Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jamie Lynn Speers

Neognosis

HOW CAN YOU ASK A 16 YR OLD TO BE RESPONSIBE! IF SHE CANT PRACTICE SAFE SEX HOW THE HELL CAN SHE BE RESPONSIBLE AND TAKE CARE (RAISE) A BABY!!!! She is wealthy she will have other people raise this child so stop the bull crap putting her on a pedestal when she should be telling other young girls this is not a good thing!!! :angry:

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neognosis

• truethat

• ravergirl

• chaosdarksoulz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOW CAN YOU ASK A 16 YR OLD TO BE RESPONSIBE! IF SHE CANT PRACTICE SAFE SEX HOW THE HELL CAN SHE BE RESPONSIBLE AND TAKE CARE (RAISE) A BABY

I know lots of adults

some in their 30's

that conceived without meaning to

She is wealthy she will have other people raise this child so stop the bull crap putting her on a pedestal when she should be telling other young girls this is not a good thing!!!

I would like to tell other young girls

that it's ok to NOT have an abortion

if you make a mistake and get pregnant

I don't want to send the message

that NOT having an abortion

gets you nothing but ridicule and condemnation

so you might as well have one

so people don't call you names and try to get you fired from your job

If she really wanted to be irresponsible

she could have just had an abortion and kept it secret

Instead she's lgetting called all sorts of vile nonsense

for doing what I think is the right thing

in a very bad situation

Edited by Neognosis

I know lots of adults

some in their 30's

that conceived without meaning to

I would like to tell other young girls

that it's ok to NOT have an abortion

if you make a mistake and get pregnant

I don't want to send the message

that NOT having an abortion

gets you nothing but ridicule and condemnation

How about the old saying? "You play, you pay." No excuses.

How about the old saying? "You play, you pay." No excuses.

Keeping the child is "paying"

aborting it would be ducking out on the check

Why make it harder for this girl

to mother her child?

She screwed up

what's done is done

again, can you explain why conservatives say they want less abortion, but then make abortion the most attractive option?

Keeping the child is "paying"

aborting it would be ducking out on the check

Why make it harder for this girl

to mother her child?

She screwed up

what's done is done

again, can you explain why conservatives say they want less abortion, but then make abortion the most attractive option?

I am conservative, but I want choice. If my daughter was pregnant , I would probably want her to have an abortion. Why would having an unwanted preganancy which could poetentially ruin a kid's life, be an attractive option? I think abortion would be much more attractive to a teenager.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

Will you please stop throwing the abortion word out there....man you have said it util I think maybe she should have. First I myself NEVER said she should get an abortion I said she was stupid,not responsible,wealthy and will have others raise her child. Every word you say has abortion in it. Give it a rest alot of us are saying this is a bad example for youg girls and she should not be allowed to continue her show...I got a headache.

Will you please stop throwing the abortion word out there

No, that is the central point of my argument, which is if you want there to be less abortions, you have to stop condemning and ostracizing kids who have made a mistake.

My point is that ostracizing unwed pregnant women

just makes them more likely to have an abortion

It doesn't make sense to me how some conservatives claim to be against abortion

yet do things that drive people towards having one.

No, that is the central point of my argument, which is if you want there to be less abortions, you have to stop condemning and ostracizing kids who have made a mistake.

My point is that ostracizing unwed pregnant women

just makes them more likely to have an abortion

It doesn't make sense to me how some conservatives claim to be against abortion

yet do things that drive people towards having one.

i don't think it's condemning or ostracizing. even at the young age of 16, she herself probably completely understands the ramifications of what has happened to her. i bet she realizes the bad message it sends to all of her young adoring fans. if/when she loses her show, she will probably be less offended & upset about it than you seem to be.

Edited by klc9100

that's sad for her..

Jamie is keeping the child.

I think she shouldn't be on Disney anymore. >_<" I do agree with that.

As for her boyfriend he might be thrown in jail. And charged with some form of rape.

Jamie told her fans to wait for marriage before having kids. First, why didn't she follow her own advice? Second, she probably decided it was best to wait.

When I first heard this, I wanted to slap that little brat. Across the face so hard. >_<"

Then you better get in line and smack the entire sexual education system in the states because she is hardly the only 16 year old expectant mother.

I have a feeling she'll be better than britney and I think she'll handle herself well. I feel that the father will stay with her and this situation isen't as bad as it seems. I think it just looks bad becasue of britney's history on top of jamie's mishap.

The secret to being a roll model is not being one, just be yourself.

Edited by Mbyte

Honestly? Mrs. Spears (their mother) should have her head examined.

Something went wretchedly wrong in that family. Now, I emmancipated my daughter when she was 15, she skipped off to college at that age, and I no longer had any say in what she did. However, I obviously did something right because she never got into any kind of trouble at all. (no sex, no drinking, no smoking, no drugs!)

If Little Miss Spears were REALLY responsible and mature, she'd have worked out a way to quietly take a sabatical from Disney and slip off and have that baby and give it up for adoption--other hollyweird types have done it before. There's no way that kid is going to turn out normal or OK. Just look at these girls role models. Their parents have nearly destroyed them.

I rarely blame parents for much of anything... but someone did those girls wrong, and I'm willing to bet it's mommy dearest.

I have a feeling she'll be better than britney and I think she'll handle herself well. I feel that the father will stay with her and this situation isen't as bad as it seems. I think it just looks bad becasue of britney's history on top of jamie's mishap.

The secret to being a roll model is not being one, just be yourself.

I know how this goes, my older brother preceded me in school, and when I showed up all i heard was how I wasn't as well behaved as my brother. Its not my fault he never had friends :rolleyes:

This is why I pity these "teen role models". **** up once, even though thousands of other people the same age do the same thing, half the Western media calls you a wh*re. Teens shouldn't really be role models for children, they make mistakes, it's part of growing up. Speers is just lucky she doesn't have to dropout of school and screw up her whole life like so many other pregnant teens.

im just sad that 'famous' people are considered role models, their only qualification for giving advice is that they are famous. Its hard to find positive female role models for my daughters. So far all I have is a couple of astronauts and a few successful business ladies.

I have faith she will do good. what about me i'm a good role model :D

Edited by Mbyte

I have faith she will do good.

Faith and a quarter will buy you a cup of coffe. More than likely her child will be screwed up to. You can't live that family lifestyle without there being problems.

Faith and a quarter will buy you a cup of coffe. More than likely her child will be screwed up to. You can't live that family lifestyle without there being problems.

Especially when mainstream media and "concerned" parents keep reminding you that you are "America's favourate mistake".

I'm glad she's keeping it, and I think she knows she has alot to prove to the world in terms of being a parent because this is the Spears' family we're talking about. Her church seems to be standing beside her however (but then again she is famous). Young Hollywood seems to have a tendency to pass time with sex, drugs and alcohol, so to be honest I really wasn't suprised to hear Jamie Lynn was pregnant. I was surprised however that she told OK magazine that she was surprised by the pregnancy... I mean surely everyone knows that babies are conceived through sex, and even protected sex carries a risk? If you're sexually active, then it really shouldn't be a big surprise if you happen to get knocked up. Anyway, it doesn't seem to me that Jamie Lynn is being as condemned as her mother is, and even the baby's father seems to be getting alot of negative attention.

Oh, and I don't think Disney will fire her, only because they didn't fire that High School Musical girl for those nudie pics that didn't exactly scream "virgin."

I'm glad she's keeping it, and I think she knows she has alot to prove to the world in terms of being a parent because this is the Spears' family we're talking about. Her church seems to be standing beside her however (but then again she is famous). Young Hollywood seems to have a tendency to pass time with sex, drugs and alcohol, so to be honest I really wasn't suprised to hear Jamie Lynn was pregnant. I was surprised however that she told OK magazine that she was surprised by the pregnancy... I mean surely everyone knows that babies are conceived through sex, and even protected sex carries a risk? If you're sexually active, then it really shouldn't be a big surprise if you happen to get knocked up. Anyway, it doesn't seem to me that Jamie Lynn is being as condemned as her mother is, and even the baby's father seems to be getting alot of negative attention.

Oh, and I don't think Disney will fire her, only because they didn't fire that High School Musical girl for those nudie pics that didn't exactly scream "virgin."

Lets make a bet about that. You name the terms. :yes:

ya know, as screwed-up as brittney is, you would think the parents would have went above & beyond to try to "normalize" the others. i guess not. she may turn out to be even more screwed-up (she's gettin' an early start at it).

Lets make a bet about that. You name the terms. :yes:

:lol: not a chance, cause I'll probably lose!