Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jamie Lynn Speers

Neognosis

pukes into bucket and promptly pours over truethat's head....thats only a fraction of the filth

Keep going baby. It all wipes off. B)

And no one I see here is slamming a "child's business" I love how now she's a child. So a child's business getting pregnant is what? Her own deal. Leave her alone?

Its like MMW pointed out. The industry of young women that this kind of behavior applies to.

Edited by truethat

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neognosis

• truethat

• ravergirl

• chaosdarksoulz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one on the way, but what I DO have is 5 years experience shooting and writing television news. TRUST me, they fished for that girl and messed their pants in joy when they finally got her.

I really don't think that many middle class, 16 year old american girls reactions to finding out that they are pregnant is going to be "yay! Just like Jamie Lynn! This is going to be great!" no matter how we treat her. Do you really think that a failure to condemn and ostracize JLS is going to make normal, 16 year old girls excited to be pregnant at 16?

I don't think so.

what a character does on tv

would not be such a problem

if you raised your own kids more

and left them alone with the tv less

you should have never have shared the fact that you make your living this way. And BTW, just wait till your child is born and see if all this mumbo jumbo stuff actually works. The rest of us who already have learned better will be here to listen to you eat crow.

Keep going baby. It all wipes off. B)

whatever...

Spears is spelt with an a btw

I still say to leave her alone

you should have never have shared the fact that you make your living this way. And BTW, just wait till your child is born and see if all this mumbo jumbo stuff actually works. The rest of us who already have learned better will be here to listen to you eat crow.

Truethat

I love hearing all the expert advice from NON Parents who then wind up having to admit they were talking out the hole in their butt when it comes to dealing with REAL reality.

I don't make my living that way any longer. I left that business in 2000.

And why not? Who cares that I used to work in local news?

When my child is born,

I will teach her compassion above condemnation.

I will teach her not to ostracize a friend who made a bad choice but now needs her

And i will encourage her to wait to have sex

but also to understand how to be safer when she decides she's ready

How horrible

What a terrible father I'll be

I'll also spend enough time with her

and be a part of her life

so she won't have to turn

to the television for a role model

I love hearing all the expert advice from NON Parents

My intention is not to tell you how to raise your kids

Just to find out why conservatives who claim to be against abortion

react in such a way that it seems like a good alternative

to being called a whore and ostracized.

Its that people are tired of bimbos and ****s being held up as icons to their children. And its everywhere. No matter how much you don't want to hear about Paris or Lindsay its everywhere.

Kids need help in learning responsibility. The Hollywood bimbos don't get that help at home. They need to be told to wash the dishes, take the garbage out and otherwise live like real people, without servants and fans hanging on their every word. They're just not as important as they've been led to believe.

I'm using the Speirs as examples of what not to be. How would you like to be her kid? This person is the one who will have to raise you. Sounds like the next generation is getting an early start on getting screwed up - pardon the pun.

We were crude and careless frontiersmen

With much in us of the beast.

We could bare the famine worthily

But lost our heads at the feast.

--Robert Service

I will teach her compassion above condemnation.

I will teach her not to ostracize a friend who made a bad choice but now needs her

Ok, as a parent who in-so-far raised a proper girl (she's 20) with proper sense of self, AND did it in a completely untraditional manner... (she was a "jet-set" kid who spent most of her youth on airplanes, in fancy hotels, in the care of foreign child care workers, myself and even grandparents, and one whom I emancipated at age 15 right into a semi-adult world of college) Here's what I think...

1. I taught compassion, but not compassion above common sense. There's the fine line. When one of her few friends her age started messing around and having unprotected sex, my daughter made her disapproval crystal clear. Not because sex is wrong, but because my daughter knew that this young woman would NEVER have the means to support a kid. She did in a sense condem her friend with the TRUTH. All my daughter told her was "When you've straighted yourself out, please, call me" As it stands, her friend did straighten out... but the girls aren't all that close anymore, they have nothing in common.

2. I taught, you don't allow other people to pull you into THEIR drama. My girlfriends were a great example... they are my friends, they will always be my friends, they were wise enough to show support in that they threw a cute little baby shower and stuff, but they refused to be pulled into my drama any further than that. Thank GOD. What I needed in the way of help would have been well beyond what they could have given me.

You just don't know until you're at that point.

When one of her few friends her age started messing around and having unprotected sex, my daughter made her disapproval crystal clear.

How did she do that? And if her friend got pregnant, what would you have your child do?

that was good MMW

How did she do that? And if her friend got pregnant, what would you have your child do?

Well, she laid it flat out on the line and told her that if she was interested in sleeping around, drinking, and being a fly-party-girl at the age of 15/16, she could do that, but that she (my daughter) wanted nothing to do with it. And because of that, they probably wouldn't be spending weekends together, or going to parties together because it simply wasn't my daughter's gig. In addition, since I taught that you don't allow other people's drama to be your own, she told her friends up front, "if you want to live your lives as drama queens, great, don't involve me" Oddly, her friends took well to this philosophy and they are still friends although they are not inseparable.

Had she turned up pg (which she didn't) I have no idea what my daughter would have done. I'm not even sure I could guess, she has tendency to make the right decisions at the right time based on the situation.

my wifes mother told her one thing, you show up pregnant at 16 find another place to live because she already raised her babies and wasn't interested in more. Your problem made, your problem to solve.

my wifes mother told her one thing, you show up pregnant at 16 find another place to live because she already raised her babies and wasn't interested in more. Your problem made, your problem to solve.

Boo ya. :yes:

Well Sixxman, I'm not all that wild about that methodology either. Had my parents done that, I'd never be where I am today, neither would my daughter. And that would have been tragic.

It didn't mean they petted me and cosseted me and showed me compassion I didn't deserve... what they did do quite effectively was hold my feet to the fire... for the first time in my entire life. Better late than never.

I really don't think that was her mom's motivation, see her mom was pregnant at 16 so I really think it was her way of trying to teach her daughter to avoid the same. I wouldn't boot my own daughter myself, because I actually live in the real world where its understood that things happen, most of it is beyond your control. You can fight it but it just ends up throwing you through the wringer with little to no effect. If you go with the flow you will have more opportunity to affect change. Once something like this happens no amount of hysteria or recrimination will change that basic fact that it happened so all the effort wasted is just that, a waste. Its a changed situation that is permanent. But I would put the parties responsible feet to the flame so they get the message that play time is well and truly over. I have two daughters and these are the things I think of Daily.

And PS its STIXXMAN, you keep misspelling it and I can't figure if its on purpose as an insult or what.

Edited by Stixxman

I really don't think that was her mom's motivation, see her mom was pregnant at 16 so I really think it was her way of trying to teach her daughter to avoid the same. I wouldn't boot my own daughter myself, because I actually live in the real world where its understood that things happen, most of it is beyond your control. You can fight it but it just ends up throwing you through the wringer with little to no effect. If you go with the flow you will have more opportunity to affect change. Once something like this happens no amount of hysteria or recrimination will change that basic fact that it happened so all the effort wasted is just that, a waste. Its a changed situation that is permanent. But I would put the parties responsible feet to the flame so they get the message that play time is well and truly over. I have two daughters and these are the things I think of Daily.

And PS its STIXXMAN, you keep misspelling it and I can't figure if its on purpose as an insult or what.

Would I actually kick my daughter out? Probably not, but its a good threat.

Dang Sixxmann dont blow up. :P

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

you gotta at least make the threat I think

Maybe I should just make this simple.

16 year olds should not be pregnant.

If they are, the couple should be ashamed at themselves for a myriad of reasons. They have made their lives much more difficult than it ever had to be.

I have no sympathy or compassion for people that recklessly have sex and wind up pregnant.

I have no sympathy or compassion because they KNOW BETTER. It's no mystery how you get pregnant. Biology is NOT an excuse for stupidity or improper behavior. If it was, it would be a rock-solid defense in rape cases. 'Just trying to propagate my genes your honor...you know, biology and all that".

I don't teach my kids to hate and shun and stone pregnant teens. I teach my kids to fear becoming like them. I teach them responsibility. If they want that responsibility, take it. But it's all yours. And here is what it's gonna feel like. NO ONE wants to be a 16 year old parent in todays society, unless they happen to be 16 year old expecting parents, or they just don't have a clue.

What Spears should be told is, "What you did was wrong. You have no business having a baby at 16, and you're a role model whether you like it or not, and you have let down the parents of your fan-base. If you are a responsible adult, you will step out of the lime-light, publicly apologize to your fans, and urge teenagers NOT to emulate you. Have your baby, act like a damn adult, then get back into show business if that's what you want to do."

Actually I agree with your outlook on this one... and naw, I just keep reading your nick wrong.. I'm quite far-sighted and the i and t keep looking like one blury letter to me. I need to see the eye doc. LOL

that".

I don't teach my kids to hate and shun and stone pregnant teens. I teach my kids to fear becoming like them. I teach them responsibility.

Exactly.

According to the rumours- :innocent:

I think they're going to have to DNA test the Disney team and find out who the real father is..

Oi..no laughing you lot.. and get back to work...

linked-image

According to the rumours- :innocent:

I think they're going to have to DNA test the Disney team and find out who the real father is..

Oi..no laughing you lot.. and get back to work...

linked-image

Its Mickey. I just know it. :P

Ok, so this 16 year old chick gets pregnant. That's bad. But it happens. No matter what abstinence you preach, kids will still have sex. No matter how much you educate them on birth controll, someone will screw up. It's bad, but it does happen.

No it's not! And she didnt screw up, stop making it sound like she did something wrong!

But i've been listening to various pundits go on about what a rotten role model she is, how disney needs to cancel her show, how she's an example of everything that's wrong with American society, that she's a tramp and irresponsible, etc. etc. and she's making a mockery of American values.

American Western society is disgusting in the first place! And wait... American values? I think they might mean... Christian fundamentalist values. And how is she a tramp and irresponsible? Maybe if more girls got pregnant at 16 there wouldn't be so many ****s! If having a kid doesn't make you responsible I don't know what will!

Its Mickey. I just know it. :P

lol definitely not goofy! "Uhgghuk duuh what am I doing? Uhggur"

No it's not! And she didnt screw up, stop making it sound like she did something wrong!

American Western society is disgusting in the first place! And wait... American values? I think they might mean... Christian fundamentalist values. And how is she a tramp and irresponsible? Maybe if more girls got pregnant at 16 there wouldn't be so many ****s! If having a kid doesn't make you responsible I don't know what will!

Whatever dude...

If having kids made you responsible that would be fine. But squirting out a fetus does NOT = responsible. Precisely BECAUSE western society is so disgusting, having a child does NOT create a sense of responsibility, but rather a sense of ENTITLEMENT.

Like, "I had a baby, where is my welfare check? Where is my respect? You better treat me like an adult no matter how stupid I act, because I squirted out a fetus. Having sex makes me a grown-up dammit! Now gimme my job/respect/money/home/etc."

Whatever dude...

If having kids made you responsible that would be fine. But squirting out a fetus does NOT = responsible. Precisely BECAUSE western society is so disgusting, having a child does NOT create a sense of responsibility, but rather a sense of ENTITLEMENT.

Like, "I had a baby, where is my welfare check? Where is my respect? You better treat me like an adult no matter how stupid I act, because I squirted out a fetus. Having sex makes me a grown-up dammit! Now gimme my job/respect/money/home/etc."

A person like you described wouldn't purposely have a child.