Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA image reveals "door" on Mars

UM-Bot

user posted image rThere is a strange door-like structure at the base of the mountain formation from a NASA image of Mars that is causing a stir. The first person to notice it wasn't a NASA scientist, however, but rather a Russian reader of the portal R and D.Cnews, Alexander Novgorodov.

Taking a closer look at an image taken by the spacecraft Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, he noticed an unusual morphology, which looks strikingly like a manmade doorway.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Daily Galaxy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tlsmith1138

• dazzyboy69

• Lord Of The Dragons

• Primeval

Even though it is probably natural but it looks almost like a perfect rectangle. It would be great if it turned out life did live there, but I would not like to find intelligent life still living there if it did.

Wow, a dark object and everyone thinks its a door in a mountain! I believe it's just a shadow - cant be erosion as Mars doesn't have seas and oceans to get the water cycle going, though it could just be winds...

Either way, people shouldn't get excited over a dark object on another planet, what's going to happen when man manages to walk on Mars, goto the 'door' and find it's a shadow or hole? If there are Martians, theyd be laughing at us...

I believe it's just a shadow - cant be erosion as Mars doesn't have seas and oceans to get the water cycle going, though it could just be winds...

so it cant be erosion but it can be winds......? pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about. also, if people are making a stir about it, including nasa, then more than likely its not a shadow.

If you look left you see another dark spot (shadow) in the shape of a triangle, which looks to be coming from a rock. I think the "doorway" is just shadow. Besides, it's at the base of the mountain... so why is it facing the mountain wall? shouldn't it be a part of the mountain wall? And the image is birds-eye-view... if it is a gap, then it's a hole in the ground, not a doorway :huh: And I didn't read about NASA investigating this... I just read a Russian reader of some magazine spotted it.

Could this just be a gap in the original photograph or maybe a copy of the original photo?

Edited by Dark_Ambience

It looks fairly big, doesn't really resemble a rectangle or a door and is on an angle so it would make entering and exiting it a bit of a hassle.

Just looking at the scale of things it would be a very large doorway seeing as it is on the side of a mountain.

has anyone thought of deep hole from crater impact. it dosent look like a door to me.

linked-image

What about this characteristic over here? It looks like... a loading ramp. OMG, the mountain is a giant Martian supermarket!

I am sure it is a door. This is very bad news for Earthlings...now that the Martian Federation has been 'found out', that door will soon open and a swarm of Martian Spaceships will be headed for Earth. Who knew that one little picture would be the beginning of war with Mars.

That's pretty cool. But who knows what it really is.

They're still obsessed with Mars.

Well , many another artificial structures have been found on Mars . I am not surprised . We can't be alone . :alien: It would be a phenomenal waste of space if we were .

As much as I want to know that we're not alone in the Universe... I would think that if "aliens" (i'm talking about smart beings who are presumed to still exist in this Solar System or near by) had a door on Mars, I would think they would have taken care of the possibility of us actually seeing the door. Obviously if they're visiting our planet zooming back and fourth from Mars to Earth they'd know that we would be able to see the "door"!

On another level, we still have pretty primitive brains (oh yes we're smart, but how much better could our brains work for us). Our brains are programmed to try to make sense out of shapes, colors, and other stimuli. We see what looks like a square object, however I suspect its just a mountainous form that when looked at from Mars' surface at the right angle might just be seen as this shape---> /¯¯¯\ or something similar. What a nice Sun angle we have for this picture also...

That's my bit! The same thing as the "infamous" face... (It still could be a "door" however, I won't deny that quite yet without more evidence...)

On another "funny but highly serious" note, if there are any "aliens" out there reading this post, pleeeease-pleeease come pick me up! My lips will be forever sealed if you wish, although i'll always have a huge smile on my face I won't be able to hide! I'm infinitely serious!!!

You all have an awesome day!!!

Jamin

I believe it's just a shadow - cant be erosion as Mars doesn't have seas and oceans to get the water cycle going, though it could just be winds...

so it cant be erosion but it can be winds......? pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about. also, if people are making a stir about it, including nasa, then more than likely its not a shadow.

Wait a minute here, although this person "might not" have a clue... EROSION IS STILL 100% POSSIBLE ON MARS!!! There's still water over there (underground, ice or not) and possibilities of current erosion (even however slight) are being seen today! Water might still be making it's way to the surface somehow (watch the Mars Rising series on the Discovery Channel for a quick lesson)...

If I don't know what I'm talking about either, and/or my definition of erosion is suspected to be skewed, someone please let me know...

Jamin

Edited by JaminSZ

The door kinda looks like a shadow... And is that noahs ark!?!!!

I think Primeval's hit the nail on the head-- it's Noah's Ark. That's why it's teardrop shaped.

Of course it's a door. It's how Elvis takes Shergar for a run. :P

case solved. It's noah's Ark. so that's why we couldn't find it here. It was there all along.

okay okay i admit it i went a little crazy with some super lasers and happen to do that..... well yeh finding the door wont do much at all unless we explore it