Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion vs IQ

tralalala

All I think this proves is that the IQ test is flawed. It only measures how well one uses a certain process to arrive at a certain answer. Since the conventional IQ test involves the scientific and logical approach to solve a problem, it leaves out the traits of a believer, which is usually arriving at answers that cannot be proven by conventional science.

Therefore, it is not the intelligence that is different between Atheists and Christians, just the methods of how they arrive at their conclusions.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brave_new_world

• Condescending

• momentarylapseofreason

• Omnaka

I have noticed that alot of those who are very intelligent tend to separate knowledge and belief. they don't mix the two media.

I have noticed that alot of those who are very intelligent tend to separate knowledge and belief. they don't mix the two media.

I think that's a pretty astute observation. I like it, and I think it's a fairly accurate statement. :tu:

There are some people who believe that you are stupid for playing to God/s for something that you should be doing for yourself. I myself can see praying for guidance or something similar but not for something that you are more then capable of doing yourself. A bit off topic Iknow just wanted to toss my two cents in..... :tu:

Well, it MUST be something psychologically related, because IQ isn't how smart you are, it's how smart you CAN BE, and how easily your brain computes and calculates. You could be a baby with an enormous IQ, and therefore IQ can't effect your faith. It could effect the opinions you make, and decision you make (or in other words the INFLUENCES on your faith), but to say that there's a direct, easily explainable link is very odd... in my opinion.

Well, it MUST be something psychologically related, because IQ isn't how smart you are, it's how smart you CAN BE, and how easily your brain computes and calculates. You could be a baby with an enormous IQ, and therefore IQ can't effect your faith. It could effect the opinions you make, and decision you make (or in other words the INFLUENCES on your faith), but to say that there's a direct, easily explainable link is very odd... in my opinion.

As far as I know this is correct. It's your ability/potential to learn & reason.

There are supposedly 9 types of intelligence.

The statistics still show the higher/better the educational level of its citizens, the lower religiosity overall. (can show sources ,if interested)

But their IQ's are still higher , so maybe good education correlates with higher ability to learn ?

This is what I mean. We may call him an agnostic??? I dont think anyone will ever truly know for certain what he was. However I dont think that ought to stop religious people from holding him as a role model because he was such a pacifist and humanitarian. All people whether religious or not should be like this in my view.

He said we may call him an agnostic, so some did.

I get the impression he didn't like labels. :yes: