Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The miraculous Templar diamond

UM-Bot

Image credit: Wikipedia
Image credit: Wikipedia
Brian Kannard: Last month, I had cited a press release on my blog about the nearly unbelievable story of a diamond being discovered that had a near perfect Templar Cross in the center of the stone. A link to a picture of the diamond can be found here. On December 7th,I was able to talk to the diamond’s owner David Rafaeli in depth about his find. Rafaeli has been a diamond broker in the Los Angeles area for a number of years. Like many dealers, trips to brokerage centers in Antwerp or Tel Aviv are a common occurrence. It was on one of these trips to Israel last fall that Rafaeli found himself bidding on a lot with the Templar Diamond. “I was the only one that recognized the significance of the diamond”, Rafaeli said.

What is so special about the diamond? The stone is a 2.73 carat green-yellow diamond with a very distinctive four-sided, Templar like Cross. The cross has been formed by a dark spot almost dead center in the center of the stone. Extracted recently in a South African diamond mine and cut in Israel, Rafaeli claims that the Cross could not have been man made. “We have a letter from the GIA [Gemological Institute of America] that states the diamond is totally natural.” a spokesman for Rafaeli told me.

In the intervening time, Rafaeli came to consider that the diamond was a sacred occurrence. Rafaeli feels that the Templars recognized that there needed to be a unification of all the world’s religions and were working towards this goal. To Rafaeli, the Diamond has become a symbol of unification and world peace. The Diamond is a “story from God if we will only recognize it”, Rafaeli said.

There does seem to be a synchronicity with the Diamond’s find and recent Templar related events. Rafaeli thinks that the timing of the discovery only strengthens his claim that the diamond signifies much more than just a geological anomaly. To Rafaeli the Diamond signifies that “things are starting to happen in the world” and it could be used as a vehicle for humanity to find a common ground.

In keeping with this thought, Rafaeli would like to find a venue for the diamond to be shared with the world. To date, Rafaeli has contacted a number of groups about displaying the diamond including the Vatican. At the time of this report, the Holy See has not responded to Rafaeli.

I wish Rafaeli success in his quest to use the Diamond to bring about unification of diverse groups in these troubled times. If the faith Rafaeli places on the diamond’s discovery is any indication of if it’s potential, it very well might have the power to change the world.

Brian Kannard is a 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Mason that lives in Nashville, Tennessee with his wife and fellow Grail Seeker Laura, and his son Robert. His keen interest in topics on the Holy Grail, the Knights Templar, and Freemasonry are also chronicled his blog Grail Seekers. Brian can be contacted here at Unexplained Mysteries under the user name of Grail Seekers.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theQ

• GreyWeather

• Oen Anderson

• dazzyboy69

Brilliant, so all the world could see!

• 4 months later...

I'am sure the natural physicall laws...like the way light produces this cross will have a religious significance attached to it. Its has to be god inspired.