Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No Consensus on Man-made Global Warming

jdlsmith

"Over 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries recently voiced significant objections to major aspects of the so-called "consensus" on man-made global warming. These scientists, many of whom are current and former participants in the UN IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), criticized the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore.

The new report issued by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee’s office of the GOP Ranking Member details the views of the scientists, the overwhelming majority of whom spoke out in 2007.

Even some in the establishment media now appear to be taking notice of the growing number of skeptical scientists. In October, the Washington Post Staff Writer Juliet Eilperin conceded the obvious, writing that climate skeptics "appear to be expanding rather than shrinking." Many scientists from around the world have dubbed 2007 as the year man-made global warming fears “bite the dust.” In addition, many scientists who are also progressive environmentalists believe climate fear promotion has "co-opted" the green movement.

This blockbuster Senate report lists the scientists by name, country of residence, and academic/institutional affiliation. It also features their own words, biographies, and weblinks to their peer reviewed studies and original source materials as gathered from public statements, various news outlets, and websites in 2007. This new “consensus busters” report is poised to redefine the debate.

Many of the scientists featured in this report consistently stated that numerous colleagues shared their views, but they will not speak out publicly for fear of retribution. Atmospheric scientist Dr. Nathan Paldor, Professor of Dynamical Meteorology and Physical Oceanography at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, author of almost 70 peer-reviewed studies, explains how many of his fellow scientists have been intimidated.

“Many of my colleagues with whom I spoke share these views and report on their inability to publish their skepticism in the scientific or public media,” Paldor wrote. [Note: See also July 2007 Senate report detailing how skeptical scientists have faced threats and intimidation"

Full Article Here

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jdlsmith

• capeo

• Wickian

• heinrich1858

Top Posters In This Topic

Man-made global warming is just the fad of the 2000's, it'll die off soon enough. Just like the great "global cooling" scare of a few decades ago and the huge scare over the hole in the ozone layer(I'm not sure what happened with that, news about it just kinda died away one day). Nothing but a scare to benefit politic endeavors with no creditable scientific data to support it.

The sad thing is if a few years go by and they refuse to admit we aren't causing it and the temperatures start going down, they're going to take credit for it...

Start googling the names in that report. Shockingly they all have ties to fossil fuel companies or conservative policy think tanks if they are even within their expertise. Well, not so shockingly actually.

Start googling the names in that report. Shockingly they all have ties to fossil fuel companies or conservative policy think tanks if they are even within their expertise. Well, not so shockingly actually.

That seems to be the major talking point on this issue from the 'global warming advocates'. Try googling some names that you trust and see where their loyalties lie. One of the major funding organizations is General Electric. They've done numerous programs (they and their subsidiaries) and yet they stand to make the most money from many 'conservation' technology items... it all comes down to money on the 'global warming scare' side.

What you don't know....

JS

Man-made global warming is just the fad of the 2000's, it'll die off soon enough. Just like the great "global cooling" scare of a few decades ago and the huge scare over the hole in the ozone layer(I'm not sure what happened with that, news about it just kinda died away one day). Nothing but a scare to benefit politic endeavors with no creditable scientific data to support it.

The sad thing is if a few years go by and they refuse to admit we aren't causing it and the temperatures start going down, they're going to take credit for it...

Actually, I remember in the early 90's 'man-made' global warming was spoken about frequently. The only reason it became a fad in the 2000's is because people finally realized it can be capitalized on. T-shirts, bumper stickers, picket signs, telethons, concerts, key-chains, movies...etc. Whether it is man-made or not I don't know. If it is, what is done is done. Both "Al-Gore" charts and Debunking scientific charts show that Earth is on a warming trend. I do not see the problem with alternative fuel and power sources just to be safe. Either way, fossil fuels aren't going to be here forever; and we need to start looking for alternatives anyway. Better safer than sorry, and prepared than not.

Actually, I remember in the early 90's 'man-made' global warming was spoken about frequently. The only reason it became a fad in the 2000's is because people finally realized it can be capitalized on. T-shirts, bumper stickers, picket signs, telethons, concerts, key-chains, movies...etc. Whether it is man-made or not I don't know. If it is, what is done is done. Both "Al-Gore" charts and Debunking scientific charts show that Earth is on a warming trend. I do not see the problem with alternative fuel and power sources just to be safe. Either way, fossil fuels aren't going to be here forever; and we need to start looking for alternatives anyway. Better safer than sorry, and prepared than not.

I agree with that! I'd like to see pv or wind power on the rise and nuclear power much more commonly used. Also, we need to work towards much more efficient use of energy...

I do think it's interesting that if you listen to the popular sources, you'll hear global warming as fact with no credible dissent. Stop the panic, start the reasoned and sensible work.

Imho,

JS

This is what p***es me off...its not wether global warming is real or not (it is..=/)

Its that it takes the threat of the world melting and being irreverebly scarred for people to give a sh**....

We have lost the battle if most ***** are this late to the goddam party...

*Punches a baby seal in an angry rage*

The climate has changed before and caused civilizations to disappear. We can and should however certainly clean up our act. After the Ozone layer story CFC'S Where banned. Still if you buy a spray can you see on its side noCFC'S. So some good came of this in the end.

If global warming scare will cause us to pollute less . great!!!!!! It is partly natural change in climate. With all the gasses we sent into the air and pollution we definitely have and impact on climate the earth and nature all that is debatetable is the extent of this impact.

Hope it will cause us to utilise green resources and screw the oil companies big time. Some competition never hurt anyone ;) (meaning competition via alternative energy sources- companies who provide them)