Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

megalodon still alive possible or not

devon16

i thought rumors and eyewitnesses were not proof enough. that is what is being said on the Bigfoot threads.

so i say again we had no idea that these other two fish were there if we are going to use the same standards on all of the threads on here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Max.L

• danielost

• capoeiranger

• Undeadskeptic

Since all of the oceans and there depths havent been full explored then i believe there's still giant creatures still unknown to humans. Maybe there's still giant sharks. It would be awesome to see one captured on film.

Since all of the oceans and there depths havent been full explored then i believe there's still giant creatures still unknown to humans. Maybe there's still giant sharks. It would be awesome to see one captured on film.

again according to others on the bigfoot threads film is not good enough. but it would be cool.

so the only way to get evidence is for one to die and float up that is if it doesn't get eaten first!

Capoeiranger, exactly. But if Protoceratops had been Jurrasic Parks main dino, then it would be a sh**e movie, but everyone would report living ones.

:D that may result in:

1. I wouldn't waste my money to watch it

2/ I'll be better off joining a Britney Spears forum lol

Why not!

There are a lot of whales and giant squid around. Any wonder why those whale populations does not grow bigger even after them being protected animals? No one did ever take the reports of giant squids seriously under the 1800:s still they do exist. Komodo dragons were also recognized as folklore untill they were spotted in the beginning of 1910. And what about that living fossile firstly founded in the Indian Ocean? A fish that should have been extinct for some couple hundreds years ago! Then there should be a possibility for Megalodon to exist too.

Giant squid was well documented back in the 1800, it's jsut there was never been any captured specimen alive. And they are hard to observe due to their natural habitat. Komodo dragon was well known and well documented, it's just capturing them alive for the scientific display purpose was too dangerous back then. so they finally would have to kill the animal with gunshots. And Coelacanth....oh, I'm getting tired of this. How many time should I say that the current Coealacanth is merely a cousins of the long-extinct Coelacanth? It means that the are not the same as it was! Not exactly a living fossil I say. If I want to call something a living fossil, I'll call spiders and horseshoe crab that way.

I agree that we have only explored a tiny bit of our ocean. But that is a sole statement. Any living creature even in the ocean must follow the law of nature. If Megalodon still exist, then pigs can fly.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Stop using the coelancanth to back up ridiculous ideas! That fish is unextraordinary and barely counts as a living fossil, and yet people go around saying,"There are giant two headed eels that fly and are planning to destroy Europe with a global warming machine made by their slaves, the flying whale-men!"

"What proof do you have of that?"

"The coelancanth was recently discovered.'

"So what?"

"So that means anythings possible and that there are giant two headed eels that fly and are planning to destroy Europe with a global warming machine made by their slaves, the flying whale-men!"

Note to self: Re-name evil minions/slaves something other than "whale-men." Maybe "coelacanth-men?"

You gotta respect other's opinion, why? Because they just discovered coelacanth not long ago.

Just trying to overabuse the fish and see what can I get :D !

Possibly the Megaladon could still exist , I mean look at the giant squid, only bodies have been washed up, thats probably cause they dun have heavy bones and will not sink but instead float when they die, Megalodons should have bones, heavy ones and they would probably sink when they die... That kinda shark could probably kill a sperm whale

How come you've been researching Megalodon all these years but don't use any punctuations on your posts?

And uh, what makes you think that "If Megalodon is still alive, they'd be in Mariana Trench?"(I suppose you're talking about Mariana Trench when you're typing "marina trench") Why Mariana Trench? Why Not Indian Trench of Izu Trench? Why Trench? Why not open sea?

Pehaps your forgetting somthing , great whites live in the middle of the ocean, usually deep water, a shark that is twice that size could probably live at extremely deep places and so happens that the marina trench is the deepsest area on earth

Note to self: Re-name evil minions/slaves something other than "whale-men." Maybe "coelacanth-men?"

:D

Pehaps your forgetting somthing , great whites live in the middle of the ocean, usually deep water, a shark that is twice that size could probably live at extremely deep places and so happens that the marina trench is the deepsest area on earth

Great whites aren't even currently thought to be close relatives to megalodons and megalodons were far more than twice the size of great whites. Secondly great whites don't feed in deep water, they're coastal hunters. Thirdly megalodons were warm water sharks that needed to tons of of food a day to survive. They were not deep sea hunters. They were whale hunters as the many bite marks in the fossils of their prey show. When they existed there was enough fauna to support such a diet. When the oceans cooled and their prey diminished they died out. It's the evolutionary price of being a massive predator. Other things to note. They would float and sink after death following the same basic principles of decomposition as every other ocean dweller of that size. Meaning, one would have washed up on shore or been trawled up by now. You do realize we're talking about a shark that's bigger than a humpback whale right?

Of course theres a Bogeyman under your bed little Timmy, the coelacanth exists after all.

Of course this religon is right, the coelacanth exists.

Of course if you throw a coin down a wiahing well you'll get super powers, the coelacanth exists.

Of course theres a giant sperm whale eating shark with no fossil record after its official extinction and no reason to suggest its existence other than, the coelacanth exists.

Like I said earlier, the pressure at the depth of the Mariana trench is over 18000 lb per square inch. You wanna try walking around with that weight on your shoulders? A shark would be crushed long before it reached that depth.

Megalodons should have bones, heavy ones and they would probably sink when they die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there isn't a shark that ever lived that had bones.

Great whites aren't even currently thought to be close relatives to megalodons and megalodons were far more than twice the size of great whites. Secondly great whites don't feed in deep water, they're coastal hunters. Thirdly megalodons were warm water sharks that needed to tons of of food a day to survive. They were not deep sea hunters. They were whale hunters as the many bite marks in the fossils of their prey show. When they existed there was enough fauna to support such a diet. When the oceans cooled and their prey diminished they died out. It's the evolutionary price of being a massive predator. Other things to note. They would float and sink after death following the same basic principles of decomposition as every other ocean dweller of that size. Meaning, one would have washed up on shore or been trawled up by now. You do realize we're talking about a shark that's bigger than a humpback whale right?

My bad about the mistakes about the Great White, but since u said that they arent close relatives, they could hunt in deep water , and secondly, how would you know that the megaladons were warm blooded , all that they found was bones and stuff , the rest were theories, not facts. And Sharks are made of cartiladge( how to spell ) not bones. And then again, they said that the Long necked sea reptile ( plea something) ate stones to aid digestion even though they had teeth, the same could go for the Megaladons, would would be why the were nvr found cause they would sink, and Megaladons would probably be cannibals, eating each other when one was dead, so there you go

Like I said earlier, the pressure at the depth of the Mariana trench is over 18000 lb per square inch. You wanna try walking around with that weight on your shoulders? A shark would be crushed long before it reached that depth.

Jus so you know life DOES exist at the bottom of the marina trench, Search ( Life in Marina Trench ) on google, squids do live there, and they don't have a skeletal structure u know so if a Megaladon lived there, it would have a extremely strong skeletal structure

its possible for it to still live because we have found a few animals of its size. And for all those saying that the big animals where known for 100s of years before being fully reconized by the world ill say the there are stories of 50 to 100 foot sharks dateing back to about since people made the first boat lol such as the ledgend of the giant shark that guards the island of hawaii(megamouth shark). There is always the posabilty of them living because u can never prove the negative in anything. also those saying it was a shallow water shark ill say the we hav only ever found coelacanth fossils in the shallow inland seas but the live ones are in deep waters things have a way of changeing over a few million years i think its a theory of something :P . Ive personaly thought alot about it and it would be posable for it to get the food it needs ill put my thoughts into the diffrent habatits.

deep water: with a small amount of body mass groth with a layer of blubber like fat (greenland sharks have it proveing that sharks can have it) it could handle the cold and with the size of its "bones" it could theoreticly live down there. as for its food needs gaint squid has alot of callories. proof of that is sperm whales make trips just to get them and that takes us to that sperm whales have tons of fat to keep them warm in the deep water so there is plenty of food down there.

mid region: pritty much the same but with less fat and no giant squid but lots of whales :tu:.

diveing: this is the most likly one they could dive deeper to get squid while eating whales and such closer to the surface

as u can see its possible and since 9 times out of 10 a shark body sinks/is neutraly boyant when it dies we would probably never get a body in time for it to be anything but a globster and since 99% of the time its not identified it could be undiscoverd for a very long time and then theres scavangers so the chance of it being found is less then 1% of the 40% chance it could be alive at all

p.s. i talk way to much about this lol but i spent about 3 years doing reserch on this at every posable angle so u can all forgive me right :D

My bad about the mistakes about the Great White, but since u said that they arent close relatives,

The Great White Shark is actually the closest living relative of Megalodon.

they could hunt in deep water,

Yes! They could or can hunt in deep waters.

and secondly, how would you know that the megaladons were warm blooded, all that they found was bones and stuff , the rest were theories, not facts.

The remains of Megalodon have been found in many warm water coastal regions around the world. And we have yet to explore the ocean floors.

The warm water coastal regions were mostly inhabited by Megalodon pups or small juveniles around the world. Fossilized teeth of these young Megalodon individuals have been found in large number in such shallows.

And Sharks are made of cartiladge( how to spell ) not bones. And then again, they said that the Long necked sea reptile ( plea something) ate stones to aid digestion even though they had teeth, the same could go for the Megaladons,

Tiger Shark is known to eat lots of things. It belongs to a shark family which is termed as "Carcharhinidae" but the Great White Shark and Megalodon don't belong to this family. So your theory may not be appropriate in this case.

Even though, Megalodon would eat lots of food to survive and could eat almost anything that moved in the water, but fossilized evidences have revealed that it preferred animals that had lots of fat.

would would be why the were nvr found cause they would sink, and Megaladons would probably be cannibals, eating each other when one was dead, so there you go

Many sharks have cannibalistic tendencies. So Megalodon might be no exception to this rule.

Edited by Meg_Man

The Great White Shark is actually the closest living relative of Megalodon.

Yes! They could or can hunt in deep waters.

The remains of Megalodon have been found in many warm water coastal regions around the world. And we have yet to explore the ocean floors.

The warm water coastal regions were mostly inhabited by Megalodon pups or small juveniles around the world. Fossilized teeth of these young Megalodon individuals have been found in large number in such shallows.

Tiger Shark is known to eat lots of things. It belongs to a shark family which is termed as "Carcharhinidae" but the Great White Shark and Megalodon don't belong to this family. So your theory may not be appropriate in this case.

Even though, Megalodon would eat lots of food to survive and could eat almost anything that moved in the water, but fossilized evidences have revealed that it preferred animals that had lots of fat.

Many sharks have cannibalistic tendencies. So Megalodon might be no exception to this rule.

So snakes are cold blooded but they can live in africa, and by the way don't you think after a million years the climate could change so that currently warm water regions were once cold areas and like I said , a snake is cold blooded, but they live in africa right?

And I did not say that Megaladons and Great whites arent close relatives, read Capeo's earlier post quoting me and he said that Megaladons and Great whites arent currently thought to be related

And by the way, don't you think that Megaladons cant be like snakes , eat a BIG nice meal of fatty animal and stay dormant for almost a week that would cut down on the energy output you know.

Edited by (SG)Max

READ MEG-MAN"S POST !

Edited by (SG)Max

very tiny animals couldve survived, but megaladon? not a chance. the deeper you go in the ocean, the less food their is. meg wasnt a deep sea shark. in fact, i dont know if any sharks are deep sea predators. their is not even 1 sighting of "megaladon" to give the subject of a surviving giant any merit