Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My review of Ghost Hunters International

Mr Mehaha

:lol: that was my exact thought too. I have to admit though, I liked when Brian would get told off by Jason and Grant for something. I'll miss that... hope they get another doofus team member so I have someone to laugh at.

I don't think they sent Donna, I think she got offered a good enough pay cheque as incentive to go, cause one of the reasons she would back out of travelling to far places in the U.S was because of her day job. She's obviously given that up to do GHI, and good on her I say :D

I agree. I'm looking forward to her pictorial debut in Playboy. :) Go Donna, Go Donna.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• NoahJaymes

• 667-Neighbor of the Beast

• Asphodel

It's beginning to remind me of the show "Most Haunted". The way that Brian had is so called encounter with a shadow in that crawl space the one time that he was alone the whole night. I remember a episode of TAPS once where they said that Brian was known to exaggerate his experiences from time to time, and that is a big reason why they always stay together in pairs. To see him off on his own even for a minute sent red flags up in my mind.

I guess it is too soon to really judge the show, but the last episode has me wondering about their ethics a little.

Ditto!

of course, I've been wondering since the first episode of GH. Brian is a liability in my judgement.

But it is entertainment!

Edited by JackalnChainz

IT WAS COOL! I really like it.

Hey V!!!!!

How is my favorite "daugher in law"? ;) LOL Long time no hear from. I watched the show, and the one thing that impressed me the most is that the overseas team seems to have more of a reverence in mind when approaching the spirit. The overseas team seems to be geared to engaging the entities into conversations rather than provoking them to react. For example when the investigator posed for the picture with the entity, although removing the little girl's toys was borderline provoking. I have high hopes for this show, and perhaps fatherhood with give Brian reason enough to " grow up". That will remain to be seen.

Blessed Be,

Tru

I hope the network releases this show's whole season on dvd someday. Man, it sucks to have only "free tv", and even then not all channel receptions are clear.

I hope the network releases this show's whole season on dvd someday. Man, it sucks to have only "free tv", and even then not all channel receptions are clear.

You know I am surpised that the SCI FI channel hasn't followed suit with the other networks and show previous episodes in their entirety with their more successful programming...I mean even TNT shows the Charmed episodes online

Tru

I enjoyed GHI immensely. I personally don't mind Brian. He's humorous, and easy to make fun of if you're in the mood. ;)

I do think that they should try using foreign or archaic languages when in non-english speaking countries, and in the more ancient places they'll visit. I won't believe their EVPs one bit if they are in an old French chateau asking questions in modern english. I suppose there could be theories that would suggest that if the ghosts are intelligent they could pick up languages over time. I just don't buy it. Does anyone else here think that GHI should be more thorough with the use of native languages?

This show is ok, although it has all the annoying people from the original on it (Brain the Idiot, Andy who just rubs me wrong, and Donna the "Oh My God! Something just touched my hand!!' lady!) I can usually tolerate it.

Just a couple of thoughts:

How many EVPs are they missing because they don't recognize European languages?

Is it just me or are they a lot quicker than Jason and Grant to declare a site haunted? They're batting like .750. :huh:

This is my take on the new show, as well. The picked the 3 most excitable members of taps and stuck them on the new show. They are clearly trying to appeal to an audience sector that doesn't like the way TAPS tries to avoid freaking out.

Look at the cast:

Brian: never says quietly, "Hey, I saw something move in the corner." the way Grant and Jason usually do. It's always, "DUDE!!!! THAT WAS F%%$% AWESOME!!!! THAT'S AMAZING!!!! HOLY S$$$!!! WTF!!!!

Donna: She was their eye-candy, but they upgraded. She's also the only member who gets uncomfortable feelings EVERYWHERE. She gets touched constantly and feelings of dread from everything. I'll bet she had a helluva lotta imaginary friends when she was little. (Don't take any of that the wrong way, I still like her and think she works fine as eye-candy ;) )

Andy: What can you say? I just want to shake him out like a dishrag every time he's on camera. If you remember one of the early episodes of TAPS (back when Andy was on it), Andy felt like something was trying to push him or something, he freaked out and ran out of the house.

Bottom line: I think Sci-Fi ran the idea of the GHI show by Jason and he took the opportunity to steer the people who don't fit in with the TAPS investigative style toward the new show. That said, it's still good entertainment - over the course of an hour, I can laugh at Brian, growl and curse at Andy, and make kissing noises at Donna - all many times. How many other shows on TV give you that much entertainment value? :tu:

I enjoyed GHI immensely. I personally don't mind Brian. He's humorous, and easy to make fun of if you're in the mood. ;)

I do think that they should try using foreign or archaic languages when in non-english speaking countries, and in the more ancient places they'll visit. I won't believe their EVPs one bit if they are in an old French chateau asking questions in modern english. I suppose there could be theories that would suggest that if the ghosts are intelligent they could pick up languages over time. I just don't buy it. Does anyone else here think that GHI should be more thorough with the use of native languages?

I cant stand the show. I hate it. It went wrong on so many levels.

Brian; I thought he got canned? what the heck...the guy is the most embarrassing guy I have ever seen, and always has been. I cringe everytime he comes on, and I think that of all the people to send to the UK to represent the US, why in the heck did it have to be him? The guy cant carry on a conversation and comes across like a numbskull on a good day...

Robb: This guy gets on my nerves...he pushes the skeptic thing so hard it just kind of ruins the idea of the show. He just comes across as pompous...on the reveal the guys first words are just blurts out; we are skeptics and are trying to debunk your claims..." wth?

Andy: Really knowledgable, I think out of all of them he has the most level headed information. Squeakiest voice in the world.

Shannon: Why do they dress her like a teenybopper? I dont get it...it is hard to take people seriously when they dress like teenagers...Robb cant seem to shave for the show and she cant seem to dress like an adult.

Donna: Pretty girl. Not sure what else to say.

The show just seems annoying to me...I had really high hopes for it too, but it just seems to have flopped for me...

Edited by Fluffybunny

I cant stand the show. I hate it. It went wrong on so many levels.

Brian; I thought he got canned? what the heck...the guy is the most embarrassing guy I have ever seen, and always has been. I cringe everytime he comes on, and I think that of all the people to send to the UK to represent the US, why in the heck did it have to be him? The guy cant carry on a conversation and comes across like a numbskull on a good day...

Robb: This guy gets on my nerves...he pushes the skeptic thing so hard it just kind of ruins the idea of the show. He just comes across as pompous...on the reveal the guys first words are just blurts out; we are skeptics and are trying to debunk your claims..." wth?

Andy: Really knowledgable, I think out of all of them he has the most level headed information. Squeakiest voice in the world.

Shannon: Why do they dress her like a teenybopper? I dont get it...it is hard to take people seriously when they dress like teenagers...Robb cant seem to shave for the show and she cant seem to dress like an adult.

Donna: Pretty girl. Not sure what else to say.

The show just seems annoying to me...I had really high hopes for it too, but it just seems to have flopped for me...

LOL I totally agree. Brian is a total embarrassment to the team and humanity in general. I noticed Robb states every time that they are there to debunk and prove there are no spirits. How does that make the clients feel? Shannon has the personality of a flea, and Andy works my nerves. I noticed on the last episode Barry said very little, and I sensed he was totally grossed out by the American debunkers. I like Donna, but like the other poster said, something is always touching her, when in reality how would we know, there is no evidence to prove that. She now has a habit of reaching out to touch a spirit, that aint workin..I truly used to enjoy it, when Jay and Grant went to residential locations, but again, whatever Jason debunks, Grant agrees. Its fine to go in a location to disprove spirits, but its another to tell the client over and over again. Yep a flop it is. I think they should go back to full time plumbers for Roto Rooter..JN

OOPS Forgot something. I have a hobby of taking photos off the TV during any "ghost" show, and somehow I know when to take a shot even though I cant visually see a spirit or anything. Sometimes I get something and other times not, its just fun. I took a shot of GH and it was when they were in I think Ireland, I believe? One investigator was using I think an EMF detector getting spikes so took a shot and got this. The woman on the right does not appear to be a member of the team, or am I delusional LOL..JN

post-53813-1201238335_thumb.jpg

OOPS Forgot something. I have a hobby of taking photos off the TV during any "ghost" show, and somehow I know when to take a shot even though I cant visually see a spirit or anything. Sometimes I get something and other times not, its just fun. I took a shot of GH and it was when they were in I think Ireland, I believe? One investigator was using I think an EMF detector getting spikes so took a shot and got this. The woman on the right does not appear to be a member of the team, or am I delusional LOL..JN

There weren't any women on the Leep Castle investigation anyway, if I recall. I think that's the episode you're speaking of, correct?

There weren't any women on the Leep Castle investigation anyway, if I recall. I think that's the episode you're speaking of, correct?

Correct! I couldnt remember, and when I uploaded it I noticed a female with dark hair, sort of smiling but does not have a full body, can you see her? JN

I truly used to enjoy it, when Jay and Grant went to residential locations, but again, whatever Jason debunks, Grant agrees. Its fine to go in a location to disprove spirits, but its another to tell the client over and over again. Yep a flop it is. I think they should go back to full time plumbers for Roto Rooter..JN

Me too. I think that the two made a good level headed combo. I also think it makes sense to go into each case and look for obvious explanations for things that happen as they did, but the way that robb puts it is just rude, from a business standpoint I would be upset to have someone come in to assist with a haunting and have them act like they did...I was stunned and I am not easily stunned. Actually it is embarrassing.

I think that if jay and grant had gone over it would have been a different story, I think they could have been personable enough to make the show watchable, but somehow we ended up with the worst group.

I seriously read last year that brian had been fired for being inept; and really, just by watching the show there is no doubt about that. I will never forget the state prison that they went to, where brian and another guy saw a shadow in the prison and got scared...brian let out the infamous "DUDE RUN!!!!" that made it into the title scene. good grief. I know that things can be frightening at times, but get a hold of yourself. He should have just quit at that point out of sheer embarrassment, I cant fathom running like that on national tv and coming back to the show. I have been in some scary places and had some odd experiences, but running is not in my playbook.

With all of the incredible history and hauntings in the UK, the show should be amazing; it is like fishing in a barrell over there...sad.

Correct! I couldnt remember, and when I uploaded it I noticed a female with dark hair, sort of smiling but does not have a full body, can you see her? JN

I'm sorry. I cannot make anything out very well. :hmm:

Robb is intense, and not in a good way. He is frighteningly intense. :( I think Barry should be in charge. He's calm, professional, and definitely knows what he's doing. Plus it's his continent! He knows the cultures a lot better than the Americans. He's the only one who even tried speaking another language when they were in Spain. I believe he went into Latin.

I agree that robb is too intense, but in a cocky knowitall kind of way. I dont understand why Americans are the lead for ghost hunters INTERNATIONAL; the guys that are there arent very well traveled, you know what I mean? Barry is the obvious choice, in my opinion anyway.

Me too. I think that the two made a good level headed combo. I also think it makes sense to go into each case and look for obvious explanations for things that happen as they did, but the way that robb puts it is just rude, from a business standpoint I would be upset to have someone come in to assist with a haunting and have them act like they did...I was stunned and I am not easily stunned. Actually it is embarrassing.

I think that if jay and grant had gone over it would have been a different story, I think they could have been personable enough to make the show watchable, but somehow we ended up with the worst group.

I seriously read last year that brian had been fired for being inept; and really, just by watching the show there is no doubt about that. I will never forget the state prison that they went to, where brian and another guy saw a shadow in the prison and got scared...brian let out the infamous "DUDE RUN!!!!" that made it into the title scene. good grief. I know that things can be frightening at times, but get a hold of yourself. He should have just quit at that point out of sheer embarrassment, I cant fathom running like that on national tv and coming back to the show. I have been in some scary places and had some odd experiences, but running is not in my playbook.

With all of the incredible history and hauntings in the UK, the show should be amazing; it is like fishing in a barrell over there...sad.

Very true...Brian was fired, came back, left and they hired him back because he is part of the TAPS family (sounds like the mafia lol). He is NOT a good investigator, he talks too much and I am sure he misses things by doing so. I was really turned off when they were hunting for the spirit of a child and he said something to the effect "Come out, you are screwing with the wrong people." How can someone threaten a spirit? He's an idiot and really puts a damper on their reputation, that they once had. The RUN DUDE RUN was totally immature, even the females dont do that. Part of his job is chasing it down, and searching, not running away. I have not liked him out of everyone, from the get go. He is loud, rude and filled with drama, and whines like a little girl. Robb needs to lighten up a little, and gain a personality geeeeez. If I had a PI group come in and say they were at my home to "debunk activity from a skeptical view" I would show them the door. They can debunk all they want, but why broadcast it to the client in a negative way. I believe every PI team should go to a location with an open mind, and decide if they find something, great, and if not, explain that spirits hide when they come and come back again if need be. CORRECT there are SO many haunted locations in the UK the average Joe could find a spirit. I have lost interest in it. I watch it, just cause its on, not because its fun to watch, nor is it interesting IMO..They are all too annoying LOL..JN

Brian has been acting a little better, though. You must admit, he's grown up a little bit. A tiny bit? He's definitely less obnoxious.

Maybe I'm just in a very nice mood right now.

GHI must do these two things, at least:

1) Start using native or relevant languages during EVP sessions, and

2) Put Barry in charge!

She is hard to see, does this help?

I'm sorry, I still can't say I see her. Sometimes I'm just not good with spotting things. Thank you for the effort, though. :)

I believe every PI team should go to a location with an open mind, and decide if they find something, great, and if not, explain that spirits hide when they come and come back again if need be. CORRECT there are SO many haunted locations in the UK the average Joe could find a spirit. I have lost interest in it. I watch it, just cause its on, not because its fun to watch, nor is it interesting IMO..They are all too annoying LOL..JN

An open mind is important and I think that they should be looking for the truth of the matter, whether it is a good evidence of a haunting, or figuring out the etherial voices are from the air conditioning ducts from the neighbors kitchen...

Going in with the idea of debunking, that rabid attitude is a disservice to the process of finding the truth. I you are so dead set against the idea that it could be a ghost; you arent going to find evidence of a ghost even if it is legitimate. It is as bad as seeing ghosts around every corner, even when they are not there...

It is all about finding the truth.

I'm sorry, I still can't say I see her. Sometimes I'm just not good with spotting things. Thank you for the effort, though. :)

Thats ok, no problem. For me she is easy to see, even my b/f and son sees her. She is to our left of the bright flash on the right..Its usually easier if you sit farther back from the monitor..Anyway, thanks JN

An open mind is important and I think that they should be looking for the truth of the matter, whether it is a good evidence of a haunting, or figuring out the etherial voices are from the air conditioning ducts from the neighbors kitchen...

Going in with the idea of debunking, that rabid attitude is a disservice to the process of finding the truth. I you are so dead set against the idea that it could be a ghost; you arent going to find evidence of a ghost even if it is legitimate. It is as bad as seeing ghosts around every corner, even when they are not there...

It is all about finding the truth.

AGREED!! If they have the mindset that there is nothing there, maybe thats why they never get anything. There is a way to communicate with spirits and sitting there waiting, or using those darn EMF detectors doesnt do it. It IS about the truth, but seems now they pride themselves and will go to extremes to debunk, and what good is that? I have seen some very disappointed customers, and they know there is something in their home, as a haunting is obvious. LOL At airducts, plumbing, tunnels under the ground, leaky water heaters etc, doesnt even begin to describe with the clients see or hear. Yep, its all about finding the truth, now tell them that..JN

On the last episode I couldn't agree with them when they were debunking the security camera image. Andy was way too bright, the wrong shape, and showed on the camera for too long. I don't think they should have entirely dismissed the film. They should have just left it as a maybe, if that is a possibility. I just can't see paranormal investigation as black and white. If it was that simple it wouldn't be paranormal.

Edited by Asphodel