Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Dog of Hanging Hills Hunt!

Nessieman23

Update III:

This is February Vacation for us...So it's now, or never. Expect video/photo later this week, if we get anything. Got Maps! Wish us luck

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nessieman23

• Lightning88

• sewinglife/chimera

• JustNormal

yea he is cute. I work in photoshop the color looks like a add on it doesnt look natural to me.

I dunno.. that black matches pretty much what other photographed black labs look like - just google image search black lab. The high contrast is just due to the fur being glossy.

Also there's no reason given what you can see in the image that the dog should be casting a visible shadow.

Update IV-

I'm bored, so I'll make a update. My last update was Yesterday, and I mentioned we're on Winter Break. I hope to find out more about Hangy (thats my nickname for the dog, I added it to my signature) I have a binder full of maps, info, etc. I'm going to find a bus to Meriden/Hanging Hills, if ANYONE knows a bus there, ANYONE has a route that goes out there, tell me Please. I mean, we have a chance with Seans car, but...I'm worried. I am going to the Meriden Mall, to reserve Crisis Core, while I'm there, I hope to gather information (and they have reservals left, haha) Also, if your talking about the dog, call it Hangy from now on. (I want the name to catch on) Oh, and I live in Middletown. That might help for the bus routes

where else are these dogs seen?

where else are these dogs seen?

yay my 2nd star!,lol

LAST UPDATE :cry: -

...Well, here we are, the last update. I know it's a double post. Ok, well, our luck was bad before we even SAW Hangy [did we see him? I'll get to that in a minute] Ok, first: Seans camera freakin BROKE! I was pis-angry! Then, I tripped and fell into a puddle (it's been raining/snowing up here in CT) So I was soaked. And heres the coup de grace: We didnt see him. At all. So, we went up there for no reason, we have no proof we didnt see him, we have no proof we did see him. All in all...It SUCKED. We went yesterday, and I wrote today. It was just...Dissapointing.

'Malachai'

...Well, here we are, the last update. I know it's a double post. Ok, well, our luck was bad before we even SAW Hangy [did we see him? I'll get to that in a minute] Ok, first: Seans camera freakin BROKE! I was pis-angry! Then, I tripped and fell into a puddle (it's been raining/snowing up here in CT) So I was soaked. And heres the coup de grace: We didnt see him. At all. So, we went up there for no reason, we have no proof we didnt see him, we have no proof we did see him. All in all...It SUCKED. We went yesterday, and I wrote today. It was just...Dissapointing.

'Malachai'

that sucks.soooo when you going back?

'Malachai'

I live around in the same area, and I agree about the weather. I think you need to wait a few months to try again, when it's not this environmentally crazy.

He's not kidding, it was raining all day one day, and snowing like mad the next. Not a good time to try and find what you are looking for. Plus, how can you stand this cold?!?!

I just hope the thread wont die...That'd suck

I've seen some that stick around for a long time.as long as you update it will stay alive.even if it go's into the old pages when you post new info it will come back alive.

Alright then...I'll find some new info on Hangy until all the snow melts

let us know what you find.

New Update:

Umm, Problem...

Me and Sean are on non-speaking terms...And he's kinda my transportation (and my only way to get Crisis Core), and our cameraman, so, umm...That's extremely bad news. This is completely irrelevant to the subject, but what should I do to get Sean to talk to me again? Oh, and I learned Hangy hangs around Castle Craig (no pun intended)

New Update:

Umm, Problem...

Me and Sean are on non-speaking terms...And he's kinda my transportation (and my only way to get Crisis Core), and our cameraman, so, umm...That's extremely bad news. This is completely irrelevant to the subject, but what should I do to get Sean to talk to me again? Oh, and I learned Hangy hangs around Castle Craig (no pun intended)

that depends on what you did to anger him.

• 1 month later...
It does look like a normal dog, but then again I don't know much about it but for some reason the color of the dog looks photoshoped, It doesnt really hav a shadow either I think it was placed there.

I'm the one that took the photo of the dog. Did you even read the story that went with the photos? I never said it was a ghost dog, but when the NY TIMES, the New Haven Register, and Brendan Hanrahan, from the Connecticut Windows On The Natural World blog contacted me about the photos, I showed them all the photos I had in original format.

If the color is bizarre to you, bear in mind is was an older Sony digital camera (maybe 1.2megapixel) and I never professed to be a photographer. But read the story that goes along with the photos: http://cttrips.blogspot.com/2006/01/photo-...ack-dog-of.html

Was very clear about why I was there, how I happen to take the photograph, and all the dynamics that surround the story. There was also a follow up story that was done on it.

Also, I don't recall ever seeing shadows on a dark overcast day. Maybe it's just me though. :P

Just wanted to comment, I'm glad the "Legend of the Black Hills" is still interesting to people.

Personally, I think CT has many more cooler stories and places.

How about the Old Woman from Easton Graveyard? The Warrens are always investigating stuff around Connecticut, maybe they're only giving lectures at Book stores now...

SgtVishus