Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Hole in sky' amazes scientists

DreamRebel

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naveed

• antares

• superfly911911

• DreamRebel

very, very, interesting...i don't believe "exhausts" were the cause of this, all planes fly all the time, all over the world, and now the "exhausts" of an airplane may have caused this.

What kind of fuel do they use down there?? I bet it might be possible "they" are testing a weapon or "they" would like to call it "a weather balloon".

Maybe a new fuel for airplanes might be tested also, never now what is happening. whistling2.gifeyecrazy.gifalien.gif

reminds me of the bottom of a turtle shell lol. Seriously though I dunno how jet exhaust could cause that. ph34r.gif

The BBC report says: "Meteorological experts believe the hole formed when ice-crystals from a passing plane fell through the cloud, causing the water droplets in it to evaporate."

This is a reasonable explanation - I don't see a conspiracy here...

the one problem with that explanation is the fact that clouds are water that has already evaporated, and also ice crystals wouldn't make water evaporate because heat is what causes evaporation, not cold ice.

the one problem with that explanation is the fact that clouds are water that has already evaporated, and also ice crystals wouldn't make water evaporate because heat is what causes evaporation, not cold ice.

The process described in the article is quite possible. There is something called "parcial pressure of water vapor". Cloud thermodynamics says that the parcial pressure of saturated water vapor over ice surface is less that the parcial pressure over water surface. When for some reason ice crystals are introduced to a water cloud they start to grow for the account of the water droplets...

Was it over a farm? Maybe it was a crop circle being formed in the day....just a thought wink2.gif