Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Past Life Regression.. is it real?

GypsyWolf

Wow, Im getting some interesting responses here! well, timbeau, if you want to have one. Contact a hypnotherapist and explain what you want :) They can usually help.

I was wondering if you could go a little deeper into the "cosmic memory" idea you were talking about and what you've learned.

Edited by timbeau

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GypsyWolf

• agskdgalgl

• saturnian flame

• Intelligent Insight

Personally I think it's an organized system put together by telepaths. A lot of societies out there have their memories networked so no thoughts go to waste or memories lost. Like our internet. Humans have trouble relaying thoughts because our skulls block the signals - it's sort of a defense mechanism preventing others from disrupting us or controlling our muscles remotely. (greys in contrast are very telepathic but they risk being 'hacked') Apparently our low-level (trance) thoughts are better able to get through the skull.

It's a nifty system. Any answers to huge cosmic questions can usually be answered by someone in the network.

I, for one, wait till I'm tired, when my mind can go blank, then close my eyes and repeat the question in my mind. Helps to think if it in different ways, like images, sounds, voices, even text - anything that might ring a bell in someone else's mind so they can relay information back to you. A lot of the minds in the nexus don't speak English, so words won't always suffice. A lot of them are accustomed to functioning as a network instead of as individuals, so they're very good at sending data around.

When a thought comes to your mind that you didn't purposely think, that's it. Sometimes you won't get an answer and have to try again later, sometimes the answer won't make sense until you think it over (a lot of answers will go right over your head), but sometimes you get a rush of information you would never have conceived on your own. It's startlingly fast. I once got a slew of information about Earth's past in about 5 seconds - just raw sights and sounds and information you never hear about in school.

The whole thing shouldn't take more than a minute. I sometimes do it at the computer when I'm tired, and then verify the information by checking the internet. I'm not psychically gifted in any way - this was all something I figured out on my own.

One important thing: If your mind wanders, at all, then the question isn't important enough. If you can't focus strictly on the thought you want to relay, it won't work.

'timbeau' "I was wondering if you could go a little deeper into the "cosmic memory" idea you were talking about and what you've learned."

Ditto, please.

Why did you ask someone else to be with you? Do you think you could do it again without a second person but a recorder on instead?

'timbeau' "I was wondering if you could go a little deeper into the "cosmic memory" idea you were talking about and what you've learned."

Ditto, please.

Why did you ask someone else to be with you? Do you think you could do it again without a second person but a recorder on instead?

I was unsure of exactly WHAT Iwas doing and I don't like the idea of being in a trance like that without knowing if Im doing it right. Having an 'expert' there seemed to make the whole thing smoother for me. Basically so i could acheive the relaxation needed to pull this off..

I'm not saying this has anything to do with a past life or whatever, but for some reason I have always been drawn to stuff about the Holocaust. I don't know why.

I THOUGHT it could have some connection to a past life, but I'm not really sure...

Edited by timbeau

I always been kind of interested in the idea of past lives - but the one thing that bugs me is that when people remember their past life, it always seems to be in line with what they want.

If they like Egypt -> they were Egyptian in their past life!

So it kind of makes me wonder if their mind is (knowingly or unknowingly) putting together a scene that they want.

But maybe they weren't Egyptian. Maybe they were a European who was interested in Egypt. Maybe they were an Asian explorer who visited Egypt. Maybe their past life had nothing to do with Egypt and they just like it in this life.

Just because you reallyreally like something in this life doesn't mean it's linked to your past life.

And why doesn't anyone ever have a regular life? Regular ol' farmer or something.

I think I'd be more willing to believe people if their past life wasn't coincidentally right on target with their interests.

I mean, I 'love' a certain Japanese celebrity - does that mean we were married in my past life? What about all those other celebrities I used to love..? Was I married to them too...?

I doubt it.

Also, why are past lives always really past? I'm 20 right now, so if I had a past life it could have been 21 years ago. It could have been 40 years ago. It doesn't necessarily have to be hundreds of years ago.

Anyway, my friend's friend had gone to a psychic/whatever to find out about her past life and she was told she used to be a potato farmer.

SInce Tokio brought that up its a good point--- could it be we conncet with certain things or celebrities or whatever because we knew them in a past life?

Hmmmmm.......I've never really thought of that GypsyWolf, but in my experience when I focused on a celeb in time my views of them would change or I'd loose interest in them (aka crushes, I've only had those really when I was younger), and others are really just too plain odd for me not to get my attention (like if I find them amusing because of how or what they are doing in there life, kinda like trying not to watch a train wreak). So, gathering everything from my experience I'm leaning more towards the no side on this one for me anyways.

As for the things I do think has some play into our past lives, things we like in this life time maybe the same things in our past (or close enough to what our other things were in our past).

I also think that what we wanted to grow up to be, was what we were at one time in our past life. I had a bunch of careers that I wanted to grow up to be when I was very young, throughout my life up till now I've changed what I'd like to do so I guess I must have had several different past lives.

Edited by Ambrosia~Ismene

The point in physical human existence on this planet is learning. If you didn't learned what you were supposed to learn in a lifetime, you try again. If you forgot what you'd learned when you die, you simply wouldn't be here. For what? Be born, live a meaningless life and die? Hmm, I think THAT'd be pretty neat...

Dude you are passing this as fact and that everybody should do things your way,Dont tell us your opinion and try to make us do it your way.Just give out your opinion meaning just tell everyone what you THINK not what you know.Also leave it to us to decide our opinion ok.-intelligent Insight-Thanks-

• 2 months later...

I would love a regression session*lol I rhymed* I have a feeling i've had quite a few.Just a feeling.

http://www.johnadams.net/cases/samples/Kee...rdon/index.html

http://www.johnadams.net/cases/samples/Sno...with/index.html

Check out these two stories, I think I had seen these on unsolved mysteries a few years back and thought they were pretty interesting.

Wow, that jeffrey keene guy looks exactly like that john b gordon fella.

Im pretty sure it is a known fact that patton also believed he was reincarnated.

Yeah there are some very strong cases re: Reincarnation and Robert Snow's lists on top of them.

Fortunately or Unfortunately, looks like karma and reincarnation is the way to go in this universe.

Though on the other side, I think we are not/should not really know these things. For all that matters, we still have to live the lives, live the pain. IE. There's only strong evidence for reincarnation but we don't really know what purpose is it for, we don't know whats beyond Reincarnation?

For all that matters, reincarnation might just be the tip of the iceberg in terms of "everything" natural.

In terms of karma! Is Criminal being really bad or is he just fulfilling the karma?

I think we are seriously playing with nature when we try to research after death.

After each answer, we'll have many more questions unanswered.

Edited by vikstar

I want to state up front that I am NOT presenting this as fact. I am merely telling you my experience, and fact or dream, it was pretty darn cool.

I have always had a certain set of phobias that didn't make sense, lucid dreams, and even what appeared to be memories of things. beginning from an early age, like 4, I was obsessed with Civil War stuff and Native American stuff that should have been of no interest to a child. As I grew, I held absolutely no fear of wild animals, even seemed to fit in with them.... so because i do believe in reincarnation, I decided to try a past life regression. My friend is going into psychology-- actually 3 of my good freinds are-- but Brit is closets to graduation. I ask if she'd like to try past life regression and she decided yes.

It began with relaxation and the intial hypnosis... counting backwards and such-- no there weren't any dangling pendulums. Anyways in the first vision, or whatever it was. I saw myself looking at a large-- formidable black she-wolf that i recognized as my spirit guide. Then I felt a slight 'jolt' and found myself in the wolf's body. In the scens that followed, I felt myself running along the soft grass-- smelling for game. I felt such a rush, like adrenaline running through me as the chase suddenly began, there was a huge pack with me as well. It flashed from that to what appeared to be a den with several pups lounging at my feet-- for the first time I felt truly happy and free. My freind said I actually made noises like a snarling sound....

There was a large BANG and it all went black, playing another scene where I realized i was standing by a river. Looking down I saw that i was wearing a doeskin dress and my hair was black. Somehow I knew I was an indian girl, Cherokee to be exact. Behind me were rows of neat tipi's and a fire burning in the middle. There was a large handsome brave suddenly standing behind me, and I felt love-- I realized this was my husband. Such a strange feeling as commitment has NEVER been my thing were men are concerned. I followed the brave back tot he small camp and then all went black and I saw myself sitting on a horse-- everything was tense, choking me. I felt like I was inside a body doing just as it damn well pleased and I was merely observing through it's eyes-- scary feeling. The horse I rode was dark, with paint along it's neck and I realized we were going to war. Something was very very painful, like in my chest. There was anger too, I can't explain but sorta like grief. It was difficult to bear but somehow I turned the horse and rode away with a group of men, essentially going to war and the feeling that came over me was one of-- pure energy....a joy in watching the men in the saddles ahead die. That too is scary to me.

It broke there and within a few moments I saw a large mansion, with wagons rolling through the yard. Wagins dragging cannons. With another slight 'jolt' I could tell I was looking out a window and looking down, when i looked around the room was very old fashioned looking, Civil War era. Really couldnt tell what I looked like though.. I could hear nasty sounding men calling me 'half breed'-- with a LOT of clarity I could see I had on a red dress of some sort and I was very very angry. In fact, i could feel that same grief and sorrow from the previous vision. aloud i was saying not again not again. Indicating to me that I'd been widowed again perhaps. Don't know how I knew that, i just know I didn't like the feeling. This one was fairly short but violent, because suddenly the walls int he white room were splattered with blood. I havent a clue what happened and i don't want to know, I feel like I died very young all three times and usually fighting...

Now, that done with, I submitted the question to my friend as I will you. Mind I am ONLY interested in hearing your honest opinions and no smart comments..

Now to fully submit the whole story, I AM a writer and I have written Civil War stories for years, I am currently working in a skinwalker romance story and I do watch such things on TV. So is this a fantasy in my subliiminal mind? Or real memories? Could my writing be some form of automated writing where I'm recording memories?

I do believe in reincarnation.. but I wonder if past life regression works? Mmm the possibilities are endless, and I'm open enough to accept that maybe this was just a weird -- dream- like thing--

Anyways, have fun! I'm open to pm chat about this but I won't debate it here.

Wow very cool thanks for sharing. I also had strange phobias and obsessions with certain cultures since I was a child. I've always been afraid of swinging things whether doors or anything else. It envokes absolute fear in me to the point I have had panic attacks over it. I've also always been obsessed with Asian and Indian culture and have dreamt many times of Indian and Asian holy men and what I believe to be past lives and have lucid dreamed quite a bit and had a similiar dream as my daughter did that I met with the Dalai Lama and handed him a lotus and he looked at me and said; "oh its you my friend but you are a woman now and I didn't recognize you." My daughter has also had many dreams of being a monk and about a necklace and she told me that they went to the door of a young boy that that saw the necklace and recognized it. It turned out upon research that monks did in fact go to the door of the now dalai lama and he did in fact recognize the necklace as a young child. At one point I wanted to do past life regression and I wound up meeting a shaman woman who owned Indian holy land. She showed me around and brought me to a place on the land where I felt my stomach turn and I immediately turned tail and walked quickly away and she told that others had felt the same thing in the same place and that she felt I had been there before and wanted to take me on shamanic journey. I never did do it out of fear I think of what I would experience however years later I met with a Buddhist monk who gave me a sense of peace about past lives and the whole thing. Now I was born with a disability with my eyes and I think that was a big reason I became fasinated with reincarnation I wanted to know why I was born this way. I went to meet with this Buddhist monk who didn't know me from adam and he looked at me and said; "I want to tell you a story of a woman long ago. She was engaged to be married and had decided to join the monkhood leaving her fiancee behind. Her fiancee was so devastated that he took hot pokers to his eyes so he would never look upon another woman again as he did her. He grew an infection and was unable to get out of bed and upon her hearing of what happened she returned to the village and made him a promise that she would take on the karma for him of what he had done out of love." He than said; "Do you not think that perhaps your disability was your own choice and it came from love?" Well needless to say this got me to thinking and I came to the conclusion that it isn't really important for me anymore to know the past as it isn't important to me to know the future it is just important to accept who I am right now and live and learn if that makes sense. Who knows maybe one day I will want to know again. I read a pretty fasinating book by Michael Newton on past life regression and what happens inbetween lives it is called " journey of the souls" about people's testimony while under hypnosis it is pretty fasinating.

Edited by stargazer123

......................Could my writing be some form of automated writing where I'm recording memories?

I do believe in reincarnation.. but I wonder if past life regression works? Mmm the possibilities are endless, and I'm open enough to accept that maybe this was just a weird -- dream- like thing--

Anyways, have fun! I'm open to pm chat about this but I won't debate it here............

hello,

I have had my past life regression last January and I have to admit that the process you went thru is not the same with mine. I was very reluctant to 'say' stuff form that past life and the images were slower but intense in colour, although vague in details. Emotions were high and had a good understanding of the people that presently I have a karmic debt to pay back so to speak.

Yours, sounds like a movie with swift overlapping images and lots of action. I would suggest you to go to a stranger therapist and pick one lifetime at the time.

sas x :)

Heh it's funny your third story made me think of Métis .. but I'm sure where similar things going on across North America.

I'm curious though, did your friend record your session at all? It would be easier for you to judge if there were leading questions (which are what most often cause false memories). Even people aware of the phenomena like a Psych student, sometimes accidentally do it without realizing it.. so recording the session lets you reassess exactly what is said.

Also for those arguing past lives are mostly claimed to be famous people, or adventurous professions there are cases of past life where people do claim they died in recent time, and were non-famous. Some of these case studies have been looked into and seem verified (since they were recent it was possible to talk to family members as well as the supposed person remember their past life).. but of course it is always difficult to rule out hoax. You can google for some of these cases.. here's a set of names you can look for in one case Sujith / Sammy.

yes louie, I ask myself the same. For example, Egypt is especially popular...

On the other hand, maybe dramatic events have stronger aura around them or something. I don't know. I am inclined to believe in past lives, but these people who tell about being Egyptian princesses, Roman emperors, or killed in best known wars, just make me doubt...

Anyway it's all very interesting.

I agree that dramatic events tend to stick out more in "regression" and are therefore recalled easier. That means I've had boring past lives if any...'cause I can't remember ****.

Heh it's funny your third story made me think of Métis .. but I'm sure where similar things going on across North America.

I'm curious though, did your friend record your session at all? It would be easier for you to judge if there were leading questions (which are what most often cause false memories). Even people aware of the phenomena like a Psych student, sometimes accidentally do it without realizing it.. so recording the session lets you reassess exactly what is said.

Also for those arguing past lives are mostly claimed to be famous people, or adventurous professions there are cases of past life where people do claim they died in recent time, and were non-famous. Some of these case studies have been looked into and seem verified (since they were recent it was possible to talk to family members as well as the supposed person remember their past life).. but of course it is always difficult to rule out hoax. You can google for some of these cases.. here's a set of names you can look for in one case Sujith / Sammy.

have you had a past life regression?????????????????? :mellow: