Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tanajib "Human Animal"

Saru

These kinds of things are pathetic. I mean, apart from anything else, it's existence would make an absolute mockery of biology, zoology and quite possibly the whole theory of evolution. That's as good a starting point as any, regardless of whether it's bits of things spliced together or a doctored photo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raziel

• cerberus

• Saru

• snuffypuffer

Indeed, and he deserves it. I think i'm gonna adopt the lil' fella. Can you imagine the scene?

" Mum, can i have an alligator man? "

Ok Joey, your gonna have to stay there crying.gif

I saw this picture in a crypto-zoology book sometime back. It was the mummy of a monkey sewed onto a croc I think. It was an old book, predating photoshop. In fact I think it was a postcard from Florida I think. bounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gif

I agree.

I also saw it on the discovery channel during one of those shows where they try to find the truth in old urban legends and ghost stroies.

We've established the fact that this is a fake (about 29 times). Other than that, this thread seems to go nowhere...

• 3 weeks later...
You never know? Mankind knows more about the surface of Mars than we do about the oceans of our own planet! And more about the moon than we do our forests! Hundreds of new species are resisted each month! I’m not saying this dried up old handbag is real, but you never know?

• 2 weeks later...

It really just looks like a crusty corpse of a guy and a alligator sown together for a circus sideshow. But its a cool pic.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to stick my dumb little two cents in, I don't know if anybody saw the movie "House of 1,000 Corpses," but I'm pretty sure our little Managator friend "Joey" here was in the background in a few of the sets. Plus the fate of one of the characters is... shall we say reminiscent of "Joey" here. Anyhow, that's all.

• 4 weeks later...

From the first site only the picture looks like a fake image, though a good work of computer graphics and imaging!

We all were stating this as fake. But, to confirm from one proper authority, I have send this picture to Queensland Museum to authenticate it and as expected I immediately got the response from Mr. Steve Wilson of Queensland Museum. He has clearly declared it as fake. So, now no doubt about it. It seems some people have crate this story just for nothing....

Anyways good show.....Now I hope no more replies required on this topic.

• 1 month later...

Here's a weird looking thing I saw on a web site of strange pictures. The text underneath it is rather interesting, claiming there were thousands of these things in an area of Tanajib.

This looks basically like someones taken the remains of a crocodile and a monkey and attached them together somehow. The thing looks like it's been decomposing for weeks, certainly not a snapshot of a live animal sitting on the beach.

I'm pretty sure it's not a part of a monkey just look at it's head, it looks like at one time it had hair. The head looks way to human to be a monkey. And I think it might have to decomposing if it was real. But who knows? wacko.gif

Just to stick my dumb little two cents in, I don't know if anybody saw the movie "House of 1,000 Corpses," but I'm pretty sure our little Managator friend "Joey" here was in the background in a few of the sets. Plus the fate of one of the characters is... shall we say reminiscent of "Joey" here. Anyhow, that's all.

He even kept the name original.gif

I'm such a genius tongue.gif