on what? I submit that blowing off having sex at 16 as being no big deal is what contributes to more sex and abortion all around. Newsflash if you don't have sex you can't get pregnant in the first place.

The reason people are upset as a role model is not that she got pregnant per se but that pregnancy reveals that she's been having sex at 16. THIS is what most parents are upset about.

I suppose that's possible, but a pretty baseless judgment on your part. Do you have anything to support that?

No but do you have anything to support that she is this moral person you keep spouting off about? She's not exactly coming from the family of good parents is she?

I don't think she should be vilified. People make mistakes, they mess up. What good is vilifying her going to do? What message does vilifying a pregnant teenager send to the rest of the kids in our society? That cruelty and judgement, and ostracization are good things?

Like Charles Barkley said "Raise your own F'ing Kids."

Are we really endorsing villifying a pregnant teenage girl?

Can't we just explain to our kids how this happens, why it's not good, and use it as an opportunity to teach our kids about sex and the consequences of sex, while showing some compassion?

You don't understand why parents are upset. Frankly I could give two dips, I don't care its her life. However you are so "poooor baby" about this and as someone else said, part of the responsibility in life is dealing with the fall out of her choices.

Bottom line, she has a career that most young women would love to have, its really quite an opportunity and it has been built on the back of these young women who look up to her as a role model. No one forced her into this role, its not as though as you pointed out she was a young woman minding her own business and she got pregnant and the press swooped in. She placed her self on a tv show and offered herself as a role model to young teens.

Then she went and had careless sex and got pregnant. No one is vilifying her for getting pregnant. They are vilifying her for illegally having SEX. Now in your mind (I know you have this idea that sex drive is something you can't control so I understand you have a hard time understanding this) she's being vilified for "keeping the baby" Cue Madonna song.

But that is not why she is upsetting so many people. Its that she did something illegal and wrong for her age and the pregnancy showed this. She's also in a position of extreme wealth so obviously her choice is not something that's going to be the same as a regular teens.

So take it from an opposite point of view. JL Spears gets pregnant and keeps the baby. So it lets young 16 year olds believe that its not the end of the world if you happen to get pregnant. So stop stressing right? Don't think twice about having sex. If you get pregnant you can keep the baby. Look and Jamie Lynn! She did! And she's not falling apart!

Except what typical 16 year old is prepared enough to have a baby? She's way too young to be having a baby.

Who is supposed to take care of all these 16 year old mother's babies that you seem to think is swell jell to encourage them to have instead of an abortion?

Its not about the pregnancy. Its about the idea that it sends a message that having sex at 16 is ok and if you get pregnant you can do what Jamie did and keep the baby.

So when your typical unemployed 16 year old without the team of assistants and the million dollar bank account, gets pregnant and keeps the baby because that's what JL did we can call it a victory??????

Wake up and smell the coffee....you are living in a dream world.

ETA

One of the reasons also this is so upsetting is quite honestly 16 year olds are not this girls' fans. Most fans of her are probably in the 12-14 year old range.

Edited by truethat