Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Army finds explosive chemicals in EU aid bags

questionmark

Army finds explosive chemicals in EU aid bags

6.5 tons of potassium nitrate hidden in sacks marked as sugar from the European Union for needy Palestinians in Gaza. EU declines comment

Reuters

Published: 12.29.07, 21:57 / Israel News

Israel said on Saturday it had recently seized a truck carrying chemicals used to make explosives hidden in bags marked as EU aid for the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip.

The army said 6.5 tons of potassium nitrate were in bags marked as sugar from the European Union for Palestinians in the coastal enclave.

EU officials in Jerusalem had no immediate comment.

The cargo in a Palestinian truck was traveling in the West Bank and seized several weeks ago at an Israeli checkpoint, the army said.

Full story, Source: Ynetnews

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moon Monkey

• ships-cat

• GreyWeather

• questionmark

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't surprise me one bit... The EU, the UN. All play their parts in peoples private business for their own gain.

Edited by Chokmah

Them infernal checkpoints eh Bob ?....Bob ?

That is a pretty wide definition of "aid"... :rolleyes:

It will get swept under the rug...I doubt that there will be much investigation or anything...

Edited by Fluffybunny

Hmmm.... Cat is initialy slightly skeptical here. The only source for this story is the IDF... which is fair enough, as they where the ones manning the checkpoint. However, why did they wait "several weeks" before announcing this news ?

There is another story floating around (literally) about Egypt refusing to let 2000 palestinian arabs - returning from the pilgrimmage to Mecca - back into Gaza unless they use the Iraeli-controlled checkpoint. It is implied that Israel has put pressure on the Egyptian government NOT to allow them into Gaza through the Egyptian-controlled checkpoint.

And now we have this story emerging about explosives being smuggled through checkpoints.

I suppose co-incidences DO happen. But it is potentialy a VERY useful story for the Israelis.

Meow Purr.

Hmmm.... Cat is initialy slightly skeptical here. The only source for this story is the IDF... which is fair enough, as they where the ones manning the checkpoint. However, why did they wait "several weeks" before announcing this news ?

There is another story floating around (literally) about Egypt refusing to let 2000 palestinian arabs - returning from the pilgrimmage to Mecca - back into Gaza unless they use the Iraeli-controlled checkpoint. It is implied that Israel has put pressure on the Egyptian government NOT to allow them into Gaza through the Egyptian-controlled checkpoint.

And now we have this story emerging about explosives being smuggled through checkpoints.

I suppose co-incidences DO happen. But it is potentialy a VERY useful story for the Israelis.

Meow Purr.

Maybe they had a trail on the explosives to follow which would have immediately gone cold had it been revealed too quick, with Shin Bet involved I think this stash was being followed from long before it got to the checkpoint. I doubt an international fall-out with the EU over aid will be too useful to the Israelis if is it is all BS and backfires. Are the EU commenting yet ?

As for the 'pilgrims' and Israeli/US pressure story I doubt Israel could force Egypt to mount machine guns on the border against Gazan protests and the pressure story is only coming from Hamas. IMO the Egpytians are trying to let Israel take the international heat and do the dirty work of intercepting dozens of Hamas terrorists at the border, Hamas use these 'pilgrimages' to stock up on cash and arms. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear as its hardly coming in under the radar.

Maybe they had a trail on the explosives to follow........

One of the bags had a hole ? :o

Meow Purr :P