Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do you fly in your dreams?

seanofabeach

there are three ways I can fly in my dreams. the first is a three strep stride. I start with two long strides and "launch when my right leg lands for the third stride and I bend my knee to give it a final push" this flight works when I need to jump on top of a roof or structure..the second is a double leg push which causes me to shoot straight up, this can be used inside a building and I can go through the ceiling (which is a really weird feeling) I shoot straight up and can view everything from whatever hight I want.when I come down I put my arms straight out which slows meydecent..I have yet been able to stay hovering in a dream I always seem to drift..The third is a floating levitation. This is the one I have least control in but feels the coolest.. all I do is put my arms out to the sides, tighten my leg muscles and stretch my neck up in tune with the "Floating"..I then am weightless like there is no gravity but I always float upwards to the ceiling and have to push off from there..I have gotten pretty good at flying in my dreams and have been doing this in my dreams as long as I can remember...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ravergirl

• ElvisJ04

• HammeroftheGods

• seanofabeach

i don't fly in my dreams, dreams are a look in side your mind and at times your entertainment, i have dreams every night the majority of my dreams are just like real life my dreams are incredicbley detailed and complex i also can feel in dreamd i feel everything from pain, to fear and, love i even think in my dreams in my dreams i remember everydetail of it even the texture of stuff and the feel of the sun on my skin

I love the flying dreams. I usually either have to concentrate and I just lift up, or most of the time, it's basically really long and high jumps that seem to go in slow motion.

Forget flying. How do you run in your dreams.

Ever tried running when you're dreaming? It's impossible.

Edited by Reptilian

When I fly it is usually when i am being chased. I kind of drift upwards until im flying. the person i am fleeing can still grab at me no matter how high I go.

It's kinda strange how my flying dreams have ended up. Most of the time I can't start flying until I realize it's just a dream, but other times I end up realizing it because I'm flying :P

But I remember it progressing from random floating, to kinda like riding a bike (The faster I pedaled as if i was on a bike, the higher I went), then eventually I got full control of my dreams, and when I fly I just think it, and I'm doing it. Direction, speed, hovering, anything. I just think it and it happens. Plus when I realize it's a dream I get full control of most everything in the dream. Most of the time I'll continue with the storyline that's already there, but I'll just end it with god-like powers.

The last time I dreamed like that it was an end of the world scenario where some guy had kidnapped my girlfriend and was going to use her to destroy the world. So me going god-like didn't really seem so strange when I realized it :P

But ya, that's my flying dreams in a nutshell.

-C

I generally fly in my dreams by flapping my arms up and down untill the lady at the checkout desk gives me my ticket.

Curiously, I can't READ in my dreams..... if I ever see a newspaper - or a book - it's always just a smudge.

Of course... it IS difficult to read when the book is in your hand, and the hand is on an arm that's being flapped up and down.

Meow Purr.

I know what you mean. However, I have a recurring dream where I find myself unable to run as you say. But when I drop down on all fours and run like a cat would(front "legs" pulling through back legs before stretching back out) I run at speeds I've never known before. I have this dream often although it's not always the same location.

I know what you mean. However, I have a recurring dream where I find myself unable to run as you say. But when I drop down on all fours and run like a cat would(front "legs" pulling through back legs before stretching back out) I run at speeds I've never known before. I have this dream often although it's not always the same location.

I just had to reply because of your name!

:tu:

That sounds amazing!

I just had to reply because of your name!

:tu:

Thanks. I'd like to add that only once(that I recall) have I "flown" in a dream. I "float"(just a foot or so off the ground) a lot though.

speaking of dreams...I had a dreak the other day that I couldn't wake up from. I was trying but I couldn't. I was even lucid enough to wonder if I was really awake and then to test it out.it was like a dream onion. i finally woke up because a phone rang but it took a long time...no flying but i did try to jump in my dream and my dream self couldnt do it.

Personal flight in dreams is all about the application of power and control. Since I was a very young child, I have been flying. I started with a run up and then a long jump. I remember when I was a few years old, and successfully jumped /flew over our front fence(about a yard/metre high.) As control improved, less power of thought was required. I began by floating around the ceilings of our house. Mum and dad could only catch me when I had to come down to go through the doorways.Eventually I overcame this problem by learning to meld my molecules with that of solid objects so I could pass through the walls, but thats another story.

As i grew older I graduated to fling around the night sky (I used a clasic superman position which does actually reduce wind reistance once you start to get your speed up.) I would fly up on our roof and walk around, then up onto our TV antenna, about 20 metres up in the air. From there I could watch all sorts of goings on, and just like in those horror movies, no one looks up at a TV antenna in the dead of night.

I used to go round the town, dropping in on friends and pretty girls, but after this got me in a little trouble, I decided to focus my efforts on one big adventure, Around the world in one night.

First I exrtended my training by flying out to some off shore islands ,between 10 and 30 k's away. When I was ready, I took off, following approximately the line of lattitude of my home town. I will never forget that dream. of forty years ago

The colour of the nullabour cliffs on sunset as i flew along them and the thousands of seabirds coming in to roost for the night. The people on the deck of an ocean going cruise ship as I flew past them. The lights of what turned out to be an anchovie fishing fleet off the island of madagascar.Flying through dust above herds of wildebeest and other animals on the afroicamn plains.Then flying through the Zambesi falls to wash the dust off and refesh me a little.

It was hard getting through the andes mountains, For some reason, greatly increased altitude required a lot more mental energy.Eventually I cheated a little and flew up some river valleys and glaciers, across a lower ridge and down the other side. The pacific was a little boring, although pretty, but flying over the fascinating statues on easter island broke the journey.I was getting tired by the time i got to new zealand, but i remember it was green and pretty. I got home about 6 real hours after i left.

I can also fly using electrical energy which grounds itself as a constant spark between you and the earth. However you can't fly over water using this method, as the energy dissipates too fast(you can glide over narrow bodies of water)

You can control different elements of flight. One good dream i had this year was teaching others how to do a controlled descent from a high cliff. My wife and I would jump off and show how you concentrated your will power to land safely. It was hilarious watching the beginners. They would panic as they reached the ground and apply too much counter force. This meant they bounced back up in the air again then completed a series of smaller bounces until they landed safely.

I also like flying on dragon back,by light sail ship and by a.i. controlled fast ship, where I am the ai. However, my second best- loved form of flight (and the second I learned to use ) is by magic carpet. Once you learn the control words for these they are fast and fun to fly. You can also take a number of passengers depending on their size. One thing I learned at an early age, however, was to fit them out with either seat belts or a force bubble. It can be a bit embarassing if you, or your passengers, fall off while you are displaying an immelman turn, or looping the loop. As I've got older, my flying habits have become more cautious, but I know what you young people are like :rolleyes:

I also love flying in my dreams. Is such an amazing feeling, & probably one of the best we can experience as humans.

Ways I've flown in my dreams are:

-I was in a go-cart type vehicle riding down the hill near my house, and when I reached near bottom I started to slowly lift off the ground.

-In my backyard holding a plastic bag (???) and started to float away (like a hot air balloon) over the trees.

Not to mention, I was young in these dreams, probably around 8-12 years old.

One thing is, I will never forget those experiences. They are clear in my mind till this day!

there are three ways I can fly in my dreams. the first is a three strep stride. I start with two long strides and "launch when my right leg lands for the third stride and I bend my knee to give it a final push" this flight works when I need to jump on top of a roof or structure..the second is a double leg push which causes me to shoot straight up, this can be used inside a building and I can go through the ceiling (which is a really weird feeling) I shoot straight up and can view everything from whatever hight I want.when I come down I put my arms straight out which slows meydecent..I have yet been able to stay hovering in a dream I always seem to drift..The third is a floating levitation. This is the one I have least control in but feels the coolest.. all I do is put my arms out to the sides, tighten my leg muscles and stretch my neck up in tune with the "Floating"..I then am weightless like there is no gravity but I always float upwards to the ceiling and have to push off from there..I have gotten pretty good at flying in my dreams and have been doing this in my dreams as long as I can remember...

I never flew in my dreams, but every now and again, I am stuck in the air, just stuck. Are you a lucid dreamer?

I once fell out of a plane in a dream. First it was scary as I was falling to the surface but then I just flew off like superman. It was really cool. This happened a long time ago, though. and this is all I can remember of it. Hope it helps out.

• 4 weeks later...

My dreams are weird

I lay in bed and dont realise ive gone to sleep then dont know whats goin on (as in dont recall dreamin movin or anythin) and suddenly im fallin. just suddenly appeared in mid air.

not in a puff of smoke kind of suddenly but a just turned on the tv kind. im falling down but forwards aswell like ive run off something. i hit the floor and then my dreams awake if that makes sense and i can see myself lookin around my room but i now know im still asleep. i then wake up and look around my room

like i said weird

try as i might i can nvr fly or float only fall !?!

One time I tried to fly, but I got stuck in the air........and not because I was too fat. No joke.

Though, I did skate on liquid water, with sharks under me. Lucid dreams kick a$$.

Edited by exeller

haha its funny when i dream cus when i fly in my dreams i sort of jump a little but it usually happens when i jump off something in my dreams then i sort of wake up like sometimes when my brother or sister are sleeping they sort of jump too then when they wake up they tell me that they where dreaming of flying :)

but when i try to run it seems impossible i dont kno why but its usually when sumone or something is chasing me it feels wierd and it also takes alot out of me like as if i was running too much but i really didnt well in slow motin :no:

I love flying in my dreams! I normally just 'will' myself to fly and up I go with no resistance at all. I can then go where ever I want to! I normally only fly at night time (it is normally dark in my dreams) but on the odd occation I do fly in the daytime and see everyone looking and pointing at me!

I can also land at any spot I chose be it land or water... (I can also normally breath underwater so it isn't really a problem if I sink!)

Edited by Star_girl

Usually when I fly, then I cant control the flight, I kind of jump off then levitates a distance before I slowly approach the ground, then I jump again. "I use trees and stuff to change direction" This can sometimes lead to flying like superman but not so often. Its hard to run in my dreams also, it feels like im running underwater, and I sometimes run with all four so i can drag myself foward with my hands, this gives me a boost in speed :D

There are other people here in this thread describing the same experiences, Interesting.

Ok...

When I fly in my dreams it happens in different ways...

The first way it happened was I had wings and I climbed to the top of a building and jumped off and glided

The second was walked on air as if I was walking on stairs

and the third and most common way is I'll take of running then sort of dive and I "catch" myself about a foot off the ground and I start flying

Rofl, yeah.. Sometimes I can't even see in my dreams :| I realise that I'm dreaming but then wake up slightly with enough awareness to realise that my eyelids are closed. I hate when that happens :angry:

yeah, as for me...i've been flying for sometime now. (in my dreams that is) but when i fly i have to start off with that 3 step thing. i then do a swimming move to propel myself which is very frustrating. One time i did just aim with the middle of my two fists to navigate where i wished to go..... that was so cool and super fast. i was goin super fast to where ever i pointed the fist at.

Even when i know im dreamin, i decide to fly b4 anything. You can always manipulate your dreams only if you know your are dreaming......, so good flight to all and happy landings,....im off to bed now....lol :D

I VERY seldom fly in dreams. This last time was like a year and a half ago, maybe more. I would just be standing, and feel totally relaxed and just sort of move my arms back and chest forward like i was stretching... and i would totally relax my mind and feel just sort of a lightness in my chest and just rise straight up, slowly (this was entirely from a first-person viewpoint). I one time managed to go like a thousand feet over my neighborhood. I had to be totally relaxed for it to work - I was distressed for some reason later in the dream, and i tried and just sorta rose a foot and fell, and that got me really distressed so i couldn't do it at all the rest of the dream.

Entirely non-lucid dream there, by the way.