Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tanajib "Human Animal"

Saru

Guest Benni

First of all excuse my bad english...

what i wanna say is, by comparing the two pics (the one postet before and the one

u can see by following the link), I noticed that the head actually.errr moved/turned :-)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raziel

• cerberus

• Saru

• snuffypuffer

CoN,

Yeah they had an episode where the 'Fiji Mermaid' was a deformed siamese twin who could dettach from his brother and went around killing people.

I think he was actually eaten in the end - quite bizarre. huh.gif

I think it has a slight chance of being real.....

1) The face is pretty real looking to me, but the crocodile end is a little fake-looking..

2) If u notice the armz, u can see some scales like a reptile on them.

Thats about all my proof.

Sorri if someone already mentioned these....

Nice pic. His name is Jake the Alligator Man, and can actually be found at Marsh's Free Museum in Long Beach, WA. Nowhere near Tanajib. More pics of Ol' Jake and some of his friends can be found at

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/merpals.html

The original "FEEGEE MERMAN," as it was called, was one of P.T Barnum's first big money hoaxes back in the mid 1800's, bringing in the cash even after it was exposed as a fake (some say he bought the thing in good faith, beleiving it to be genuine). A recreation of the original, created for a documentary, can be found at the Barnum Museum in Bridgeport, CT.

"Imitation is the greatest form of flattery."

ph34r.gif schadeaux

• 1 month later...

I think possibly a mutation could have existed, as evolution has a funny way of doing things... after all crabs, are land animals, but evolved as sea life too.

The pic is half dead and half not dead, at first glance.

Plus, if its a real creature, it's pretty crappy, and would it's species would die in no time soon.

This creature couldnt climb trees i think, and hadnt a great bite.

How and why would it survive? mellow.gifwink.gif

Guest somperson u dont yet know
If these things actually exist(ed, I think we would have known about them by now.  smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif

FAKE

cool.gif

its true its looks fake but doesnt mean we had to have discovered it by now alot of animals were discovered not long ago

Guest Mokkan

I have see one of these before at a novlety shope which you can get for $20 they have several there, and they came up with a large one called Jake the Alligator Man. cool.gif

It looks like a fake, honesty is it even alive? mad.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Well this not new for me .. smile.gif

I once got an email about them .. but that was two years ago .. It became a Fuss here in Kuwait .. but then we suddenly stopped hearing about this creature .. huh.gif

I donot know if it is real .. maybe .. maybe not wink.gif

But what I know .. that it is a bit imposible for people in Saudia Arabia to make something that looked like that as a fake ..

They are not that smart to think of this dry.gif

But any way this is a big world after all .. So there might be something like it .. just like mermaids.. smile.gif

Looks VERY suss to me, i mean, if it really was real, i think we would know about it, and be searching for the managator (xcellent nickname, no?) right this minute.

So, THANKS but no thanks, only real stuff here! ph34r.gif

I have seen this "thing" in a painting! I don't the name painting or the artist, but i can tell that it's a painting of "Adam & Eve" and the (Thing) as the "Lucifer" tricking them with the "Apple".

p.s.

I want to say it's real, but if say there is more, why only show one!

Good greif! THis looks like a pretty good doctored up picture of a mummy and a crocodile morphed togther! They can do better than that!

• 3 weeks later...

ok.. this photo looks like the fiji mermaid top digitally put onto a baby crocodile bottom. case closed. whistling.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I was reading National Enquirer or something of that sort and there was that same photo. I'm pretty sure it's a fake.

Platzap-I think you are speaking of The Wekkly World News, I have seen it there many of times, and you know if you see it there it is FAKE.....

I may be mistaken but I could have sworn I saw in a program a few years ago where it was x-rayed and was shown to be held together by wires. If it was not this one, it was something that looks similar

Fake,I saw this in a tabloid....it resembles a creation of that guy in Ripley's Believe It Or Not....he sewed the upper half of a monkey corpse to the tail of a fish an d said it was a sculpture of a "Mermaid". blink.gif

Fake,I saw this in a tabloid....it resembles a creation of that guy in Ripley's Believe It Or Not....he sewed the upper half of a monkey corpse to the tail of a fish an d said it was a sculpture of a "Mermaid". blink.gif

he said it was a 'sculpture' of a mermaid? This quote would be 100 percent truthful then, as it would be a sculpture of a mermaid. I think he claimed it was the real thing...