Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

THE ARK OF THE COVENANT

sandee

linked-image No ancient relic causes so much controversy as the Ark of the Covenant. The subject of Spielberg's 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', featuring the intrepid Indiana Jones, the film does not exaggerate the passions the mystery of its location and power entails.

Believed to have been constructed from acacia wood by Moses on Mount Sinai about 1250BC, the wooden chest is overlain with solid gold on both the inside and outside. 3ft 9in long and 2ft 3in wide and high, it has a lid of solid gold with a pair of cherubim. Gold rings attached to the Ark's sides allow poles to pass through to be carried.

l

WHERE IS IT?

There are several theories concerning the location of the Ark. In 1952 a scroll known as the Copper Scroll was found near the caves at Qumran where the famous Dead Sea Scrolls were found. The scroll purportedly contains a list of sacred items that used to reside in Herod the Great's second Temple, destroyed by the Romans in 70AD.

Among the listed items, it is thought, is the Ark. This discovery eventually fascinated American archaeologist Vendyl Jones. As director of the Institute for Judaic Christian Rsearch in Texas, Jones, who claims to be the real Indiana Jones, led an expedition to the area in March 1992. Claiming to have unearthed incense from the Temple, in May the Israeli Antiquities Authority suddenly stopped the excavation without explanation.

Could the Ark be buried near Qumran? Graham Hancock thinks not. According to him, the Ark remained in the Temple at Jerusalem until about 650BC.

REMARKABLE POWERS

The Old Testament speaks clearly of the Divine power of the Ark. When captured by the Philistines, they quickly got rid of it when they came down with a terrifying plague which caused cancerous tumours.

At Jericho the Ark was marched around the walls, and it is said to have been its power that caused the walls to fall down. Others who inadvertently touched it were instantly killed, and only a chosen few could manage to carry it on its poles, well over a hundred yards ahead of the people. Moses himself is said to have had a face that shined, and usually wore a cowl, after building the Ark.

Due to such powers, many theories have been offered as to what the Ark really was. Some even believe it was actually a small nuclear reactor, hence the cancerous boils, Moses's 'radiation effects' and its seemingly miraculous power.

POWERS EXPLAINED?

Of course, easy answers can be placed on the powers of the Ark. It is well accepted that the walls of Jericho fell due to earthquake activity. Similarly, belief in its power was all that was needed for the Philistines to imagine disaster, possibly even causing some form of hysterically induced poltergeist activity.

As for the dangers of boils from being too close to the Ark, suggestion can easily cause illness in such a superstitious culture. Curses are known to happen in many primitive societies, based on the absolute belief that a curse can work.

But all this is irrelevant to the real power of the Ark. Thought of as the throne for the earthly power of an invisible God, it represented the very centre of faith to the people who birthed the idea of monotheism.

In this, sense, whether real or imagined, the Ark remains an icon of world-changing proportions. And there is no greater power than this.(wordpress.com)

:rolleyes: What do you think does the Ark hold mysterious powers? Always a pleasure

When mary magadalene entered the tomb she found two angels one sitting at the head and the other at the foot of the place where Jesus had laid this illustrates the ark covenant, the sacrifice, and the two cherubims one at the head of the ark one the foot –John 20:11

God bless..

Edited by sandee

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Omnaka

• ravergirl

• sandee

• wolfiegirl

Top Posters In This Topic

linked-image No ancient relic causes so much controversy as the Ark of the Covenant. The subject of Spielberg's 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', featuring the intrepid Indiana Jones, the film does not exaggerate the passions the mystery of its location and power entails.

Believed to have been constructed from acacia wood by Moses on Mount Sinai about 1250BC, the wooden chest is overlain with solid gold on both the inside and outside. 3ft 9in long and 2ft 3in wide and high, it has a lid of solid gold with a pair of cherubim. Gold rings attached to the Ark's sides allow poles to pass through to be carried.

l

WHERE IS IT?

There are several theories concerning the location of the Ark. In 1952 a scroll known as the Copper Scroll was found near the caves at Qumran where the famous Dead Sea Scrolls were found. The scroll purportedly contains a list of sacred items that used to reside in Herod the Great's second Temple, destroyed by the Romans in 70AD.

Among the listed items, it is thought, is the Ark. This discovery eventually fascinated American archaeologist Vendyl Jones. As director of the Institute for Judaic Christian Rsearch in Texas, Jones, who claims to be the real Indiana Jones, led an expedition to the area in March 1992. Claiming to have unearthed incense from the Temple, in May the Israeli Antiquities Authority suddenly stopped the excavation without explanation.

Could the Ark be buried near Qumran? Graham Hancock thinks not. According to him, the Ark remained in the Temple at Jerusalem until about 650BC.

REMARKABLE POWERS

The Old Testament speaks clearly of the Divine power of the Ark. When captured by the Philistines, they quickly got rid of it when they came down with a terrifying plague which caused cancerous tumours.

At Jericho the Ark was marched around the walls, and it is said to have been its power that caused the walls to fall down. Others who inadvertently touched it were instantly killed, and only a chosen few could manage to carry it on its poles, well over a hundred yards ahead of the people. Moses himself is said to have had a face that shined, and usually wore a cowl, after building the Ark.

Due to such powers, many theories have been offered as to what the Ark really was. Some even believe it was actually a small nuclear reactor, hence the cancerous boils, Moses's 'radiation effects' and its seemingly miraculous power.

POWERS EXPLAINED?

Of course, easy answers can be placed on the powers of the Ark. It is well accepted that the walls of Jericho fell due to earthquake activity. Similarly, belief in its power was all that was needed for the Philistines to imagine disaster, possibly even causing some form of hysterically induced poltergeist activity.

As for the dangers of boils from being too close to the Ark, suggestion can easily cause illness in such a superstitious culture. Curses are known to happen in many primitive societies, based on the absolute belief that a curse can work.

But all this is irrelevant to the real power of the Ark. Thought of as the throne for the earthly power of an invisible God, it represented the very centre of faith to the people who birthed the idea of monotheism.

In this, sense, whether real or imagined, the Ark remains an icon of world-changing proportions. And there is no greater power than this.(wordpress.com)

:rolleyes: What do you think does the Ark hold mysterious powers? Always a pleasure

When mary magadalene entered the tomb she found two angels one sitting at the head and the other at the foot of the place where Jesus had laid this illustrates the ark covenant, the sacrifice, and the two cherubims one at the head of the ark one the foot –John 20:11

God bless..

Im not sure, but i also heard or read somewhere, maybe even by graham hancock that the ark maybe somewhere in ethiopia. correct me if im wrong.

l

WHERE IS IT?

REMARKABLE POWERS

POWERS EXPLAINED?

God bless..

look for the lost tribe and you will find the ark

The vatican Has it.

I think They stole it.

Thers Irony for ya

Love Omnaka

there were twelve tribes and two are unknown, although i heard and read some theories, that those tribes left judea and settle in northern kashmir and parts of afghanistan, there are alot of similarities in culture and some traditions and looks in the generation there now, although majority are now muslim, the theory claims, that the two lost tribes settles there, i will try and get some further info on this, if i can remember where it was, but im not saying they have ark, i thought it was an interesting point about the lost tribes.

What do you think does the Ark hold mysterious powers?

Yes It holds the Power of Love For Mankind, and was A gift to us from Father.

The vatican would be wise to Leave it sealed, and Burry the ark,

Love Omnaka

The vatican Has it.

I think They stole it.

Thers Irony for ya

Love Omnaka

how do you figure the Vatican has it?

Father told me.

Love Omnaka

Father told me.

Love Omnaka

okay. but could you say that in your opinion the Vatican has it. because the Vatican is a city as well as a church and stating that as fact is not fair to the people of the city that may have no idea the father told you and since no one has seen it there it isn't fact.

okay. but could you say that in your opinion the Vatican has it. because the Vatican is a city as well as a church and stating that as fact is not fair to the people of the city that may have no idea the father told you and since no one has seen it there it isn't fact.

There are People of Power who are Running The Vatican, And there are People who Know nothing Of what these Powerful People running the Vatican do Or Have in their posession. THe Pope Knows, He is a good man But He does know.

Iam not acusing any one , Especially those who do not Know, I was Just telling where The Ark is.

If you do not Believe me That is Your Choice, it is understandable.

Those who Have It have seen it, just because you Haven't Does not Mean no one has.

Love Omnaka

There are People of Power who are Running The Vatican, And there are People who Know nothing Of what these Powerful People running the Vatican do Or Have in their posession. THe Pope Knows, He is a good man But He does know.

Iam not acusing any one , Especially those who do not Know, I was Just telling where The Ark is.

If you do not Believe me That is Your Choice, it is understandable.

Those who Have It have seen it, just because you Haven't Does not Mean no one has.

Love Omnaka

Why isn't in the holy of holy's in Ethiopia where the Queen of Sheba hailed from?

Why isn't in the holy of holy's in Ethiopia where the Queen of Sheba hailed from?

I dont Know, was the ark given to The Queen of sheba?

I only asked Father wher it is now.

Love Omnaka

I dont Know, was the ark given to The Queen of sheba?

I only asked Father wher it is now.

Love Omnaka

are you going to go get it so we can put it in a museum. since the vatican stole it

it is also said that the ark houses the secrets of life.

maybe oh maybe

god gave us the gift of science

and the ark is the symbol[device] of said science.

a battery like theorized represents energy [a key to life?]

who cares where it is

its probally been destroyed to prevent us from learning.

who you ask. who will hijack the church and run it into the ground. who are you warned about in revelations. who has already done these things.

personally I don't think anyone has come close to guessing right. at all. it is somewhere...but where?

it is also said that the ark houses the secrets of life.

maybe oh maybe

god gave us the gift of science

and the ark is the symbol[device] of said science.

a battery like theorized represents energy [a key to life?]

who cares where it is

its probally been destroyed to prevent us from learning.

who you ask. who will hijack the church and run it into the ground. who are you warned about in revelations. who has already done these things.

The secret is love unconditional, We can still read it today.

If one Loves His neighbor as himself, He won't steal, He wont Falsy accuse, He wont Lookat His neighbors wife with Lust, Commit adultry He wont Kill His brother erc, etc, and by doing This he will be Loving (Honoring) His real Mother and Father of his eternal spirit God in Heaven, and His biological Parents on Earth.

THe power lay In Unconditional Love.

Love Omnaka

The secret is love unconditional, We can still read it today.

If one Loves His neighbor as himself, He won't steal, He wont Falsy accuse, He wont Lookat His neighbors wife with Lust, Commit adultry He wont Kill His brother erc, etc, and by doing This he will be Loving (Honoring) His real Mother and Father of his eternal spirit God in Heaven, and His biological Parents on Earth.

THe power lay In Unconditional Love.

Love Omnaka

the arc of the covenent did not have anything to do with love IMO. it was a vessle of a holy law book.

are you going to go get it so we can put it in a museum. since the vatican stole it

I already said what I thought should be done with it.

And in the post to Nick under this one I tell the secret of The words inside.

Love Omnaka

the arc of the covenent did not have anything to do with love IMO. it was a vessle of a holy law book.

If Father gives Father's children Rules to live By, That would help them, is that not Love from Above?

Or do you see it as some Kind Of wrath.

Love Omnaka

I dont Know, was the ark given to The Queen of sheba?I only asked Father wher it is now.

Love Omnaka

You never answered My question, I answered yours.

Love Omnaka

the bible say's in REVELATION that the ARK is in Heaven.

So i don't believe we well find it on eath....sorry

The Love unconditional is in Heaven. I agree. But the actual Tablets and case, the Vatican has.

Love Omnaka

If Father gives Father's children Rules to live By, That would help them, is that not Love from Above?

Or do you see it as some Kind Of wrath.

Love Omnaka

I see it as a separate issue. being that though laws are made because he loves us and wants us to live to our best does not mean that the arc contains love. I do not see love as the answer to everything even if it is a part of everything. somethings are concrete and hard lined.

I see it as a separate issue. being that though laws are made because he loves us and wants us to live to our best does not mean that the arc contains love. I do not see love as the answer to everything even if it is a part of everything. somethings are concrete and hard lined.

So you see it as some kind Of wrathfull power handed down To Moses?

Love Omnaka