Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Theory

Novo

okay here is my theory.... I think it is possible that all time is stationary... every last 1/1000000 of a milisecond ... points in time are just that .. there and stationary.. but our self awareness moves forward through these points in time.. hence creating the illusion we are moving... just a thing I thought up one night when I was in bed...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychicPenguin

• STIX

• The Man

• Novo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do u mean like a movie each frame is motionless but when you flick through them fast enough we perceive them as an actual moving image?

Do u mean like a movie each frame is motionless but when you flick through them fast enough we perceive them as an actual moving image?

yes similiar to that,actully very much so like a frame in a movie

Student, this theroy of time you have presented sounds much like the ideas of Nietzche, the german philosopher with a bad attitude. His idea was that all things exsist in the now; that there is no such thing as the past or future and the present is the only reality. Although a very plausible idea, I don't believe it in the least. It sounds much too sad and pathetic, to live life as one pointless moment to the next. gunsmilie.gif Plus it gives an excuse to undermind consequence.

HOLY CRAP! IT'S MOTHMAN!

post-14-1075690445.jpg

Actually what he said is different than that. We are still moving forward, but not in continuous fashion. We know that there are a lot of things in this world that is not continuous, or quantized, such as electric charge. This behavior might be applicable to time as well, but there is no known way to prove it with current technology. Also it is interesting that if time is quantized, there must be an upper limit for speed (distance/time), which is something that is known to be true.

We discussed a topic similar to this a few years back , one where Homer pointed out that time in itself is a dimension . From this we started to tear apart the physics of movement as a frame by frame sequence , it was quite a discussion with loads of thought provoking tid bits .

Sadly that one has crossed to the place where dead threads go but just as relevant is this thread here .

Click er thumbsup.gif

okay here is my theory.... I think it is possible that all time is stationary... every last 1/1000000 of a milisecond ... points in time are just that .. there and stationary.. but our self awareness moves forward through these points in time.. hence creating the illusion we are moving... just a thing I thought up one night when I was in bed...

I think people worry about things too much. We are here, we are moving, if that's through a 1,000,000 stills a second so be it, it affects us not.

You need a new bedtime hobby! thumbsup.gif

Well perhaps it's unimportant , but the chinese have a word that means the bueaty of the space between things . I don't know what that word is but I have heard they have a word kinda like that .

Any way If time were to be seperate and still segments of movement then it would equally mean that there is something seperating these segments an anti-movement if you will . Infact time can not be viewed as seperate sections without the space between them . So what does the shadow area of movement do? What would an area like this mean ? Is it where the ghosts and ghouls and specters exsist ?Or maybe a gate way to dimensional travel ?

Allright I really should stop typing at some point .

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm, interesting. what about freezing something right down to its sub atomic constituents, halting time for the frozen object, allowing time to continue onwards, thereby the object will effectively travel back in time.

abolute zero has not been attained by man. the nearest they got is like 3 billionths of a degree above absolute zero. maybe something cool will happen when they do... a bit like the faster than light scenario. whistling2.gif

Absolute zero means that particles are no longer moving. It implies that the particles has exactly zero momentum and a known position. According to Heissenberg's uncertainty principle, it is impossible for a particle to have exact momentum and position, therefore, absolute zero is impossible. It is also known as the 3rd law of thermodynamics: "you cannot reach absolute zero."

are you too dumb to know there are 4 different simultaneous 24 hour days within a single rotation of Earth? Greenwich 1 day is a lie. 4 quadrants = 4 corners, and 4 different directions. Each Earth corner rotates own separate 24 hour day. Infinite days is stupidity.

www.timecube.com

Edited by Void

the smallest recordable interval of time is 1/ten million billionth (I refuse to calculate the number of zeros that number requires)

If an electron rotates around an atom, then it must be recordable...and is. we have to discover something that is so fast that it cant be recorded (lets call it cheese for now), of course this will only exist in theory...if this happens then the theory you have devised will be proven wrong, because within your theory an interval of time must be recordable since it is quantative. So if you cannot record the speed or time or distance of this cheese then it cannot exist...This means that your theory of time being stationary is true and I just proved it.

Muahahaha...gotta add the evil laugh

Ok, I gotta add something, if cheese moves so fast it cannot be recorded then it has to move faster than the speed of light. This would have to be a theory that explains some phenomenon, like cheesy information being relayed across a gap of 10 light years in only 5 years. Since we use light in order to measure intervals of time, we could not measure cheese because it is too fast to catch with a beam of light. the only explanation is that cheese has properties that manipulate the intervals of time in order to lengthen them, if the intervals of time surrounding cheese are longer (1 second becomes 2 seconds, thus 10 years becomes 5), than cheese will seem to move faster than it actually is moving. thus creating a distorted perception of reality. cheese could then be described as a photon of light that bends time.

OK now first there is no time

time is a mesurment of solids,example the speed of light with out the solid in the equation there is no speed,

even light is considered a solid,thus the speed of light

without the solids can you mesure time,no,,,thus the old saying..If time stood still hahaha thumbsup.gif

ta ta devil.gif

Absolute zero means that particles are no longer moving. It implies that the particles has exactly zero momentum and a known position. According to Heissenberg's uncertainty principle, it is impossible for a particle to have exact momentum and position, therefore, absolute zero is impossible. It is also known as the 3rd law of thermodynamics: "you cannot reach absolute zero."

What are you talking about? Ever heard of James Maxwell, this was the start of an actual perfect explainable, but yet unpredictable universe theory. Basically a Theory on Everything, this new era was born by what is called the Maxwell Demon, and what is now called The Chaos Theory.

Basically the Demon sits at the door of your office in summertime and watches the molecules wandering back and forth. Those which move faster than some limit he only lets pass out of the room, and those moving slower than some limit he only lets pass into the room. He doesn't need to expend energy to do this -- he simply closes a lightweight shutter whenever he spots a molecule coming that he wants to deflect. The molecule then just bounces off the shutter and returns the way it came. All he needs, it would appear, is patience, remarkably good eyesight and speedly reflexes, and the brain to figure out how to herd brainless molecules.

The result of the Demon's work is cool, literally. Since the average speed at which the molecules in the air zoom around is what we perceive as the temperature of the air, the Demon will by excluding high-speed molecules from the room and admitting only low-speed molecules cause the average speed and hence temperature to drop. He is an air conditioner that needs no power supply.

In Chaos it is now believed that once you reach the speed of light, that you reach absoulte Zero, and then start going the speed of light backwards through time, as Negative186,000 miles per second.

The best way I can explain this to you is through my studies of what I now call the Ripple Effect. Take a cup of water hold it in your hand to a certain height, perferably to the point to of where the water will reach it's terminal velocity, then watch it fall into a Larger STATIONARY pool of water. As the water ripples its way to it's end point or should I say the edge of the pool, watch it bouce back in to it's center point from which the dropplet first fell into the pool. Now the catch is that if you look closely you will still see the Ripples progressing towards the edge while also regressing towards the center point of which it came. The force pushing speed of the falling water, x the initial impact divided by the distance traveled.

a = f + s . i / d

It's kind of like hometesting the Big Bang/ Big Crunch effect. This theory does hold water.

Ex. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

-10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Time is not stationary. Time is Progressing / Regressing.

Just in case you were wondering Laws, and Hearts were meant to be broken.

Sorry about your 3rd Law of Thermo Newton. grin2.gif

This theory does hold water

haha, nice

This theory does hold water

haha, nice

Thank you, Im glad I could put the ball in your court, so now that absolute zero is possible in theory, what would you do with it?

Time being Progressing/Regressing, well check this out. This will be the scenario if I am correct.

The universe begins from the God Particle (The Big Bang), and as we now incorporate string theory ( Quantum ) into play, the universe expands due to these sub atomic Superstrings being strecthed, because of the Force from the Big Bang.

When the Superstrings cannot stretch no longer, they will regress, kind of like a ping pong ball on a paddle.

Most people think this will be the Big Crunch. But the catch is that with the Ripple effect as I explained (Progress/Regress) you can see that the after effects of the progession of time and motion, will instead of returning to the point from which it came, instead will cause a Cosmic Collision as Time and motion regresses.

The Ripple Effect is the point at which, time meets time, in a bending, or possibly shattering motion. Either time will bend into slithering motion kind of like the way a snakes body slides and continue to progess but at the same time regress, or time will shatter in all directions causeing the universe to rip and tear until it reaches at point of equalibrium.

But due to the unpredictablity of the Universe ( Chaos Theory ) it's hard to assume that these are the only possibilities, just that my studies have shown me that The Ripple Effect would be more likely to happen.

Edited by The Man

blink.gif

So the ripple == time?? ... time travel is possible then??

And how is this going to allow absolute zero? huh.gif

And what does this mean?

a = f + s . i / d

blink.gif

So the ripple == time?? ... time travel is possible then??

And how is this going to allow absolute zero? huh.gif

And what does this mean?

a = f + s . i / d

Ok Ill try to explain it a little bit easier.

A= ( being the The universe ) F ( being the Force pushing the speed of the traveling universe ) S (being the speed of the universe) I (being the impact caused by the force behind the speed of the universe when it reaches it's end point, Absolute Zero) D ( being the distance traveled from the begining point of the force, to the end point of the Universe.

A= Force + Speed multiplied by The Impact at it's end point divided by the distance traveled for the point of impact to reach the absolute zero.

Next the Impact reaches Absolute Zero, and then travels backwards to the center point of the universe, but instead of reaching the center point it actually will meet up with the after effects of the evermore progressing universe, as if it created a sort of ripple effect.

Still confused?

Ok picture Newtons cradel ( you know what this is don't you? ) except having only two balls smacking into each other causeing vibrations, waves, or ripples.

If your still confused do my experiment which I have given you.

Absolute Zero can be reached, but once it is reached it regresses backward in Time.

Kind of like Negatives and Positives.

Edited by The Man

It's true. That is what I have always believed. And if our conscienceness(spelling?) is able to go "forward" it can also go backwards? Time is so much fun.