Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Puente Hills Mall in California haunted?

TRUSTbobmarley

I found some information that supposedly Puente Hills Mall is haunted

here is what i found:

http://www.strangeusa.com/Viewlocation.aspx?id=581&desc=+Puente+Hills+Mall+AMC++La+Puente++Ca&t=6/28/2013%201:15:19%20AM&Action=Reply&CommentID=67634

Edited by Still Waters
Replaced copyrighted text with source link

I go there all the time. I knew about this for a while. I'm gonna keep an eye out the next time I go to the theater.

• 7 years later...

Wow, great story, great writer. However, I worked at the Broadway Puente Hills, AKA Store 28, from before it opened until its final closing. It was a majestic, well built building and no one ever died in the store; we lost no managers as they were loaded into the ambulance and there were certainly no blood stains by the escalator. Yes, the freight area was creepy, but that's because it was ill-lit compared to the rest of the store and it lead to the dock, which was not climate controlled....quite a change stepping from one environment to the next. If the AMC is haunted, I would say look into the demolition of the store and the building of the theater.

• 4 years later...

I saw a man killed while eating an ice cream from Baskin Robins (not there anymore) near the escalator when I was 12 or 13 (early 80's). I heard he fell through the skylight (5 story fall), and it said he was air conditioning repairman who was too lazy to go around. His head was split wide open like a pumpkin and oozing thick stuff, and all the adults gawked over his dead body. He laid there for 30 minutes and no emergency personnel came. I'm sure someone eventually came.

When I got older while walking out the upper level Broadway entrance around 9:30 closing time I saw many white plastic chairs flip themselves over. There were some teenager kids who went running like hell and kept running well into the parking lot. That was in the early 90's.

Then I recently went back (Dec 2017) after hearing the AMC theater was haunted (The old haunted Broadway) and while waiting in line for some popcorn I saw the ghost yank the guys vacuum cord from the outlet in the far right corner. Pretty spooky! I knew it was the ghost. I think its that man who died b/c when I go there stuff happens. He knows I saw him die.

Here's a nice webpage on it

https://www.hauntedplaces.org/item/amc-puente-hills-20/

Edited by brian100
typos
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, brian100 said:

I saw a man killed while eating an ice cream from Baskin Robins (not there anymore) near the escalator when I was 12 or 13 (early 80's). I heard he fell through the skylight (5 story fall), and it said he was air conditioning repairman who was too lazy to go around. His head was split wide open like a pumpkin and oozing thick stuff, and all the adults gawked over his dead body. He laid there for 30 minutes and no emergency personnel came. I'm sure someone eventually came.

When I got older while walking out the upper level Broadway entrance around 9:30 closing time I saw many white plastic chairs flip themselves over. There were some teenager kids who went running like hell and kept running well into the parking lot. That was in the early 90's.

Then I recently went back (Dec 2017) after hearing the AMC theater was haunted (The old haunted Broadway) and while waiting in line for some popcorn I saw the ghost yank the guys vacuum cord from the outlet in the far right corner. Pretty spooky! I knew it was the ghost. I think its that man who died b/c when I go there stuff happens. He knows I saw him die.

Here's a nice webpage on it

https://www.hauntedplaces.org/item/amc-puente-hills-20/

Wow, flipped chairs and cords removed from walls are physical phenomena the evidence (for you) can clearly be verified after the event. I've never had an experience that dramatic before my eyes. You're kind of lucky.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:38 AM, papageorge1 said:

Wow, flipped chairs and cords removed from walls are physical phenomena the evidence (for you) can clearly be verified after the event. I've never had an experience that dramatic before my eyes. You're kind of lucky.

I kept is a secret for 20 years and only told my family. I found this topic and said oh that makes sense. So I shared my story.

12-2017

The entrance to the flipping chairs. The Broadway was replaced with AMC.

mall.jpg

Edited by brian100
add a picture

Its a pity that website went offline they had the best documentation of the Broadway haunting now lost forever.

Edited by brian100
add a quote

I found this video to be closer to my experience at the Puente Hills Mall.. But this woman got terrorized. And she passed out from sheer fright so I know its real.

That's how the people at the mall reacted.

Edited by brian100