Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tanajib "Human Animal"

Saru

Here's a weird looking thing I saw on a web site of strange pictures. The text underneath it is rather interesting, claiming there were thousands of these things in an area of Tanajib.

user posted image

This looks basically like someones taken the remains of a crocodile and a monkey and attached them together somehow. The thing looks like it's been decomposing for weeks, certainly not a snapshot of a live animal sitting on the beach.

wink.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raziel

• cerberus

• snuffypuffer

• djdodo

Hi Saruman, i have posted a link featuring this picture on the cryptozoology forum already, under the topic 'A NEW PETS IN TOWN'.it has some other strange pics, real and unexplained. i think it is a FAKE photo, but it is a fascinating picture, none the less.For entertainment value its 10/10. And how comes only half of it is decomposed? because its a cut and paste job!  aha! :sk

Ewwwwwww Definatly Fake!!!!!! :s9

if that photo is real.... i'll eat my hat. but it has the same chance of being real, as seeing a UFO land on the loch ness monsters head. :s9 or alternatively, elvis and dracula being members of the MIB's.

You really have to wonder how stuff like this gets started. It would take a lot of time and effort, not to mention intestinal fortitude, to sever in two the corpses of an alligator and a simian, and then to merge the two together using some degree of sewing talent. (or gluing, or my person favourite, the duct tape.) That's just a lot of effort, and then to write the little article, and then to translate the litttle article into the matching language. (My international languages are rusted, so I'm aware of that only being some form of middle eastern dialect.)

That's a whole lot of effort. And look where it got them!

The ancient Egyptians used to do this kind of thing, recently a group of egyptologists decided to x-ray a mummy of a child they had found, to their surprise they discovered that it was actually a human upper torso that had been sewn onto a crocodiles lower torso. They came to the conclusion that i must have been done as votive offering  to Sebek, a crocodile headed god, quite why they chose to put the top half of the body as human I can't think. But the Egyptians seemed to have done it as a way of being near their god.    

:sn Maybe tourism is a little slow in Tanjib ???

If you observe closer around the shoulder area of the torso, there seems to be an irregular gap that does not blend naturally into the background.

Pardon my cynicism  :s8

no one merged two corpses together- this photo is definitely a fake.  how is it a fake?  look at the focus on the crocodile section and then look at the focus on the 'man' section and you will see they are clearly from 2 different photos just photoshopped together.  a really badly faked job in my opinion.  

anyone with half a brain would make sure they photographed the croc and the 'man' from the exact same distances and also the same lighting if possible.  the problem then would be making the picture look a little bad so it wouldnt be too good.  

You guys are wrong, I see those things around my house all the time!  :s04

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ripley's Believe it or not has a mermaid that very much resembles this thing.The mermaid was found to be half money half fish.This is half monkey half alligator. wacko.gif

Davero,

The one your thinking of was called the "Fiji Mermaid", and as you say it was half monkey, have fish.

It was on display for quite some time, before it was officially debunked.

• 2 weeks later...

that's a scary pic i have to say but it's fake it looks lika mummy that was mummyfied with a lizard or crocodile and the mummy is in it's mouth.

user posted image

Guest David Bowcott

I think that It looks pretty real, and if it is a fake, they really put it together really well because from what i can see, there is nomajor change in textur that you can see.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this picture in a crypto-zoology book sometime back. It was the mummy of a monkey sewed onto a croc I think. It was an old book, predating photoshop. In fact I think it was a postcard from Florida I think. bounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gif

This type of 'fake' has been found before, the ancient egyptians used to mummify people, usually little kids in such a way as this. It actually showed egyptologists unwrapping the mummy nce on telly, Discovery Channel, I think it was.

It was supposed to represent Sobek a crocodile headed god, only the top half of the mummy was human and the bottom half the crocodile.

They could have choose a prettier head to stick on him couldnt they?eek7.gif

Guest Mike Playfair

This picture appeared way back in Dec 1992 in fortean times,

he is Jake the alligator man from marsh's free museum in Long beach.

Totally fake man. I've seen something simular to this but it was a human-fish creature that was surpose to have been a mermaid. It was proven to be a fake. dry.gif