Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My review of Ghost Hunters International

Mr Mehaha

Brian may be quieter but doesnt take long for his obnoxious behavior to surface. He was determined to go into the tunnel, then screams like a girl that something is chasing him, and I did notice whoever was with him, never helped him out or even showed an interest in his claims.

It's called "upstaging." Brian's a ham, after all; that's his charm. Lol. And I'm sure the GHI members are not immune to jealous behavior.

Edited by dlv

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• NoahJaymes

• 667-Neighbor of the Beast

• Asphodel

Donna always looks good. Did she have a ring on!!!??? Boycotting Donna! No no, I couldn't do that.

ooooooo, I'm telling KRIS! ((jk))

Okay I haven't been able to watch ANY tv so I'm just reading. Was it any good? Seems like it. Yeah I remember Robb on the first show being kind of "stiff". He's just not used to being filmed yet. He is very serious but that's cool. Doesn't bother me.

It's called "upstaging." Brian's a ham, after all; that's his charm. Lol. And I'm sure the GHI members are not immune to jealous behavior.

LOL I just wish they left him in that tunnel and came back to the states LOL>..JN

It's beginning to remind me of the show "Most Haunted". The way that Brian had is so called encounter with a shadow in that crawl space the one time that he was alone the whole night. I remember a episode of TAPS once where they said that Brian was known to exaggerate his experiences from time to time, and that is a big reason why they always stay together in pairs. To see him off on his own even for a minute sent red flags up in my mind.

Several people also talked about seeing shadows on the walls, being touched and the room going dark. None of this was caught on film though and all they got were a few EVP. Sound familiar? The Most Haunted show does this kinda thing all the time. They say they see things, but nothing ever gets caught on film.

I wonder if the evidence is showing similarities to Most Haunted because both shows are in Europe, and the hauntings there are different than America? It's possible I suppose. Maybe European hauntings are more likely to touch you, or take the shape of shadows that are just too darn fast to be caught on film. It's also possible that the new show had decided to stretch the truth.

I guess it is too soon to really judge the show, but the last episode has me wondering about their ethics a little.

Edited by cpjason

It's beginning to remind me of the show "Most Haunted". The way that Brian had is so called encounter with a shadow in that crawl space the one time that he was alone the whole night. I remember a episode of TAPS once where they said that Brian was known to exaggerate his experiences from time to time, and that is a big reason why they always stay together in pairs. To see him off on his own even for a minute sent red flags up in my mind.

Several people also talked about seeing shadows on the walls, being touched and the room going dark. None of this was caught on film though and all they got were a few EVP. Sound familiar? The Most Haunted show does this kinda thing all the time. They say they see things, but nothing ever gets caught on film.

I wonder if the evidence is showing similarities to Most Haunted because both shows are in Europe, and the hauntings there are different than America? It's possible I suppose. Maybe European hauntings are more likely to touch you, or take the shape of shadows that are just too darn fast to be caught on film. It's also possible that the new show had decided to stretch the truth.

I guess it is too soon to really judge the show, but the last episode has me wondering about their ethics a little.

I am so mad I've missed out on all TV these past ten days or so.

I would think, since Europe has so much more history than the "baby" USA it would have a lot more and a lot more different types of hauntings than the US. Who knows? That statement was based on pure speculation but it seems possible or somewhat logical.

Cant answer that I am female. But do you guys actually watch the show, or the females? LOL..Brian may be quieter but doesnt take long for his obnoxious behavior to surface. He was determined to go into the tunnel, then screams like a girl that something is chasing him, and I did notice whoever was with him, never helped him out or even showed an interest in his claims.

That is Barry, and I was surprised at that, while watching that. First time I believe we all saw Barry on regular 'Ghost Hunters', is when they went to investigate Leap Castle there in Ireland. In there was a dugged out pit, that use to be a place with spikes and people were thrown into it. Very very creepy. Grant went in there, to see what he experienced, and Jason was standing in the room, where the entrance of the pit was. Barry was listening in on a radio, I believe, and when both Jason and Barry heard footsteops, Barry freaked out, ran like a bat out of hell toward the opening of the pit, to see if Grant's life was in danger. It was funny, because both Jason and Grant, when the camera zoomed into him to show he was fine, both had looks on their faces which were like, 'hey, what's ya problem?'. They were confused by Barry's reaction. Yet, he was Brian in an tight enclosed area, yelling that something was in there with him, and when the camera zoomed into Barry's face, he was motionless. I would have thought, considering when he was with Brian at leap castle and kept yelling at Brian to be careful, that he would screaming like a girl to 'save' Brian.

Though, when Brian first mentioned seeing something in that enclosed area, I just screamed out, "Dude! Run!" :lol:

I wouldn't say that, I personally think that being in places much older than American places, there would be more instances of experiences.

Well, the investigators are our ears and eyes. The cameras are being worked by cameramen who are in the back who in small confined areas well, aren't just as mobile as others. The cameramen have one job and that is film them as they are in the field. So Brian speaking what he is seeing and everyone talking about what they are feeling although may seem over the top, could be for the viewers sake. Again, the cameras can't be in two places at once after all they aren't investigating, they are following, by the time someone says they see something and they pan over, of course we aren't going to see anything.

Also, think of it like this. What you are seeing is complete darkness with exception to a few flashlights, maybe. Although doesn't appear like it due to the night vision these people are in complete darkness half the time. They may be investigators for one of the biggest groups (popularity wise), but they are also human. Put anyone in an unfamilar place with lights out where you may already be uncomfortable, factor in cold drafts, cobwebs, `of course you may get a tad spooked regardless of who you are. So Brian's "Dude Run" and Barry's over-active protection is everyday people doing what a majority of the world does not understand or otherwise scared of.

When was the last time any of us were in a castle over in Europe investigating small ass crawl spaces? When was the last time any of us (except of the ones who do investigate) went to a location known to be haunted, walked into complete darkness showing even a little light only to see what appears to be a dark mass before you? Would you stand your ground, or do what is instinct and run?

I have been doing this quite some time and have realized that it is much easier to get spooked at a bigger location such as a hotel, castle than it would be at a private residence.

I said the same thing the other day when I watched the commercial for this week's show, that is beginning to resemble MH..MH team doesnt claim to be anything they are not. I find David Wells and Dr.Ciaran O'Keefe extremely credible, and their resumes speak for themselves. They have never shown the public their evidence at the end, but as it happens, and they have been on the air for years now. In any case, they "were" two kind of shows, and I for one like diversity. Now that TAPS is in the UK, it IS the same thing. Its pretty darn hard to get photos in a bunch of dark, gloomy caves. I enjoyed TAPS at residential locations, and MH for being in the UK and doing their thing in castles, churches, etc. I think there are many more haunted locations in Europe, due to the age and type of dwellings, as opposed to the states. TAPS should have remained TAPS so that they were not in the same league as MH..I do enjoy watching both shows, because I enjoy that type of show, but liked it better when they were different..JN

I said the same thing the other day when I watched the commercial for this week's show, that is beginning to resemble MH..MH team doesnt claim to be anything they are not. I find David Wells and Dr.Ciaran O'Keefe extremely credible, and their resumes speak for themselves. They have never shown the public their evidence at the end, but as it happens, and they have been on the air for years now. In any case, they "were" two kind of shows, and I for one like diversity. Now that TAPS is in the UK, it IS the same thing. Its pretty darn hard to get photos in a bunch of dark, gloomy caves. I enjoyed TAPS at residential locations, and MH for being in the UK and doing their thing in castles, churches, etc. I think there are many more haunted locations in Europe, due to the age and type of dwellings, as opposed to the states. TAPS should have remained TAPS so that they were not in the same league as MH..I do enjoy watching both shows, because I enjoy that type of show, but liked it better when they were different..JN

I beg to differ :innocent: I spent most of my life in the UK and I have seen more ghosts/spirits in the US than I've seen in my life before :P

And I was deeply offended when they said they hate the brits.. <_<

I beg to differ :innocent: I spent most of my life in the UK and I have seen more ghosts/spirits in the US than I've seen in my life before :P

And I was deeply offended when they said they hate the brits.. <_<

LOL That was Brian trying to provoke what was reported as a Demonic..Wish it kicked his butt..JN

You do realize TAPS is TAPS and GHI is GHI right, two totally different groups, although sharing similar people. TAPS still does their thing here in the US, GHI well, the name speaks for itself. As they say on the TAPS site, when you talk about GHI don't refer to them as TAPS same for the other way around.

So in another word, GHI is like MH, TAPS is far from.

You do realize TAPS is TAPS and GHI is GHI right, two totally different groups, although sharing similar people. TAPS still does their thing here in the US, GHI well, the name speaks for itself. As they say on the TAPS site, when you talk about GHI don't refer to them as TAPS same for the other way around.

So in anothe

r word, GHI is like MH, TAPS is far from.

Umm Yes I am very well aware of that..JN

Umm Yes I am very well aware of that..JN

So then why are you refering GHI as TAPS. TAPS isn't in the UK, GHI is. Just thought I would clear the misconception :D

So then why are you refering GHI as TAPS. TAPS isn't in the UK, GHI is. Just thought I would clear the misconception :D

OMG LOL>I always call them TAPS.JN- :blink:

How, that is like calling any family member of TAPS, TAPS. An Oklahoma team comes to investigate, it is not said TAPS came to investigate, but the team. Its kinda a slap in the face. They have GHI as their logo, not TAPS. Sheesh..... :no:

How, that is like calling any family member of TAPS, TAPS. An Oklahoma team comes to investigate, it is not said TAPS came to investigate, but the team. Its kinda a slap in the face. They have GHI as their logo, not TAPS. Sheesh..... :no:

OMG They dont work out of the White House for goodness sake, its a TV show, with plumbers who go chasing ghosts. I dont pay attention to "logos" and if its a slap in the face in your opinion, you are taking this too seriously and personally. JN :hmm:

Brian is a wimp... fancy running from a ghost :innocent:

To put my two cents in, I think it would be weird to call GHI Taps, because TAPS stands for 'The Atlantic Paranormal Society', meaning US Atlantic. It would be wierd hearing that being refered to a group not in that area anymore doing the ghost hunting. I did think it's a bit weird that Ghost Hunters still refered to themselves as TAPS and not Ghost Hunters.

Ghost Hunters is the name of the show not the group. TAPS was just picked up to fill the team slot. Just as if they made a new show called "Paranormal Encounters" or something, they would choose a team to fill the investigative slot, the team would still use its name.

We sorta got on this topic for a brief moment in my I/O Psychology class today. Talking about group dynamics/structure and how a name for an organization (naturally a non-profit organization) is important to the cause its working for.

Back when I formed my group in NC, I chose Fayetteville Ghost Hunting Society. It was my first thought and I rolled with it. After we became known and started getting cases from all over NC/GA/SC I was thinking man, I wish I would have chosen a more appropriate name other than being localized to one city. People often emailed me back then asking if I just investigate fayetteville or anywhere, often got people confused.

Now, GHI is a group with the show named after them. Spinoffs usually happen this way. Like when Friends was over they did the show about Joey, which didn't last too long. Spinoffs usually do not last so GHI is working against some nice odds. However the paranormal is in exciting field as of late so we will see what happens. Same with Paranormal State, although exaggerated a bit, the show will prolly be alright based on the "oh i like ghosts so I will watch" method.

The thing I didnt enjoy are the fact that they interuppt it too often to tell you about stuff, in the original, the had little pop ups, but I like how the have 2 places in 1 show. Rob was intense also, I thought that was funny...

The thing I didnt enjoy are the fact that they interuppt it too often to tell you about stuff, in the original, the had little pop ups, but I like how the have 2 places in 1 show. Rob was intense also, I thought that was funny...

Yes Rob is extremely serious and intense. Give him time LOL..JN