Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anybody know about this new movie?

the14u2cee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Cheese~

• BlindMessiah

• Fullmetalpanic7

• Archosaur

I haven't heard anything about it but the commercials of it reminded me of the blair witch project. With some home movie like shots.

I have no clue what it's about, despite seeing several hundred commercials on TV for it. That makes me happy. Finally, I can go see a movie and be completely surprised. :)

Thanks for the link 14, that was awesome!!!

I'll tell you one thing, if Lost is anything to go by, it'll take 5 sequals for this movie to have a real ending

This movie should be worth watching.

yeah i want to see that movie for sure. it's suppose to be about a monster attack on New York and it's done in the Blair Witch first person mode.

I can't wait to see it.

I can't wait to see it.

I heard that the idea was something like: it's time that America had it's own giant monster. I mean honestly, how long can we go importing giant monsters from Japan? Ever since King Kong became obsolete, we have lost the edge in getting crushed and eaten...

Edited by Archosaur

I keep seeing the commercials and I have no idea what the hell it is about!

Lol True.. I wonder what type of monster it is?

SPOILERS!!!!

Supposedly, it's a giant Lizard/Fish That was mesed with when a company that makes special Slushes called "Slusho". Everyone supposedly dies and you never really get a good look at the monsters but these weird bug things come off and bite people, IE The women expanding and crying blood in the trailer.

SPOILERS!!!!

Supposedly, it's a giant Lizard/Fish That was mesed with when a company that makes special Slushes called "Slusho". Everyone supposedly dies and you never really get a good look at the monsters but these weird bug things come off and bite people, IE The women expanding and crying blood in the trailer.

I will be so p***ed if they never show the creature... :angry2:

I think it'll be kept hidden until the last scene, where the truth will come out. Smoky got off the island! :tu:

I can't wait to see this movie. I've spent a long time tracking it through forums and such, so in my book it has a lot to live up to.

I can't wait to see this movie. I've spent a long time tracking it through forums and such, so in my book it has a lot to live up to.

What a geek... :P

Yeah, its about:

A party in NYC is interrupted when a giant monster (as tall as a skyscraper) decides to take a big bite out of the big apple. They also said that they won't show the monster either. Drag.

I watched the trailer and it looks chaotic. I won't go and see it for that reason alone. I don't want to sit through 2 hours of shaky cameras and people running around in a panic.

And no monster will be seen to boot. Yeesh.

Cryticman has the best explanation so far. IMDB doesn't tell you anything. I also had a feeling from the very first time I seen the trailer that you will never get a good look at the monster. A lot of people are comparing it to Blair Witch because of the shakiness of the cameras, I compare it because of never seeing what is scaring the crap out of you.

LOl can't wait to see it.

It's a JJ Abrams movie. This was the guy who gave us Polar Bears on a tropical island and had us believing it was ok. Give him a decent budget and 2 hours of tape and absolutely anything is possible. I'll definately be watching this one, whether I get to see the monster or not. ;)

It's a JJ Abrams movie. This was the guy who gave us Polar Bears on a tropical island and had us believing it was ok. Give him a decent budget and 2 hours of tape and absolutely anything is possible. I'll definately be watching this one, whether I get to see the monster or not. ;)

My thoughts exactly, he knows how to make anything work. Besides, you see the monster, it's in some of the trailers. It's green and skyscraper size.

Are people actually getting to see this movie this early?

I'll believe they won't show the monster when I sit through the movie and don't see the monster. Unless it has been confirmed by the film company or J.J. Abrams, which I will need a link.

Edit: Here's an interview with the films director saying there is a monster shot...

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=4027

In there he says

"...But you will absolutely see everything - and you will see the monster in very intimate detail. You will get a very close look. People who have seen the trailer might think we are using this style to avoid seeing the monster, but that is definitely not what we're doing. We're using it to build dread and anticipation..."

Edited by Fullmetalpanic7

here's a forum dedicated to the movie 1-18-08news.com/forum tell them King John sent you