Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon says ships harassed by Iran

Aztec Warrior

Yeeees... thanks for that Mekorig and Aztec.. but I'm not sure it takes us any further forward.

Everyone is talking about this 'mystery radio message', and the USN have already suggested that it was the so-called "filipino monkey". My concern is that ... does this entity actually exist ? If - as suggested in the Times of London article a couple of posts ago - the monkey has been operating for 25 years, why has nobody caught him ?

These are major waterways with heavy traffic, surrounded by countries who have NOTHING to gain by seeing their shipping inconvenienced. They are also somewhat authoritarian. So why havn't they RDF'd this monkey, and slapped its paws already ?

Cat smells a rat, rather than a monkey. It just seems..... odd.

Meow Purr.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unlimited

• ships-cat

• Q24

• Stellar

Top Posters In This Topic

A Google seems to find no references to the "filipino monkey" earlier than January 08...so if he was a "well known phenomenon" for 25 years, no one at all had mentioned him ever before now?

Here be one theory on the matter.

the filipino monkey will be none other than Mahmoud Ahmadinejad himself, sends the boats out to intercept the US ships, while the Iranian ship are messing about from the safety of his bunker wearing his tin-foil hat "Filipino Monkey" AKA Ahmadinjad grabs hold of the Radio and in his best english accent gives the warning, and while this is all going on the Iranian sailors are unaware they are being used as bait,

Iran knows an attack over its nuclear program is inevitable, and with world opinion being against the US, the Iranians tried to seize the moment by trying to get the US to open fire,

then they can say to the world, look, whos fired the first shot, the US, they killed our innocent sailors, turning world opinion against the US even more making it much harder for the US to get international support for any future attack,

:D:gun:

Edited by stevewinn

A Google seems to find no references to the "filipino monkey" earlier than January 08...so if he was a "well known phenomenon" for 25 years, no one at all had mentioned him ever before now?

perhaps the Americans staged the whole incident

using a gay sailor on board one of the Warships to

issue the statements

it wouldn't be the first time in history and

surely won't be the last time.

---In 2005, it was revealed in an official NSA declassified report[2] that the first alleged attack,

on the destroyer Maddox, was in fact carried out after the Maddox fired first. In 2008, another

declassified NSA report[3] revealed that no attack happened on August 4.---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident

Edited by acidhead43

why should they apologize because a grop of dumbasses decided to come to close to navel war ships driving in a agressive manner,,,,and then the war ships not firing on them,,,no i dont think we have anything to say im sorry for..

How about an apology from the Pentagon for misleading the International community, US citizens and falsely accusing Iran over the incident?

When the news first broke, the Pentagon led everyone to believe the "explode" radio message came from the Iranian speedboats, even going so far as to 'paste' the audio over video footage. With the seemingly forced climb down of the Pentagon, due to the Iranian's releasing their own footage, it has been revealed the US Navy in fact had no evidence of where the message came from. Further, if true, it appears this 'Filipino Monkey' was known to authorities. Why then was this all not made evident to the public from the start? Why were all the facts not made visible until the Pentagon was backed into a corner? If the Iranian's did not happen to have their own recording would the Pentagon still now be allowing their original story to spread?

The damage caused by the Pentagon's false account of the incident is irreversible - I guarantee there will always now be people convinced, through lack of knowledge, that "Iranians threatened to explode US warships in the Gulf". I suspect elements in the US will be quite pleased of that.

Hmmm... no. Sorry.

How about "it all happened rather quickly, and nobody really knew what was going on, and initial reports (which the media DEMANDED) have subsequently proven more complex than originaly thought".

Personaly, I don't hack this "conspiracy theory". I have no DOUBT that certain elements in the White House jumped on this and tried to 'spin' it. But I do NOT buy the idea that the USN initiated - or deliberately sustained - a hoax.

I most CERTAINLY don't feel they need to apologise. Not on the basis of the information we have so far.

As for the Iranians. On the LIMITED information I have so far, they SEEM to have been agressive, and broken the "rules of the road". (this is a formal understanding about navigation protocols). However, Cat will await further developements before accusing them, but will note that the Islamic Republic has a track record of ignoring protocols when it suits them. We shall see.

Sheesh. Talk about "rush to judgement".

Meow Purr.

How about an apology from the Pentagon for misleading the International community, US citizens and falsely accusing Iran over the incident?

When the news first broke, the Pentagon led everyone to believe the "explode" radio message came from the Iranian speedboats, even going so far as to 'paste' the audio over video footage. With the seemingly forced climb down of the Pentagon, due to the Iranian's releasing their own footage, it has been revealed the US Navy in fact had no evidence of where the message came from. Further, if true, it appears this 'Filipino Monkey' was known to authorities. Why then was this all not made evident to the public from the start? Why were all the facts not made visible until the Pentagon was backed into a corner? If the Iranian's did not happen to have their own recording would the Pentagon still now be allowing their original story to spread?

The damage caused by the Pentagon's false account of the incident is irreversible - I guarantee there will always now be people convinced, through lack of knowledge, that "Iranians threatened to explode US warships in the Gulf". I suspect elements in the US will be quite pleased of that.

If what you are saying is true, then why did the USN admit to anything?

Because the Iranians had some kind of proof to the contrary?

If it is as you say, the speedboats would be history and Iran and the US would be at war. Which, they are not.

And the truth of the matter is, the Iranians nor the US act like they know which one of their versions of the event to stick with.

Hmmm... no. Sorry.

How about "it all happened rather quickly, and nobody really knew what was going on, and initial reports (which the media DEMANDED) have subsequently proven more complex than originaly thought".

Personaly, I don't hack this "conspiracy theory". I have no DOUBT that certain elements in the White House jumped on this and tried to 'spin' it. But I do NOT buy the idea that the USN initiated - or deliberately sustained - a hoax.

I most CERTAINLY don't feel they need to apologise. Not on the basis of the information we have so far.

As for the Iranians. On the LIMITED information I have so far, they SEEM to have been agressive, and broken the "rules of the road". (this is a formal understanding about navigation protocols). However, Cat will await further developements before accusing them, but will note that the Islamic Republic has a track record of ignoring protocols when it suits them. We shall see.

Sheesh. Talk about "rush to judgement".

Meow Purr.

The American government never lies to get into war!!!! DOES ANYBODY READ!!!!

b.s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident

Yeeees... thanks for that Mekorig and Aztec.. but I'm not sure it takes us any further forward.

Everyone is talking about this 'mystery radio message', and the USN have already suggested that it was the so-called "filipino monkey". My concern is that ... does this entity actually exist ? If - as suggested in the Times of London article a couple of posts ago - the monkey has been operating for 25 years, why has nobody caught him ?

These are major waterways with heavy traffic, surrounded by countries who have NOTHING to gain by seeing their shipping inconvenienced. They are also somewhat authoritarian. So why havn't they RDF'd this monkey, and slapped its paws already ?

Cat smells a rat, rather than a monkey. It just seems..... odd.

Meow Purr.

Exactly cat, this person doesnt exist. No way shape or form I'm very sure radio operations in the Straights of Hormuz are very monitered and a rouge radio operator would find himself in very bad straits indeed,very quickly. No, somebody may be trying to save face but I will always highly doubt this twist on the story.

Splicing audio with the video? Mmm. If the audio had said, 'we love NFL and buckets of popcorn' one can be sure it wouldn't have been spliced, whatever the source. Filipino monkey? It's more likely to have been some wag on the US ship itself than a local getting twitchy with a CB or a satellite transponding Gloria Arroyo doing nationalist karaoke.

Oh gawd, piddly matters for piddly people is exactly how the overlords can flick the dim switch and lord over us with noxious debates, while the new, improved bombs are built.

Exactly! I have doubts about this because of all the other propaganda that the US gov't has thrown out to justify attacking another country.

I wouldnt doubt if the war started as soon as bush returns....

Throw enogh darts and you will hit the bullseye eventually. What about the war starting on the 6th and the super secret attack NE of Tehran ? You have gone awfully quiet on that.

Throw enogh darts and you will hit the bullseye eventually. What about the war starting on the 6th and the super secret attack NE of Tehran ? You have gone awfully quiet on that.

It will all come out eventually...it was nw...

So... noone in Tehran has been witness to that attack, and that's why it is still secret? Must not have been that great of an attack then.

So... noone in Tehran has been witness to that attack, and that's why it is still secret? Must not have been that great of an attack then.

...or they are tidying up before liberally scattering civillian bodies and farm tools around the site. Or there was no attack.

He's going to start WW III yet. Can't he get enough of innocent people's blood? They've already had so many soldiers coming to Canada because of their disillusionment over Iraq...I can't stand Bush. I'm surprised he hasn't been shot at over there. Maybe that is what he wants, then he could say Iran was behind it, and attack.

when a secret facility that they say doesnt exist; gets blown up. do you think they report it?....

That's a bit like "if a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?" ....

And now it turns out it never happened. i think you will find at the start of this thread i told you all to be very sceptical with the US on this as it may not have happened, ahem. smiles.

And now it turns out it never happened. i think you will find at the start of this thread i told you all to be very sceptical with the US on this as it may not have happened, ahem. smiles.

LOL, neener, neener, neener. You're funny, louie.

I laughed the whole time I was reading this thread, especially when a couple posters said they could not think of one single reason how this charade could benefit the US... even though this went down just as Bush was kicking off his anti-Iran Mid East tour. Both these news items were even top stories for days but two and two couldnt be put together :lol: