Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police helicopter chases UFO

crosis

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• crosis

• Loonboy

• Althalus

[blue]

I think the thermal imaging would provide some interesting results.

Wonder which programme is going to get to show it?

[/blue] ???

Here's the video footage of the UFO you were asking for that was taken by the helicopter crew;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/news/video/ufo.ram  :o

You will need a recent version of real player to view the video, not sure what version, as I'm posting this at work & am unable to view it myself.

Magikman  :sg

* - The link may not always work, depending on the amount of traffic attempting to access the footage. Keep trying, it will work eventually.  :)

Crosis,

Yea, it is a pretty crappy video if you attempt to view it with a dial-up connection. The picture is way to choppy and the player keeps buffering, which is really annoying.  :s3  Hopefully it will be easier to access later on when there isn't so much traffic.  :-/  Wouldn't have bothered posting this if I knew the video was such poor quality. Oh well.

Magikman  :sg

who here hates real player?  i refuse to put that piece of **** on my computer.  anyone have a link to this that is actually in a viewable format?

Real Player sucks! It always crashes! Quicktime is the best, and WMP is just a must because they play the most file typs...

Odin :s8

• 3 weeks later...

I won't install it either - if i wanted Real to know my surfing habits i'd email them my temporary internet files folder.

The first link I provided no longer works, here's another that does, for those of you who may want to view the video. The quality is marginally better, although still not perfect;  :s04

CLICK HERE

The video link is in the UFO Watch box on the right.

PS - you're correct about Real, but the Windows Media player accesses all the same information as the Real Player, so security will always be an issue.

Magikman  :sf

that's the worst footage of a UFO i've ever seen. I could only understand one word they were saying and the quality was so crap but if you are thinking of looking at this d/l the latest real player - RealOne Player (it runs smooth on that)

if ppl are worried about spyware that real player and other programs have download 'Pest Patrol' - it removes every spyware files off your computer

• 2 months later...

Just happened to come across this the other day. It's a smoother, clearer video, although cut down to less than a minute playing time. It must have been used in a news broadcast, because there is some commentary by the pilots. You'll still need the real player to view it. Click on the link below;

CLICK HERE

Magikman cool.gif

Well thanks for the new link, which is a ton better than the other ones. Despite the clarity of this new one, it's difficult to tell exactly what it is.

It's interesting....

huh.gif

Certainly an unusual looking object, but it's probably impossible to tell for sure what it is from the video. I agree that the quality of RealPlayer videos leave a lot to be desired, but at least it's better than still pictures.

unsure.gif

In one segment the UFO seems to be a flying triangle rather than a disc. And it was either flying really fast or the chopper was spinning.

What I don't understand is how something so intriguing to the whole public that happened in August of 2000 is only being spoken about now? A little delayed don't you think.

the footage was probably kept as evidence for the crime that the chopper was following, it has come to court and finished so they can now show the footage.

It could be a little thing called the data protection act, But that only applies if the footage was stored digitally.And P.A.C.E.(police and criminal evidence act).

It's all rather confusing and very very boring.

unsure.gif