Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

english people told

chemical-licker

Check out the graphics in my post and then take your best guess :w00t:

David Tennent is the man, The Super Tennents of Doctor Whos.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• chemical-licker

• Isadora1982

• Drexl Spivey

No, I hold no religious convictions. If you ask if I were born in a muslim country, then that is negative too. Have I been influenced by muslim parties or agenda?, no to that too I am afraid. I think you are not entirely aware of true european sentiments of global politics underneath the right wing media smokescreen , the true axis of evil is USA-UK-Israel, you do not need to be a muslim to understand that.

Edited by Drexl Spivey

"Ok, I know you're a liberal... yes but which one? which one.... which one which one"

linked-image

"I know! you're an Australian, aren't you?"

Edited by Billy of the Hill

Hello my friends,

I don't know if my contribution to this topic will add anything valuable, but here's my 2 cents.

I came to Australia as a refugee in 1993 as a result of the Balkan war which I'm sure many of you are familiar with or have heard of. At the time (93), for some reason, my family (mum, dad and sis) were all subjected to various medical and language tests before we were admitted and granted refugee status. I think what helped our situation was that we were a young family with some knowledge of English (although rusty at first).

We arrived in Oz on 1st July, 1993 and I started Australian Primary schooling on 14th July...no English lessons or anything for me...which actually turned out to be good thing - I came top of my English class in 2000 My parents, on the other hand, had English lessons provided by the government, never missed a class and immediately got a job in a shoe factory - 3 months after arriving in the country. We were on government support for 6 months only and started to rent a property within a year of being in the country.

I found the Aussies to be extremely welcoming people and we never had any problems integrating. Because I had no other Croat friends in my classes, I was basically forced to learn the language quickly in order to communicate with others who were from other cultures, Chinese, Indian, etc.

Now, 14 years later, I reckon I'm more Aussie than anyone (figuratively speaking) and have a strong love of this country....fair enough, I never actually got into cricket, but I resent how "some" (operative word) migrants that come into this country are disrespectful to its people and culture. Both my parents are full time employed and are taxpayers, including myself. I have completed uni and my sister studies full time and works part time.

Right, so whats your point, I hear you ask. Well, I think whilst some people may be opposed to migration in general, I'd like to personally offer my account of being a migrant that migration CAN work and migrants CAN migrate successfully. Sure, there will always be a groups of turds who will choose to abuse the privilege given to them, and these turds should rightfully be kicked out, but there are some of us who are more than happy to accept and assimilate and should thefore not be stereotyped with the rest.

As an Aussie, and yes, you can see my citizenship certificate, I am alarmed to see the rise in ethnic violence in my home town, Melbourne.

I think the Australian people are a very tolerant type and those migrants who claim that they have been singled out and ostracised are, in my opinion, full of s***. This would only be the case if you're the extremist type of group of migrants (read: Al Hilaly) and in that case, that type of rubbish does not belong in this country and should be eradicated.

Thanks for reading,

Agreed, circumstances can and will be different in different instances. Then again I haven't heard of Immigrants in Australia rioting in Australian streets and burning the Australian flag. These people come into 'our' country, burn 'our' flag, destroy 'our' property and then scream racism when we react against them. And our coward Politicians sit on their fat backsides and do nothing. Yes, some immigrants do their part and are willing to earn their place in our society. Those people will always be welcome. The others we can do without and it's those same 'other' that tarnish the rest of the immigrant population.

David Tennent is the man, The Super Tennents of Doctor Whos.

I've known Christopher Eccleston personally. I've worked with him twice and his childhood home is approx a mile from mine. We're both Salford lads. In my opinion, it was a mistake him leaving Doctor Who when he did. That said, David Tennent makes an outstanding Doctor. :tu:

Thank you for your post Isadora, it is posts like yours that will eventually educate the likes of Billy of the Hill.

Ah yes, and why did Isadora move to Australia? The Balkans war. A warning to the dangers of multiculturalism if any was needed.

Different cultures with different ideologies forced to life together under hard communist rule. Once that changed, the whole region exploded.

Thank you for your post Isadora, it is posts like yours that will eventually educate the likes of Billy of the Hill. You write very well too for a second language , I am pleased it has worked out well for you and your family in Australia :)

Cheers, Spivey. :)

I should also add here that my dad loves fishing and regularly goes to watch the footy with his mates, all whom are from a variety of backgrounds. He doesn't understand how the egg shaped ball works, but...:) Even though he has an accent to this day, he's actually quite a lunguist and only reads books in English...he loves his Stephen King books.

In response to Chokmah - I agree with majority of your post. Except for the bit where you say that refugees should be sent back to their country after all has been settled. Some of those political refugees are unable to go back to their countries of origin in fear of persecution and in the worst case scenatio, death.

Australia is such a prosperous country today thanks to all the migrants (all migrants, not just referring to one group of people) to came here to look for greener pastures...the industrial revolution in the 50's, 60's and the 70's came to see the influx of migrats from Europe and Asia and these migrants have contributed to Australian culture in a positive way. These migrants have also started families here and their children have been born and educated in this country...they have nowhere to go back to.

Now, even though I hold a dual citizenship and have spent half my life in Oz and half my life in Croatia (I'm 25 now), Australia is my home. Majority of my family is back in Croatia and that's a hard fact of life, but I consider Oz my home.

Australians have accepted my family and myself during testing times and have given us a second chance in life...who knows if we'd be alive right now if we stayed in Europe at the time. I have nothing but absolute respect for Aussies...why would I want to go back? :)

I can't comment on the situation in England because I don't live there. Saying anything would be completely ignorant of me, but I can definitely see where you're coming from and I appreciate your point of view.

PS: Merry Christmas to all! Here's to throwing another shrimp on the barbie and a couple of slabs of VB! :) Cheers!

Ah yes, and why did Isadora move to Australia? The Balkans war. A warning to the dangers of multiculturalism if any was needed.

Different cultures with different ideologies forced to life together under hard communist rule. Once that changed, the whole region exploded.

Billy, multiculturalism had nothing to do with the war in the Balkans. Indeed, the former Yugoslav republic and its people coexisted quite peacefully until money and greed became an issue.

In truth, I am a product of a multicultural marriage. I have Croat, Serb and Bosnian family...this was never a problem.

Cheers,

I've known Christopher Eccleston personally. I've worked with him twice and his childhood home is approx a mile from mine. We're both Salford lads. In my opinion, it was a mistake him leaving Doctor Who when he did. That said, David Tennent makes an outstanding Doctor. :tu:

Yeah he's a good actor!He was good in Heroes.

My girlfriend, cried when he (DCI David Bilborough) died in Cracker.. killed by Robert Carlyle's character.

Billy, multiculturalism had nothing to do with the war in the Balkans. Indeed, the former Yugoslav republic and its people coexisted quite peacefully until money and greed became an issue.

yeah money and greed that old chesnut.

and...

The war in the Balkans were characterised by bitter ethnic conflicts between the peoples of the former Yugoslavia, mostly between Serbs on the one side and Croats, Bosniaks or Albanians on the other; but also between Bosniaks and Croats in Bosnia and Macedonians and Albanians in the Republic of Macedonia. The conflict had its roots in various underlying political, economic and cultural problems, as well as long-standing ethnic and religious tensions.

link

yeah money and greed that old chesnut.

and...

The war in the Balkans were characterised by bitter ethnic conflicts between the peoples of the former Yugoslavia, mostly between Serbs on the one side and Croats, Bosniaks or Albanians on the other; but also between Bosniaks and Croats in Bosnia and Macedonians and Albanians in the Republic of Macedonia. The conflict had its roots in various underlying political, economic and cultural problems, as well as long-standing ethnic and religious tensions.

link

I've long given up the Wiki as a reliable source of good and accurate information. I accept your side of the argument Billy, however I would say at this point we would have to agree to disagree.

I've lived there for half my life, so I'm merely speaking from my experience and my family's experience.

Thanks for your input anyway.

D

The subtext to your post seems to suggest an underlined anti- American- anti jewish- anti UK sentiment.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, but are you a Muslim?

linked-image

By joves Billy of the Hill, brilliant simply brilliant deductions....

See, what i said .. wasn't anti-jewish. Im just having a laugh at the Americans who scream anti-semitic at every oppurtunity and yet are somehow very silent on this thread regarding your type of racism. It's a game. They even made up a special name for it. Anti Semitism , special name that to protect the jews. Not your ordinary Racism slant, thats not good enough . Only trouble is, it applies to a racial group of middle eastern people, jordanians, iraqis, lebanese palestinian .. the israeli's aren't that kind of racial group at all , they are .. i dunno, russians and southern europeans mostly. I don't know what the jews in the UK and US look like but i bet they arent all middle eastern looking ? But no mater, it's the name that counts, and just so long as they got that special name in place, thats good enough to keep those US (and uk) citizens in line. Well, im not religious.. i dont believe one word of the bible, so i sure dont believe in no sea parting to let the israelites to be let through and then come sweeping down to wash away the pharoah's troops right after. So, there are no jews out of egypt, there is no biblical promised land, there are no people of yahweh. So what do I care if you accuse me of being anti semitic if the nation of israel is a fraud , it's like me accusing you of being anti-father christmas. See, so your all powerful anti semite accusation that moulds and forges opinions in the US and UK means diddley squat to me .

I've long given up the Wiki as a reliable source of good and accurate information. I accept your side of the argument Billy, however I would say at this point we would have to agree to disagree.

I've lived there for half my life, so I'm merely speaking from my experience and my family's experience.

It's not a massive disagreement- it may not have affect your family but you can deny it was a factor in the civil war. The war which gave us the phrase 'Ethnic cleansing'

I'm not against multiculturalism per sa, just as long as there's a greater/larger culture in which all the other cultures embrace.

Many of my friends..including my girlfriend are from different cultures but have embraced the sense of Britishess.

Alas, I fear that sense is not strong enough anymore to withstand the new influx of immigrants. (600.000) last year.. god knows the year before and the year before that etc.

Although.. I concede the polish are much better than the younger British chav culture <_< . But some cultures I could mention.. seem determined to bring thier fundamental tribal differences/ hatred to the UK.

I don't know the future... but I can not rule out the possibility of civil war. Seeing as some cultures have set up 'no go zones' These areas can only expand and the Government/local Governments seem determined to ignore the situation.

See, what i said .. wasn't anti-jewish. Im just having a laugh at the Americans who scream anti-semitic at every oppurtunity and yet are somehow very silent on this thread regarding your type of racism.

I guess it depends on the motivation. I've made jokes about every culture you can think of on this board. But I have no agenda. :no:

It's not a massive disagreement- it may not have affect your family but you can deny it was a factor in the civil war. The war which gave us the phrase 'Ethnic cleansing'

I'm not against multiculturalism per sa, just as long as there's a greater/larger culture in which all the other cultures embrace.

Many of my friends..including my girlfriend are from different cultures but have embraced the sense of Britishess.

Alas, I fear that sense is not strong enough anymore to withstand the new influx of immigrants. (600.000) last year.. god knows the year before and the year before that etc.

Although.. I concede the polish are much better than the younger British chav culture <_< . But some cultures I could mention.. seem determined to bring thier fundamental tribal differences/ hatred to the UK.

I don't know the future... but I can not rule out the possibility of civil war. Seeing as some cultures have set up 'no go zones' These areas can only expand and the Government/local Governments seem determined to ignore the situation.

Thanks for the reply, Billy :)

When you say 'some cultures seem determined to bring their fundamental tribal differences/hatred to the UK", do you mean the migrants of the Islamic/Muslim persuasion?

Have to admit, you spruiked my interest. Have you any links or references to articles where I can read up a bit more on the situation?

And are you serious about "no go zones"?

There are probably no-go zones for Billy with his BNP flag waving round . Thou there seem to be a few of his ilk here , I do not think billy and co can be representative of england , I think because this forum is mostly pro-israel, pro-american imperialism.. it draws these right wing BNP's out of the woodwork . I bet Billy keeps all of his opinions very quiet on the english streets.

My turn, Billy already had his shot..

ARE YOU A HOBBIT?

A DRAGON?

A COMMUNIST?

What is that ? Is that like.. stand aside Billy, let me show you my moves and you bring that on ? I am not sure if you are a fool or that is some kind of sucker punch to draw me in before you launch a nuclear reply of verve and verbal sophistication down on my ass , ok, let me have it ...

Edited by Drexl Spivey

There are probably no-go zones for Billy with his BNP flag waving round . Thou there seem to be a few of his ilk here , I do not think billy and co can be representative of england , I think because this forum is mostly pro-israel, pro-american imperialism.. it draws these right wing BNP's out of the woodwork . I bet Billy keeps all of his opinions very quiet on the english streets.

LOL @ Spivey. :D I had a good giggle at your first line!

I see what you mean. :)

I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion and he's voiced his, which is cool. Doesn't mean everyone has to agree though.

Cheers Spivey!

What is that ? Is that like.. stand aside Billy, let me show you my moves and you bring that on ? I am not sure if you are a fool or that is some kind of sucker punch to draw me in before you launch a nuclear reply of verve and verbal sophistication down on my ass , ok, let me have it ...

Nah, thats came more out of boredom and annoyance that billy thinks everyone he disagrees with is a fanatical minority (ex. Hobbits, always burning crops and eating small children)

I think more and more english realize they are in the axis of evil, and I do not think they really want to be there . The British liquidated their empire because it was not what the people wanted, they did not want to be a conquering race of empire anymore but today it is forced back upon them by proxy, via america. But the english do not know it, they see their bbc and sky news and think they are in afghanistan and iraq because of altruism and to create democracy, they are lied to . Some people, like Billy .. they do like empire, they are the type of english to have a few indian servants and shoot a few lions before breakfast, they think they are better than everone else, the world is full of natives and lesser people compared to the natural superiority of the englishman.

Nah, thats came more out of boredom and annoyance that billy thinks everyone he disagrees with is a fanatical minority (ex. Hobbits, always burning crops and eating small children)

ah ok, sorry I took it the wrong way ) and i was rude, I am sorry , I apologize for that .

Edited by Drexl Spivey

Thanks for the reply, Billy :)

When you say 'some cultures seem determined to bring their fundamental tribal differences/hatred to the UK", do you mean the migrants of the Islamic/Muslim persuasion?

one amongst many... they don't exactly have a good reputation for integrating; that's for sure.

Kinda my way or the highway

linked-image

"Put em up...put em up"

And are you serious about "no go zones"?

yeah it's common knowledge... well, depending where you live.

see ship's post.

click

There are probably no-go zones for Billy with his BNP flag waving round . Thou there seem to be a few of his ilk here

:lol: I have no affinity with the BNP whatsoever. nice try though.

Although I do understand why people are turning to them.. they've frustrated with the lack of action..and are giving up on the old parties.

I do not think billy and co can be representative of england , I think because this forum is mostly pro-israel, pro-american imperialism.. it draws these right wing BNP's out of the woodwork . I bet Billy keeps all of his opinions very quiet on the english streets.

'pro-israel- pro american imperialism?' mmmh again demonstrates you bias. Funnily enough.. I don't think you'll find that 'right-wing groups' are pro-Israel. :rolleyes::lol:

Quite the opposite in fact, but it's been noted that you share this common trait with them.

Is that like.. stand aside Billy, let me show you my moves and you bring that on ? I am not sure if you are a fool or that is some kind of sucker punch to draw me in before you launch a nuclear reply of verve and verbal sophistication down on my ass , ok, let me have it ...

Already done it. You're just standing up 'punch drunk' wondering what happened, staggering around the ring..

answer this question- the one which, you tried to avoid but hit you square in the face..

Name one culture on this Earth which doesn't complain, think it's better than everyone else and isn't a bit 'racist.'

I think more and more english realize they are in the axis of evil, and I do not think they really want to be there . The British liquidated their empire because it was not what the people wanted, they did not want to be a conquering race of empire anymore but today it is forced back upon them by proxy, via america. But the english do not know it, they see their bbc and sky news and think they are in afghanistan and iraq because of altruism and to create democracy, they are lied to . Some people, like Billy .. they do like empire, they are the type of english to have a few indian servants and shoot a few lions before breakfast, they think they are better than everone else, the world is full of natives and lesser people compared to the natural superiority of the englishman.

ah ok, sorry I took it the wrong way ) and i was rude, I am sorry , I apologize for that .

Drexel spivy-having read all of the posts in this and looked at your profile, i am uncertain as to where you are coming from or the identity of the particular chip on your shoulder. One does not have to be a BNP supporter, racist or whatnot to voice concerns about uncontrolled immigration in the UK, merely a realist. Even some settled immigrants have worries about it. No one can deny that even a partially integrated society is benefical to all but when the extent of integration is learning enough of british culture to fill in benefits forms, everyone else suffers.

I eagerly anticipate your reply.

Peace, 1.618.

Hello my friends,

I don't know if my contribution to this topic will add anything valuable, but here's my 2 cents.

Hiya Isadora - thanks for your insight on that, it was a very interesting read and I'm glad that you and your parents have made it OK. Don't worry about the Cricket thing.... I'm a native of the UK and I don't understand it either. I think the British invented the game purely to baffle foreigners; which makes it even more galling when the Australians keep roundly thrashing us at it each year.

I think we've got a couple of Australians on the board,but not many, so it's going to be great to read an Oz perspective on things - keep up the posts. :D

In regards to the immigration issue: there have always been elements in the UK that are out-and-out racists. During the 1970's there was a group called the National Front - a VERY nasty and violent bunch - who revelled in nazi symbols and would march the streets with crude racists banners and slogans. However, they where always a miniscule minority. However, even back then immigration wasn't the bowl of cherry's that the government portrayed it as, nor where the immigrants always the victims of racism. (you might want to google the phrase "brixton riots", for example).

However, what has happened more recently is VERY different. With the advent of groups like Migrationwatch and the BNP, the governments banal reassurances have repeatedly been punctured. The arrival of the Freedom of Information Bill put another nail in the coffin. The government has now virtually had to declare that it does not know how many immigrants - legal or otherwise - are in the country. It blandly forecast "around 45,000 legal immigrants" ifor 2005, only to have to subsequently admit - under pressure from MigrationWatch - that the true figure was closer to 650,000. It has recently had to admit that it has been able to deport only a few hundred illegal immigrants, and has completely lost control of how many illegals are in the country, and will probably have to offer a mass amnesty on the grounds that it lacks the capability to deport them. (doesn't even know where they are).

And THAT is the nub of the problem. The people feel they have been lied to over the last 20 years and have NEVER been allowed an effective vote or refferendum on immigration policy. (all the 'big three' parties have virtually identical policies,because they are effectively tied by the EU... which is ANOTHER bone of contention, and another reason why the BNP has risen in popularity). You only have to look at TV reporting (and - to a slightly lesser extent - newspaper reporting) of crimes such as murder or assault. If the victim is a member of an ethnic minority, the story is front-page news under the banner "racist attack". If the roles are reversed.. silence. The description of the attacker - even when multiple witnesses confirm it - is completely ommitted. People are AWARE of this, and it is making them increasingly angry.

At the same time, there have been restrictions placed on the discussion of immigration. The existing laws on Race Relations have been refined to the point where any discussion runs the risk of being declared 'racist', and hence criminaly liable.

So, against that backdrop, when a group appears on TV with placards that say "To Hell with your Freedom of Speech" and "Massacre all those who offend the Prophet"... well.... you can imagine. It doesn't exactly HELP.

Meow Purr.

Edit- Removed insult. If you have nothing better to say than two words in all your posts, better to say nothing at all. A quick reminder of the terms and conditions of this forum can be found: HERE.

You would be advised to read these carefully. -Lottie- Forum Mod Team.

Edited by Lottie