Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

megalodon still alive possible or not

devon16

im new to this but ive been rresearching megalodon this shark is a close relitive to the great white only larger about 15 to 20 meters roughly 60 feet i beleave that some of these creatures still exist in the deep marina trench there have also been a few siteings i want to hear what you all think

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Max.L

• danielost

• makaya325

• capoeiranger

Most reported sightings of megalodons are most likely very large sharks like the great white. The megalodon is long extinct and the possibility of something that large existing is not possible. The caloric intake of that animal must be huge and there are not enough large fish today as there were millions of years ago.

im new to this but ive been rresearching megalodon this shark is a close relitive to the great white only larger about 15 to 20 meters roughly 60 feet i beleave that some of these creatures still exist in the deep marina trench there have also been a few siteings i want to hear what you all think

Why would you just believe they exist? Is that any different than saying I belive there is a a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater that makes its home in the jungles of South America. I guess it'd be different if you said you thought there is a chance that it might exist, but just to believe it exists?

I don't think so.

If the megadolon was still alive, it would have to be acting in a manner unlike what the evidence tells us. It was a shallow water creature, so the Marianas trench is unlikely. And it had high caloric needs, so unless there is somewhere in the ocean that we haven't fished to death yet, it wouldn't be in a good position to feed.

megalodon didn't eat large fishes it went after the large repitiles so if one was still around today it would go after the whales and maybe the giant squids.

if it goes after squids then we would probable never see it.

Edited by danielost

megalodon didn't eat large fishes it went after the large repitiles so if one was still around today it would go after the whales and maybe the giant squids.

if it goes after squids then we would probable never see it.

Whales and squids aren't reptiles....reptiles are crocs and alligators. But the megalodon indeed ate whales. I would like to believe that they are still around, but I think it's highly unlikely....unfortunately.

How come you've been researching Megalodon all these years but don't use any punctuations on your posts?

And uh, what makes you think that "If Megalodon is still alive, they'd be in Mariana Trench?"(I suppose you're talking about Mariana Trench when you're typing "marina trench") Why Mariana Trench? Why Not Indian Trench of Izu Trench? Why Trench? Why not open sea?

If the megadolon was still alive, it would have to be acting in a manner unlike what the evidence tells us. It was a shallow water creature, so the Marianas trench is unlikely. And it had high caloric needs, so unless there is somewhere in the ocean that we haven't fished to death yet, it wouldn't be in a good position to feed.

Beyond unlikely, the pressure at the depth of the Mariana trench is over 18000 lb per square inch (that's over 8 tonnes). Try carrying that on your back!

The possibility of a giant shark existing at that depth is almost nil.

Would be a fascinating thing to believe this creature is still alive, But the chances of this existing is zero to none.

I say although it may be impossible..and highly unlikely i would like it they still existed , I wont even go in sea water now so i definately wouldn't then , Even though scientists and others say they do not exist we are finding living things all the time that have supposed to have been dead for millions of years and new species constantly. Slim chance but i'd like it if they were..

^ Ithink that it is best to note by everyone that all the newly discovered creature (and Giant or Colossal Squid doesn't belong to this group, for they are well known for centuries)

rarely exceed anything that have 4m in length. A Giant Megalodon would be extremely easy to spot on. Thus, hiding even in the open seas should be difficult.

I hugely doubt it. In fact, to hell with doubt. I know that the Megaladon is extinct, and has been for many, many years now. The only reason people report seeing creatures like Megalodon and Mokele Mbembe and Nessy is because they are very well known, unusual animals and because of their popularity people report THEM. Has anyone ever reported a living Trichordate? No. And the reason? No one knows about them. If Trichordates were the most famous extinct creature ever, people would report them all the time.

Would be a fascinating thing to believe this creature is still alive, But the chances of this existing is zero to none.

I second that thought, however if by a slim chance there's a "living fossil" out there, I certainly wouldn't want to be the one who finds out! With my luck, I'd get swallowed whole while playing on a Sea-Doo! :o

if megalodon is just a giant giant white shark. it could be right in front of our eyes.

Why not!

There are a lot of whales and giant squid around. Any wonder why those whale populations does not grow bigger even after them being protected animals? No one did ever take the reports of giant squids seriously under the 1800:s still they do exist. Komodo dragons were also recognized as folklore untill they were spotted in the beginning of 1910. And what about that living fossile firstly founded in the Indian Ocean? A fish that should have been extinct for some couple hundreds years ago! Then there should be a possibility for Megalodon to exist too.

Megaladon is too large to remain hidden for this long. Furthermore, one of the reasons they died out was because of a climate change, with which they couldn't adapt fast enough to cope with. The new climate is still in place now, and recent Megalodon have been found in our fossil record, so I don't think its even slightly possible.

Capoeiranger, exactly. But if Protoceratops had been Jurrasic Parks main dino, then it would be a sh**e movie, but everyone would report living ones.

Haven't we only researched like 5% of the ocean? I think it's possible there might be amazing/huge/incredible creatures down there.

how long ago did we find the whale shark and the mega mouth. niether of which we even had an idea were there.

Edited by danielost

Complete lies. Both species were, for a long time rumoured about, and had been known to sailors and seafaring explorers for many years.