Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blanket Pulling entity?

confusion101

Okay so today at around 6am I had a similar experience to what you guys have had. Over the years since I turn 16-17 I’ve had sleep paralysis I would say once every 2 or 3 months. This experience however was completely different to my sleep paralysis experiences. what happened today has happened a few times and I thought it was just normal sleep paralysis. While I was asleep (face down) my blanket was slowly pulled away from my back and I felt a pressure on my neck and back. This wasn’t aggressive but was annoying. I thought it was sleep paralysis at this point. I then tried to turn my head so I could see what was doing it (I keep trying to do this since I’m used to it and not scared anymore)  but I felt like something was pushing my head the opposite direction so I couldn’t look. Next a moved my back with force and it stopped, few seconds later the pressure came back. Finally I turned my body round and then It stopped. I checked the time and I don’t think I actually was asleep or asleep long at all. well I used wanted to create and account and leave an experience while it’s fresh detail in my mind. If it is anything paranormal I don’t think it’s aggressive because I’m not feeling pain. 

I will be honest with you. If I am asleep or in bed, and the Lady ain't over and I feel someone touching me, messing with the sheets, or anything else like that, IT IS ON. 

I do not understand this reaction of freezing or just allowing such a thing unless you are so asleep it seems like a dream. If so, it probably is a dream then because the instinctive fight or flight we share would wake you with adrenalin if your brain knew this was not to be expected.

To the notion of paranormal causes, the same reaction is what things get around me. GET OUT OF MY HOUSE. GET AWAY FROM ME. LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE. GET OUT. People have every right to being left alone and unbothered in their own space from "things". Assert that and don't tolerate or allow such things to go on around you and you will be surprised to find out they really do drop down into close to never in direct correlation to how much you mean it.  No fancy spells or drama, just say no, out loud and mean it. 

Repeat as necessary. This will end most hauntings and visitations. 

• Like 1

I found your post after searching google about a similar experience I just went through only a few hours ago... It has shaken me to the core. I'm not someone who is afraid easily of things.

I'm also 24. I had trouble sleeping because of my boyfriend making a lot of noises in his sleep. Frustrated, I wrapped myself in a blanket and curled into a ball on the couch. I'm not sure how much time went by, maybe a half an hour. My boyfriend came to ask me to come back to bed, I stayed however. I rolled over onto my right side facing the back of the couch. I'm not even sure I fell into a deep sleep. I was having strange dreams until I was awoken into a half-asleep and half-aware state. I heard footsteps walking towards me, which is what startled me. At first I thought to myself, it's probably a dog wanting to get on the couch. I have hardwood floors, and I was aware enough to notice I didn't hear my dog's nails on the floor. These footsteps were heavy enough that I could feel them through the floor, through the couch. Then I had a STRONG feeling of being GLARED at from directly above me. It was so intense that I was frozen with fear and my heart was pounding... but I felt like I couldn't move! I feel a corner of my blanket pull off from me. It couldn't have fallen as I had both corners of the blanket tucked in with my arms, completely wrapped around me and tucked in just under my face. Anyway, I felt it pull from me and I instantly feel a very cold breeze/feeling over me. I was still frozen with fear, shaking and was screaming inside. Then all of a sudden, I snap out of this half-asleep, half-aware kind of state I was in... My blanket is off my left arm. I rolled over onto my back and pull it over me. I have my knees up leaning on the back of the couch. I lay there for a minute and try to rationalize what just happened, if it was real or just a dream. I try to shrug it off, thinking I'm just really tired. Then I felt a light tug at my blanket on my knee. I tell myself I'm imagining this and ignore it. But it happens again, and stronger. My very first thought was: nope!!!! I immediately got up and went to bed feeling safe with my boyfriend. With no doubts in my mind, I told him about what happened as he was getting ready for work this morning. I was on the verge of tears because of how shaken I was about it. He listens and believes me but ultimately thinks I was having a bad dream.

What intrigued me was how you say you find random scratches on yourself. I do too sometimes, particularly on my legs. I get pretty hot at night with my thick winter blanket, so I frequently have my legs exposed. The scratches are usually pretty long and thin, almost looking like a cat scratch. I don't own any cats and there's just no way I could do that to myself. I don't get them all the time, just sometimes. I always was confused by them but assumed somehow, one of my dogs was scratching me.

I just had to share my story while it's fresh in my mind. I'm very spooked!

Edited by MeganK

• 4 months later...

I been having the same issue with the pulling of my covers. Last night my two lil ones didn’t want to sleep so I tried putting them to sleep with my husband turned all the lights out. I usually leave the rest room light no and the door a crack in my room so I can see to get up for the kids. But all the lights were off and my husband was in the kitchen while me and my kids were in my bed. They were scared already I jst thought because they were used to the light on. But both were so close to my on one side of the bed and were so hot so I was tryin to move my 2 yr daughter to the other side of me which was near the edge and she wasn’t having it holding tight to me sayin no and stayed on my stomach so I put her back. My son who is 5 didn’t want to scoot over to the other side both were scared. Long story short my hundred finally came back to the room I told him to turn the light because they didn’t want to let me go and I was getting hot. So he did but put both in their crib told them y’all being silly and go to bed. But the doer crack wasn’t that much as I usually leave it, and the crib is also in my room since my son didn’t want to sleep alone in his room. Well as soon as he sit that I was felling better had room and wasn’t hot so I can finally sleep or so I thought. Well some at the edge of my bed was touching the blanket I can fell a slight pressure on it so I would move my foot. Then something tugged it a little, and again. So I got up looked was mad thinking it was my husband playing with me and nothing so I opened the rest room do a little more light. It stopped. Well after that it’s been happening over and over again and no I’m not asleep I don’t have dogs so yes I believe something is in my hole idk if it’s a bad spirt or what. But I told my husband we are going to start going to church more and get some holy water to bless this house because obviously something is here and shouldn’t be. 

I have had this blanket thing happen to me a lot in the house that i was raised in one night i woke up blankets sliding off me i pulled with out thinking it pulled just as hard as i did i realized what was happening it really freaked me out but we had so many experiences in that house it’s not funny I believe you’re totally sane there is things that we can’t explain in this world 

A simple banishment will fix this.

Something from your own belief system, or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

• Like 1

I am so used to not being able to fall asleep, that I sometimes dream about not being able to fall asleep.
So when I wake up, I feel like I've slept, but remember being awake the whole time.

What I'm saying is, that in the border zone of wake and sleep, dreams and reality mix.

37 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

What I'm saying is, that in the border zone of wake and sleep, dreams and reality mix.

Yeah, it's called hypnogogic and hypnapompic state of mind. 

wow i did not expect this thread to be active. Ever since moving out of my student dorm and living at home till uni starts again i haven't had that experience anymore. So god help whoever is staying in my room doesn't experience what i did :lol:  However the past month I've being have lucid dreams which sometimes are really fun but they can be draining. For example i wake up and feel tired mentally even though I've had plenty sleep.