Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon says ships harassed by Iran

Aztec Warrior

i done some searching and Iran didnt acknowledge "this event", they acknowledged "an event" took place. They called it "a routine identification" and say "no threatening message" was sent. Two very different events are being acknowledged by two different sides, ships cat makes it sound like they agreed to the American version of events... but now the US say they have video,

Louie.. you flirt with Libel. I never stated any such thing, and you are being either mischeivous... or just ignorant of the facts... to suggest such.

The situation is REALLY simple. The US Navy - on instructions from the US government - makes regular patrols of the Stratis of Hormuz. They do this in international waters... in as such as they are defined.

The Iranians "buzzed" a US navy patrol group, using inlfatable dinghies.

The US Department of State complained... and the Iranian Foreign Ministry responded. Scroll up to see it in all it's diminuitive glory.

This is nothing special, in Cat's badly-drawn opinion. this is just another day dealing with the Caliphate.

Meow Purr.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unlimited

• ships-cat

• Q24

• Stellar

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just be very very sceptical what the american govt is releasing as news and or terror and or were being attacked.

but then again the old story of the boy who cried wolf.

personally i wouldent belive this story thay might have been buzzed but its always the poor americans being attacked by the nasty enemy.

So 2 guys in a speed boat taunting a destroyer. do u think that is gonna be reason enough to spill the blood of all the innocent men ,women an children when the Americans do go in to iran cos of the speedboat incident, all those people who will die just like in Afghanastan and Iraq and not to mention the American soliders and the allies they drag in with them, more bloodshed and massacre, yep just what we need.

that video is laughable. yep those 2 guys are some huge threat.

So 2 guys in a speed boat taunting a destroyer. do u think that is gonna be reason enough to spill the blood of all the innocent men ,women an children when the Americans do go in to iran cos of the speedboat incident, all those people who will die just like in Afghanastan and Iraq and not to mention the American soliders and the allies they drag in with them, more bloodshed and massacre, yep just what we need.

After the USS Cole I am surprised they were allowed to get so close

Thats a good point maybe they were allowed to get this close to cause a scandal/incident, an kick start the war.

really guys dont trust these people.

Thats a good point maybe they were allowed to get this close to cause a scandal/incident, an kick start the war.

really guys dont trust these people.

As was said about 4 pages ago, if they were that desperate to kick start a war why didn't they just blow them out of the water ?

Cool someone posted up the BBC news bit on this.

BBC ALSO provides a bit of AUDIO on this incident which adds to more concern on just wth went on out there.

LISTEN TO IT HERE

This was a close call! Thank heavens nothing happened. WTF were those nut jobbers trying to pull any way?!

Well I don't think this incident has sparked a war with Iran. And I don't think it's going to now.

Sure you might argue it will be used as yet another part in some gradual campaign to go to war. But saying "reason enough to spill the blood of all the innocent men ,women an children when the Americans do go in to iran cos of the speedboat incident" is a little too hyperbolic, don' t ya think?

Well I don't think this incident has sparked a war with Iran. And I don't think it's going to now.

Sure you might argue it will be used as yet another part in some gradual campaign to go to war. But saying "reason enough to spill the blood of all the innocent men ,women an children when the Americans do go in to iran cos of the speedboat incident" is a little too hyperbolic, don' t ya think?

Why do you think it wont happen if they go into war.

google the number of civlians dead in Iraq and Afghanstan since they moved in there.

Should have blown them out of the water, yes, but they like to avoid friendly fire just like anyone

huh...friendly fire?...I would have sunk them..

huh...friendly fire?...I would have sunk them..

the Iranians have come out saying the film and audio of the confrontation are fake...

What suprises me is how low-key the Iranian government is being on this. On past behaviour you would expect them to be making belicose statements about how the IRG is defending Iranian waters against the Great Satan etc etc etc.

Cat is slightly concerned. What ARE the Mullah's up to ?

Meow Purr.

What suprises me is how low-key the Iranian government is being on this. On past behaviour you would expect them to be making belicose statements about how the IRG is defending Iranian waters against the Great Satan etc etc etc.

Cat is slightly concerned. What ARE the Mullah's up to ?

Meow Purr.

???????????? good question...they are denying it ever happened...

???????????? good question...they are denying it ever happened...

Huh ?? Are you SURE ? I thought the head of the Foreign Ministry had already made a statement acknowleging the event ? (a routine identification excercise) ??

Meow Purr.

Huh ?? Are you SURE ? I thought the head of the Foreign Ministry had already made a statement acknowleging the event ? (a routine identification excercise) ??

Meow Purr.

just out..yahoo news.. iranians say tapes are fabricated...

the Iranians have come out saying the film and audio of the confrontation are fake...

just like the existence of homosexuals in iran:P

the mullahs imo are running scared...the iranian guard has run amok along with ahmidinjad...

Negative, the entire minus 14 miles on either side.

These 14 miles are irrevocably considered territorial waters unless the distance between two countries is less, then it is in the middle where territorial waters end.

Now, if the US "considers" it international waters that is up to them... international law and conventions are not very respected lately.

The strait at its narrowest is 21 miles wide, so your math doesn't add up. But Iran considers the entire gulf their terrority and doesn't recognize Intl waters.

Ships moving through the Strait follow a Traffic Separation Scheme (TSS), which separates inbound from outbound traffic to reduce the risk of collision. The traffic lane is six miles wide, including two two-mile-wide traffic lanes, one inbound and one outbound, separated by a two-mile wide separation median.

That's why its considered a choke point.

Where do you get two guys from? I see at least three in one speed boat and at least three speed boats VERY close to the US naval vessels.

Its funny how the Iranians acknowledge some event occured at that location and that time, but somehow the video and audio is fake.

Why do you think it wont happen if they go into war.

google the number of civlians dead in Iraq and Afghanstan since they moved in there.

I don't doubt there will probably be a large number of civilian casualties if the U.S goes to war with Iran. I was just saying, I disagree with the idea that it will all be because of this one situation, although it might have been different if they'd opened fire.

Edited by Ins0mniac

After 9/11, a little speed boat happening on the Strait of Hormuz looks like a fart on the far side of Jupiter.