Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Definitely unidentified'

glorybebe

A video of what appears to be an object trailing a dark spiralling plume behind it and plummeting toward Prince Edward Island's Northumberland Strait is the focus of intense speculation.

A P.E.I. couple captured the strange event on video on Dec. 26, but witnesses and experts alike aren't certain what they're observing.

"We were kind of dumbfounded," said Tony Quigley, the P.E.I. farmer who videotaped the apparent unidentified flying object with his wife, Marie Ford-Quigley.

View Larger Image

Environment Canada and the Transportation Safety Board of Canada can't explain just what it was a P.E.I. couple filmed in the Island skies on Wednesday evening. When Tony Quigley and his wife Marie of North Tryon, just east of the Confederation Bridge, saw a dark spiral in the sky they went for the video camera.

Tony and Marie Quigley

Email to a friend

Printer friendly

Font:****The couple was out walking late in the afternoon near North Tryon on the island's west end when Mr. Quigley spotted the mysterious object. "I said to Marie, 'Look, there's a plane in trouble there.' It looked like smoke coming from it."

The couple taped the strange scene for nearly six minutes. Mr. Quigley estimates the object they saw was more than three kilometres high and is convinced that the UFO must have crashed in the strait or in New Brunswick.

They watched the spectacle for close to 30 minutes and received calls from neighbours who also witnessed it.

"I really didn't want to be looking forward to hearing that there was a plane crashing around the area and people losing their lives on Boxing Day," Mr. Quigley said.

But calls the next day to the area's airport, Summerside RCMP and the federal Transportation Safety Board came up with no reports of plane crashes.

Ms. Ford-Quigley speculates it might have been a fighter jet dumping fuel and in trouble. One thing's for sure: her husband isn't buying any stories about crashing flying saucers.

"This is definitely unidentified," Mr. Quigley said. "But if you're talking Martians or anything like that, I haven't seen any to date, so I can't say I really believe in them."

That's not the case with Gertrude Campbell. The Quigleys' neighbour also saw the UFO, along with four other people. Ms. Campbell, 65, firmly believes in UFOs.

more

link to image

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaoszerg

• glorybebe

• GreyWeather

• ships-cat

Top Posters In This Topic

where is the video?

Video no worky.

She was not kidding when she said it was Definitely unidentified.

She was not kidding when she said it was Definitely unidentified.

Well, then everybody, follow the link to the article, there is a link to the video there. I know sometimes that the pop-up windows do not work on UM for some reason. Not sure why, the other links work, I am confused, I haven't had my coffee yet, LOL.

Just looks like a comet or metiorite to me. Or maybe space debris.

Edited by Chokmah

The picture reminded me of a tornado.......nawwww that's too easy..... :)

Too slow for a meteorite.

Meow Purr.

Perhaps it's Global Warming ? (hey.. it could be.. do YOU know what it's supposed to look like ? )

Meow Purr.

Perhaps it's Global Warming ? (hey.. it could be.. do YOU know what it's supposed to look like ? )

Meow Purr.

:w00t: thats it...call al gore we've seen it...

Yeh right, I would not even be able to identify my wife on a blurry pic like that... why is it that supposed UFO's always are "seen" by people who can't handle a camera ?????

Yeh right, I would not even be able to identify my wife on a blurry pic like that... why is it that supposed UFO's always are "seen" by people who can't handle a camera ?????

They zoomed in quite a bit. Even the most steady camera-man will have shake at that zoomage.